SAP+ ?

I'm dying to know this as well, it's the only reason I can't justify buying a small contract there. Well that and the need for the 5th sleeper in the one bedroom 🤣
They will most likely get a Murphy bed to replace the sofa bed, but not a small under the TV Murphy. I don't think the rooms are large enough. The sofa bed definitely needs to go!

I realized that I don't care much about a balcony either... I like to open the door for fresh air, but not sit outside.
Here are the resorts where I tend to like time on the balcony or patio. I'll note that until recently we had kids who went to bed before 8, so we had to be in the room anyway. Nowadays some of our balcony time is spent in the parks:

VGF: other than room 1221, every other room has lovely views. Monorail, lake, fireworks, sunrise, sunset.
RIV: same (so far) - we always request and get a high floor, which means MK fireworks and also sometimes EP fireworks.
BLT: fireworks, lake, monorail ... there is a theme here.
BWV boardwalk view: Boardwalk or village green view - we've only experienced it twice, but its great for coffee in the morning and wine/wind down at night.
AKV savanna: ...

Places where I don't use the balcony:
BCV: stayed here many times, never used. We're either at the pool or out at the parks. Not sure, though, how much this is due to the fact that there are no views to speak of
BWV: std / p/g - most of these small balconies don't face onto anything interesting. The one time we faced the pool, we were right at tree level. Big, bushy tree level.

Hm. I guess we happened to pick resorts that tended to have good views even though I wouldn't have said that was in my top 3 factors when choosing our home resorts.

village green view
Is that considered a Boardwalk, Standard or Garden/Pool view when booking?
I never heard of it, so I had to look it up, & I almost like it better than Boardwalk view!! (i guess it's partial)

Is that considered a Boardwalk, Standard or Garden/Pool view when booking?
I never heard of it, so I had to look it up, & I almost like it better than Boardwalk view!! (i guess it's partial)
Village Green is P/G view. It used to be BW view, but too many guests complained it was only a partial BW view, so they changed it. Now they’re sought after FOR the partial BW view! :rotfl2:

Village Green is P/G view. It used to be BW view, but too many guests complained it was only a partial BW view, so they changed it. Now they’re sought after FOR the partial BW view! :rotfl2:
Figures eh. lol

I'd definitely add that to my room request next time, since I most likely would always be booking P/G.

Was there ever a world where these were standard view? We stayed for a few nights in Dec 2020 when occupancy was still quite low and got a studio on the village green and it was amazing. Loved it. Now that I think about it, I think we got pixie dusted. It was high floor looking onto the Village Green with the Christmas tree.

They will most likely get a Murphy bed to replace the sofa bed, but not a small under the TV Murphy. I don't think the rooms are large enough. The sofa bed definitely needs to go!
See I feel like they could put a small sleeper in the bedroom. I'd happily give that room to my 3 kids and DH and I take the living room murphy. Maybe I'm not remembering the space right, I thought the bedroom seemed bigger.

See I feel like they could put a small sleeper in the bedroom. I'd happily give that room to my 3 kids and DH and I take the living room murphy. Maybe I'm not remembering the space right, I thought the bedroom seemed bigger.
I was most recently in BWV 2br and it seemed like the dresser with the TV on it didn't leave much space between it and the bed. The main br in Riviera definitely had a more expansive space there.

I was most recently in BWV 2br and it seemed like the dresser with the TV on it didn't leave much space between it and the bed. The main br in Riviera definitely had a more expansive space there.
CCV one bedroom should never have been set up to only sleep 4. You can seat 6 at the dining table! I feel like they should find a way to get that extra sleeper in the one bedrooms so that families with more than 4 aren't relegated to spending all their points on a two bedroom. WL is my absolute favorite resort, but I don't love BRV as much as CCV, so won't buy either right now.

They can't have some of the studios sleep 5 while others only sleep 4 (at CCV). In my original post, I meant the regular studios, not the alternates, I could see where there *might* be room in the bedroom of an alternate (it's been a while since we had one) but again, can't have some studio's have sleep surfaces for 4 and some 5. I'm wondering if they would have space for a Murphy in the alternate living room area, the frame may take up too much space. Then again, maybe not. Not all the BRV rooms got the Murphy's in the rehab, the 5th floor still has pull out couches, due to the ceilings, I believe.

They can't have some of the studios sleep 5 while others only sleep 4 (at CCV). In my original post, I meant the regular studios, not the alternates, I could see where there *might* be room in the bedroom of an alternate (it's been a while since we had one) but again, can't have some studio's have sleep surfaces for 4 and some 5. I'm wondering if they would have space for a Murphy in the alternate living room area, the frame may take up too much space. Then again, maybe not. Not all the BRV rooms got the Murphy's in the rehab, the 5th floor still has pull out couches, due to the ceilings, I believe.
I'm not talking about the studios, I'm talking about the 1 bedrooms only. There's definitely not room in the studio for a 5th sleeper, but I think it's doable in the 1 bedroom at CCV.

I'm not talking about the studios, I'm talking about the 1 bedrooms only. There's definitely not room in the studio for a 5th sleeper, but I think it's doable in the 1 bedroom at CCV.
Gotcha, I mistakenly thought you meant the alternate studios at CCV. I doubt they would do it in the 1BR either, but you never know! Not sure how that would work with DVC and changing the occupancy limit. Not my area of expertise.

I wonder if they could fit the chair, like at Bay Lake, that makes out to a bed? I don’t think there would be enough room with the sofa pulled out - but maybe if you played room Tetris just right it would fit.

I wonder if they could fit the chair, like at Bay Lake, that makes out to a bed? I don’t think there would be enough room with the sofa pulled out - but maybe if you played room Tetris just right it would fit.
I looked at some pictures that we took when we toured in December and I just can’t tell if something could maybe work in the master. But yes I’d even take the chair sleeper, anything to sleep 5 in there!

New thought on SAP+

How does the p0int chart factor in, or does it matter, since you won’t be staying there all the time anyway?

Does buying at a more expensive point chart (like VGF or Poly) matter if you’re planning on booking AKV or BWV?
I guess you have to use more points to make 11mo reservations then when you swap, you end up with extra points left over? And on the flipside if you book SSR at 11mo then try to swap to VGF/Poly you’ll need extra?

I’ve typed then deleted and retyped this so many times now trying to make it make sense, It feels like Deja Vu. lol

So bottomline is you need to factor ppp (PP / years left + Dues). And just need to have enough points to cover anywhere you’d book.? (at 11 or 7 months)

I think I have over thunk it. lol
Just stick with CCV, & BLT or just buy where you want to stay. ;)

Traditionally a SAP contract is just one where you don’t mind using points anywhere as dues/buy in were low. For VGF/PVB you would probably be looking to extend trip at 7 months rather than overbooking points at 11 months.

I would split the resorts like this for a resale contracts depending on price of course.
Excellent SAP
BLT
SSR
PVB
CCV
VGF
AUL-S

Average SAP
AUL-NS
OKW-2057
AKV

Poor SAP
BWV
BCV
OKW-2042
BRV
VGC
HHI
VBR
VBR-S

N/A
RIV
VDH
CFW

The thing about points chart somewhat mattering (and this just happened to me) is if you have a decent point chart to book something as a placeholder at the 11 month mark and you intend/hope to switch to something with likely more points at 7 months. You are at less risk if you pull in points or it past your banking deadline. Again, if you aren’t banking ing/borrowing or have plenty of points. I realize SAP+ is mostly talking about 7 month booking but something else to consider.

Agree with you on BLT, CCV and Stay where you want as well as Ruttangel’s assesment.

The issue I have with BLT as SAP is that it costs $25-35 more per point than SSR. For me the extra 6 years is not important since I will be 96 in 2034. You might also get SSR for up to $40-50 less per point.

I also found that in our expected travel time I have not needed to book there at 11 months. I was able to reserve a 1-bedroom standard view for our August trip yesterday. I only booked it because I figure give a standard room a try but going forward, I expect we will book lakeview at BLT. Last year I booked a lakeview 1 bedroom at 4 months.

I also found that in our expected travel time I have not needed to book there at 11 months. I was able to reserve a 1-bedroom standard view for our August trip yesterday. I only booked it because I figure give a standard room a try but going forward, I expect we will book lakeview at BLT. Last year I booked a lakeview 1 bedroom at 4 months.
Keep in mind that BLT will be much harder to book at 7 months post-refurb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter