SAP+ ?

I think you will find it frustrating unless you want split stays or want to take the bank/borrow to alternate years for contracts

Definitely will struggle more with small contracts if different UYs.

Walking is not impossible as long as you hafe enough for two night..just have to move daily. Seems like a lot of work though so I wouldn’t take that approcah
So far so good, the only one that could be tough could be a tiny BWV. They are rare enough as is, but if I find one in June that would be perfect… although technically the only one that I currently have is the tiny AKV that is June (VGC doesn’t really matter that it’s June too)

Personally, I would try to do all the same use year just because it seems easier.

Also, if you're doing 9 days instead of 12....splitting between 2 resorts seems more ideal than 3. At least to me.
Yes, will most likely end up doing just 2 resorts.

I think i was aware that both AKV & BWV aren't financially my best options (neither fit into the SAP+ category), but after thinking about it, i just fell in love with both and want to own a piece, so if i keep them small the damage is minimal. lol

So now i just have to figure out how to deal with the speedbumps i've created. ;)

I totally get it. I think most people think BRV isn't a good option because of the 2042 expiration and figure...why not just buy CCV? I think I recall a lot of people giving that advice when I was trying to figure out what to do. And I get that CCV would be a better value. And maybe down the road we would want to have points there. But I liked the way the BRV building was off on it's own a bit. So to me, the best "value" isn't necessarily the most important thing to me. A better financial deal doesn't mean the most to me.

I totally get it. I think most people think BRV isn't a good option because of the 2042 expiration and figure...why not just buy CCV? I think I recall a lot of people giving that advice when I was trying to figure out what to do. And I get that CCV would be a better value. And maybe down the road we would want to have points there. But I liked the way the BRV building was off on it's own a bit. So to me, the best "value" isn't necessarily the most important thing to me. A better financial deal doesn't mean the most to me.
Totally agree with that. I really don't need to go into the main building for anything. Geyser point was the only place i really wanted to eat at repeatedly, so BRV was great for that, i just wish my room wasn't the absolute furthest possible. lol

Everything looks cheap compared to VGC 🤣

Totally agree with that. I really don't need to go into the main building for anything. Geyser point was the only place i really wanted to eat at repeatedly, so BRV was great for that, i just wish my room wasn't the absolute furthest possible. lol

We got breakfast from Roaring Fork every morning. And it was kind of far from our end-of-the-building room. But it wasn't a huge deal because the walk was peaceful and the scenery at the resort is nice. The walk to Craftsman Grill from our far away hotel room last year was probably about the same.

I totally get it. I think most people think BRV isn't a good option because of the 2042 expiration and figure...why not just buy CCV? I think I recall a lot of people giving that advice when I was trying to figure out what to do. And I get that CCV would be a better value. And maybe down the road we would want to have points there. But I liked the way the BRV building was off on its own a bit. So to me, the best "value" isn't necessarily the most important thing to me. A better financial deal doesn't mean the most to me.
totally agree that emotion should play a part, asking for sound buying advice on a forum though is going to give the counter argument that for most of the year you can just book at 7 months so doesn’t matter if you bought CCV
That resort just makes long term financial since

totally agree that emotion should play a part, asking for sound buying advice on a forum though is going to give the counter argument that for most of the year you can just book at 7 months so doesn’t matter if you bought CCV
That resort just makes long term financial since

A studio, for 6-7 nights , in a row, at BRV at 7 months? Just looking at the calendar now...that just doesn't seem to be very likely unless I wanted to go in August/September. I mean, we did get it this past January but I figured we just got lucky.

I just looked and there aren't 6 nights in a row in a studio until January 2025. 1-bedrooms have a lot of availability though. We don't have enough for that at this point. We might eventually have enough for a 1 bedroom for some trips, but not all.

Last edited:
True BRV lover here! 🤗 I had the same thought when we decided to go for BRV.

Am I setting myself up for issues and headaches?

So my new plan of attack is…
WDW
CCV 50-75pts
AKV 25pts
BWV 25pts

Also at DLR (no issues)
VGC 75

What kind of issues am I going to run into booking with 3 different resorts? (possibly all same UY, possibly not, but still will fit my travel window. Oct-Feb)

Things I’m wondering about are:
1. Booking will only let me do a couple days at a time based on whichever contract I’m using?

2. Walking is basically impossible

3. Trying to switch stuff at 7 months (especially if I booking 2 studios)
You're brave! LOL! 🫣 Honestly, I don't see myself doing the walking thing...I...just...can't...

While we have 400 AUL points expiring in 2062, and 150 SSR points expiring in 2054 (our original Blue Card contract), we also have 350 BRV/BCV points that expire in 2042. Why? Because those are the places we want to have our home booking advantage, and that matters almost as much as expiration dates.

Seeking advice:

I currently have 230 points at Aulani (unsubsidized) and plan on going 1-2x/year for 3-4 nights each (typically Feb and/or Oct). I'm targeting 2 bedroom stays for the foreseeable future (at least the next decade or so) since it allows us to invite another small family to join us (intention is to spend quality time together).

I am targeting to have a total of 300-350ish points, which would allow me to go ~3x every 2 years or so, and I've been looking at subsidized Aulani contracts for the past 6ish months. I'm considering SSR for SAP points instead of subsidized Aulani.

Different options in my head:
  • Keep current 230p AUL and add SSR for SAP (will match 7-month SSR to my current 11-month AUL contract)
  • Keep current 230p AUL and keep searching for another 70-120p subsidized AUL
  • Sell current 230p AUL and target 300-350 SSR to primarily be used for AUL
  • Sell current 230p AUL and keep searching for 300-350 subsidized AUL
Thoughts and/or advice? TIA!

(btw I love this community as I've learned so much!)

Seeking advice:

I currently have 230 points at Aulani (unsubsidized) and plan on going 1-2x/year for 3-4 nights each (typically Feb and/or Oct). I'm targeting 2 bedroom stays for the foreseeable future (at least the next decade or so) since it allows us to invite another small family to join us (intention is to spend quality time together).

I am targeting to have a total of 300-350ish points, which would allow me to go ~3x every 2 years or so, and I've been looking at subsidized Aulani contracts for the past 6ish months. I'm considering SSR for SAP points instead of subsidized Aulani.

• Keep current 230p AUL and add SSR for SAP (will match 7-month SSR to my current 11-month AUL contract)

What view category do you need at Aulani? Availability is usually pretty decent at 7 months unless you really need standard view.

What view category do you need at Aulani? Availability is usually pretty decent at 7 months unless you really need standard view.
Likely target Island Garden in the Ewa Tower; have stayed 3x over the past year in Island Garden and Ocean, and honestly don't think there's much of a difference in view (if you're in a high enough floor).

Seeking advice:

Just my opinion: I would keep what you already have because of transaction costs and the fact that’s it’s a buyers market. .

Keep looking for AUL-S, but don’t turn your nose up at making agressive offers on unsubsidized AUL.

I wouldn’t recommend people buy outside of WDW if the points are mainly for WDW & I wouldn’t recommend people buy outside of DLand or Hawaii if that is where they primarily want to use the points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter