Sanford Airport

padkasper

Disney Fan
can anyone tell me about this airport? Southeast Airlines offers great fares and they fly into this airport. I've never heard of it.
-Pam

:p I only know it's abvout 45 min north of Orlando. Southwest also flies direct into Orlando...keep checking their flights as they have new offers each week.

Steve-
It's "southeast" not "southwest". The add in the paper said it was closer than that. Anyone else??

Sanford is right on the northeast border of town, heck in 45 minutes you could be close to Daytona... unless its rush hour.

My family flew into Sanford on Southeast last week. Flight was fine. The airport was nice - small and convenient. The ride to Disney took just under one hour.

We flew into Sanford a year ago. Guy we flew with said he thought he remembered it being an air force base when he was in the service. Anyway...it's a small airport, very nice to use. It is almost an hour to get to WDW. We would use it again in a flash, but PanAm doesn't fly out of Worcester anymore. It was nice while it lasted.

Flew Southeast two weeks ago. Sanford is relatively small, clean airport, very easy to navigate. Flights were on time and smooth. Our luggage was out almost immediately. We took Greenway 417 around the east side of Orlando rather than I-4 and it's straight into WDW. It's a toll road, therefore less traffic and congestion. Well worth the money. 417 is just a couple miles from the airport.
Take advantage of those fares!!
ginnie

in about 6 weeks and we are looking for a one week rental car deal. We discovered the towncar services are quite a bit more from Sanford to WDW than from MCO due to the extra distance, I imagine. As posted above, we have also been told it is a little less than an hour drive. We have heard quite a few positive things about Sanford so it will be interesting to be able to compare it to MCO.

Actually I found it easier to get to WDW from Sanford than it was from MCO, and I had no problem at all renting a car, Dollar, Avis , National/Alamo and Hertz have rental counters there, two of them by the baggage claim area and the other in the building right across the street from the baggage claim area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter