San Diego hotel recommendations?

oceanscape

DIS Veteran
We are looking for a beachfront hotel/resort with rooms which sleep 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). Any recommendations or advice? Loved the look of the Del Coronado but it is waaay too expensive at $650/night for a family suite. Our budget is around $400/night MAX.

Thanks!

We are looking for a beachfront hotel/resort with rooms which sleep 5 (2 adults and 3 kids). Any recommendations or advice? Loved the look of the Del Coronado but it is waaay too expensive at $650/night for a family suite. Our budget is around $400/night MAX.

Thanks!

Make sure you sign up for the Dels web specials. They always seem to send me a monthly special. I don't know what to suggest, but you should check out hotels on tripadvisor. I think you might enjoy the Mission Bay/Mission Beach area as well as Coronado Island.

Thanks!

Why not do a house rental? We have used the Penny realty gency with great results. We got a house right on the beach for a reasonable amount. That way the kids could right out on to the sand and we could sit on our patio and watch the volleyball players.

http://www.missionbeach.com/

:surfweb:

We love paradise point resort and spa on Mission Bay, they can be kinda spendy for beach front, but the regular garden rooms are great, patio door that opens to a patio with lush gardens. Great main pool, beach access on the bay, I could go on and on. Try expedia they seem to have the best rates, or AAA if you can.

I will second the Catamaran resort. My wife and I stayed there a few years ago. It is right on Mission bay and has a very nice beach right out the back door.

Bahia is on Mission Bay, about 2 blocks to the ocean. We had a small suite with kitchenette and beds for 4, but I think more would fit. They also had larger rooms. Our room opened up to the bay, with a beach and patio.

We loved it there and would love to visit again!

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter