SAPPHIRE FALLS thread........

If you rent an offsite ECV and stay at Sapphire Falls, where do you park it at night and charge it? (Staying in a regular 2Q room.)

Just had a very brief, 1 night stay at SF. First time staying here, although had passed through many times, coming from Aventura. Easy checkin about 7:40, nice staff, asked for first available . Got welcome text advising to text if any questions. Around 1:15 pm, I texted to ask if any room yet. Reply was not yet, then about 1 minute later, got text room was ready. Ha. Had to go to desk to get new room keys. basic room in guest tower 1. No view except for a tree, but that was fine. Very comfy beds. And enough space. Shower/ toilet separated from sink . I’ll try and upload pictures. Universal got me again though with the coffee pot situation. Last stays at Aventura, CB, and surfside, Pots used those 1 cup packets. So I assumed SF did too. Surprise, keurig. But aha, I had a couple of pods in the van , I keep a travel bag for coffee with various packs/ pods. But....the in room pot was not working right at all. Top part was flimsy/ rickety and didn’t shut right. Took about a dozen tries to finally get it to spit out coffee. I forgot to include that on the survey, but will let them know pot not working right. Walked to park once, but otherwise used water taxi. Little wait time for it, love having that option. Had quiet room location. Enjoyed the short stay, would’ve liked to try pool, but no time. I might still prefer Aventura for price, but SF a little closer to parks and a bit more spacious. Also must’ve been hosting a Campbell’s (soup) conference . On check out day Monday, saw half/ dozen people holding signs for Campbell’s soup.

Just had a very brief, 1 night stay at SF. First time staying here, although had passed through many times, coming from Aventura. Easy checkin about 7:40, nice staff, asked for first available . Got welcome text advising to text if any questions. Around 1:15 pm, I texted to ask if any room yet. Reply was not yet, then about 1 minute later, got text room was ready. Ha. Had to go to desk to get new room keys. basic room in guest tower 1. No view except for a tree, but that was fine. Very comfy beds. And enough space. Shower/ toilet separated from sink . I’ll try and upload pictures. Universal got me again though with the coffee pot situation. Last stays at Aventura, CB, and surfside, Pots used those 1 cup packets. So I assumed SF did too. Surprise, keurig. But aha, I had a couple of pods in the van , I keep a travel bag for coffee with various packs/ pods. But....the in room pot was not working right at all. Top part was flimsy/ rickety and didn’t shut right. Took about a dozen tries to finally get it to spit out coffee. I forgot to include that on the survey, but will let them know pot not working right. Walked to park once, but otherwise used water taxi. Little wait time for it, love having that option. Had quiet room location. Enjoyed the short stay, would’ve liked to try pool, but no time. I might still prefer Aventura for price, but SF a little closer to parks and a bit more spacious. Also must’ve been hosting a Campbell’s (soup) conference . On check out day Monday, saw half/ dozen people holding signs for Campbell’s soup.

Thanks for this as our first stay starts tomorrow and we will arrive around 9 and asked for early room. Any thoughts on where we can hang out until room ready that might be comfortable. Kid needs to use computer to study and we planned on the pool area but I think rain is going to mess that up. Idk if there is anywhere inside the hotel to sit. We wanted to rest because we have a very early morning flight in and then are doing HHN - gonna be dead tired and look like scare actors ourselves I think - zombies lol

Thanks for this as our first stay starts tomorrow and we will arrive around 9 and asked for early room. Any thoughts on where we can hang out until room ready that might be comfortable. Kid needs to use computer to study and we planned on the pool area but I think rain is going to mess that up. Idk if there is anywhere inside the hotel to sit. We wanted to rest because we have a very early morning flight in and then are doing HHN - gonna be dead tired and look like scare actors ourselves I think - zombies lol

The lobby is huge and has several seating areas around the whole area, some are quieter than others.

There are also quieter areas through towards the convention area that has seating and smaller tables, no one would bother you sitting there.

The lobby is huge and has several seating areas around the whole area, some are quieter than others.

There are also quieter areas through towards the convention area that has seating and smaller tables, no one would bother you sitting there.

Thanks. This was exactly what I was hoping for.

Thought I'd add just a few pictures of our Room. Room # 1335, Tower 1
End of the hall. Easy to access tower 1 through the lobby. We'd asked for first available. Once room number assigned, did have to go back to the front desk to get new keys. we'd gotten keys earlier in the day for early entry. VERY comfy beds.
IMG_4667.JPG
IMG_4666.JPG
Really loved that sink was in separate area from the shower/toilet

IMG_4668.JPG
IMG_4669.JPG

View from the window....not the best, but we were fine with that. We'd asked for first available, and only staying 1 night. It was a quiet room for sure.

IMG_4672.JPG
IMG_4670.JPG
IMG_4675.JPG
IMG_4676.JPG
IMG_4677.JPG
Keurig style coffee pot, which was great! except that I'd left most of the pods at the other hotel. I found 2 of mine in the van, thank goodness. I pack an assortment of coffee fixings for stops on the road, never know what kind of pot is in the room, so I have several styles/sizes.
IMG_4674.JPG

really enjoyed the resort. I wish we'd gotten a chance to try Amatista, and the pool. Pool looked so very nice. Water taxi was great, although our first morning, line was long, so we walked. I'd likely choose Aventura if there was a big price difference,(not too much farther, and can still use boats, but rooms are smaller,) but SF was very, very nice, and would like to stay here again when not doing premier

Thought I'd add just a few pictures of our Room. Room # 1335, Tower 1
End of the hall. Easy to access tower 1 through the lobby. We'd asked for first available. Once room number assigned, did have to go back to the front desk to get new keys. we'd gotten keys earlier in the day for early entry. VERY comfy beds.
View attachment 712806
View attachment 712807
Really loved that sink was in separate area from the shower/toilet

View attachment 712808
View attachment 712809

View from the window....not the best, but we were fine with that. We'd asked for first available, and only staying 1 night. It was a quiet room for sure.

View attachment 712810
View attachment 712811
View attachment 712812
View attachment 712813
View attachment 712814
Keurig style coffee pot, which was great! except that I'd left most of the pods at the other hotel. I found 2 of mine in the van, thank goodness. I pack an assortment of coffee fixings for stops on the road, never know what kind of pot is in the room, so I have several styles/sizes.
View attachment 712819

really enjoyed the resort. I wish we'd gotten a chance to try Amatista, and the pool. Pool looked so very nice. Water taxi was great, although our first morning, line was long, so we walked. I'd likely choose Aventura if there was a big price difference,(not too much farther, and can still use boats, but rooms are smaller,) but SF was very, very nice, and would like to stay here again when not doing premier

Thanks for posting the pictures of your room!

Yes, that separate sink makes a difference. Glad you enjoyed your stay at Sapphire :)

the previous poster triggered me that I forgot to post pics of our room. We were room 3506 which was a water view. We were almost directly behind the boat dock so I could see what the line looked like from the room. It was such a great area to be in. Heard not a thing outside the room the whole stay. Pool was wonderful and liked being able to order food from our chairs. Did not really like the quick service place across from the gift shop. Too slow and not great selections. We did get a mug and found the pool refill stations worked best. Oddly we were locked out of the pool area after checkout time which was disappointing. We prob could have gotten cards at the desk to be allowed in. Only thing different about our room was we had a tub. Only thing I disliked was the drawers being behind a cupboard door. I found that to be very very annoying to have to have the door open and blocking the foot of the beds just to get even a little way into the drawer. It seemed overkill to have the door covering the drawers. D7A73D6B-A170-43EE-9D15-01658F8BDE54.jpeg

Just booked here from March 31st to April 5th. It's our first time staying on universal property.
I'm kinda nervous about completely skipping disney.

Don`t be nervous, Universal is amazing and you`ve chosen a lovely hotel to stay in.

Sapphire Falls is stunning, they have some lovely food options, especially Strong Water Tavern which is the best place on the whole property for food, drinks and service.

I hope you have a wonderful stay and enjoy the parks too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter