Sandles...

BostonTigger

<font color=purple>I want the Swiss Family Treehou
Hello everyone, I'm heading down to the "World" in August...that's exactly 40 days from now. I'm needing to know something. I know to something, by buying leather sandles now I would not have time to break them in. But, if I were to buy the other kind, the plastic/nylon, or what ever they are called, would I be able to break them in on time, or does it matter with these kind of sandles? I just don't want to have to wear my sneakers the whole time. I'd appreciate the advice. That is if you can understand what I've just written.

Thanks

My daughter got a pair of Nike Straprunners last weekend and has had them on ever since! She tells me they are the most confortable things she has ever had on her feet. So... I guess ready-for-Disney footware is out there. BTW, they cost $40.00. but she got them on sale at Dick's for $20.00!

Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Oh great, thank you. I just don't want to have to do the break in thing. Thanks once again.

I agree -- Nike Straprunners. My husband and I both wore them at WDW and we are not even sandals people. These sandals are very comfortable. I highly recommend them.

I have been looking at these Nike Straprunners. Do they run small like most Nikes do? I think I am going to order them off the internet so I need an idea of sizing.

Thanks,

:wave:

You might also consider Teva sandals....no break in time required for those and they are soooo comfortable!

at Paramounts Kings Dominion last week. They performed exactly as everyone says. I only had them about 2 weeks before we went. They were very comfortable, no rubbing, chafing, etc. We were at the park from 10AM to 5:30PM walking on black asphalt surfaces. They were especially convenient after the water rides because my feet never felt soggy. Highly recommended. I got mine off the Internet too. I wear a size 10 normally, ordered a size 10, and they fit fine.

Koswalt...(or anyone)...where did you get your sandals from over the internet. I went to the Dick's site and they dont even carry Nike.
I found them at Kohls for $29 but they didnt have my size.

Thanks

From either footlocker.com or ladyfootlocker.com (can't remember which).

My suggestion would be Tevas. My trip last year to Disney I packed 2 pairs of tennis shoes and my Tevas. I never wore the tennis shoes. I walk 3 miles a day here at home and in the summer time, I wear my Tevas. No break-in time.

If you have a costco near by I got these wonderful sandals that are so comfortable that I wound up getting 3 pair of them (one pair are for my trip next year), and the best thing was they are only 10.99! I found these of course after I bought a pair of Tevas for about 3 times as much and wound up giving them away because they were so uncomfortable. The ones from Costco are called gotcha sport and are so cushy and supportive. :p

Does anyone know if the adidas sandals are any good for WDW-ing ?

IE the Buukassage, santiassage, or adiSsage?

Tevas are the way I woudl go, i love mine! I have the velcro non-leather ones and lived in them on my trip to WDW in June '99. They required 0 break in time for me and I get blisters easily!

try rei.com for tevas. They have other sandals there too but i got teva pretty ruggeds for $49 on sale there. They are not leather but they are so comfortable. they have the neoprene lined straps and also have something in the soles for foot odor. I did notice the leather ones dont do as well when your feet sweat in them for a few hours. I wore them to the boardwalk in ocean city today for hours and they were very comfy.

My DD just bought a pair of Nike Straprunner II's specifically to wear to WDW, and she loves them! She got them on sale at Gart Sports in Boise, Idaho for $37 (normally $40). She normally wears a size 7 1/2 and had to buy a size 6 in the sandals (the 7's were even too big).

Thanks for the advice!! I'm shopping for sandals this weekend!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter