Saved $ on Cabin w/AP rate

shelanaoaktree

Mouseketeer
I called today and saved $282 with the AP rate, I couldn't get it for my whole trip, but every bit counts!!! Good luck guys!!

Is that for more than 1 night? I got $144.00 w/out tax per night.
I was very excited!

Actually, you are right, I figured it out that my $282 in savings came out to be the $144 a night. I will be there 7/1-711. The savings pays for the Hoop Dee Doo!!!

Are those the Greatest Rates Ever??? I was so excited just to
get the code rate, but the AP rates were even better! I got them
for $160(including taxes) a nite for my whole trip...6/16-6/28!
How are the cabins? Do you feel removed from Disney? I notice
nobody talks about them in the boards! I have 5 in my family
so I didn't see any better deals than the cabins...especially
with the rates! Do you know any loops that are better than others? I'm a first timer to the cabins and would kind of like to be close to the pool (let the kids go play, while dad and i enjoy a
drink on the deck) and possibly be close to the eating places
as well! any Ideas?

Jill :Pinkbounc

I wish I could answer your questions, but I can't. Last year was my 1st trip to WDW, I went w/o children and stayed at the CBR. I am bringing 4 kids with me.

I'm hoping the cabins will be big enough!!! Everyone seems very happy with the cabins though, so hopefully I will be too.

Maybe some nice people will read our posts and fill us in. I also checked out the Jeff Spencer? page--link from mousesaver.com for info on the cabins.

I'm pretty sure the CBR holds 4 people, I'm sure you could find out more on the Resort Board. Also, I'm not sure if you'd be able to stay at the CBR with all of the relocations because of POR.

I really liked the CBR, you could always call; it doesn't hurt to ask.

What if you did All Stars and got 2 rooms, I believe the AP rate is $59? I wanted to split the stay but decided with 4 kids, it wasn't worth the effort to pack and unpack :rolleyes:

I think you'll love the cabins. The quiet pool (and laundry) are at the beginning of the 2500 loop. You could request that loop. I've stayed in the 2100 loop and been very happy there. You will have to take the busses to get to Pioneer Hall, the petting zoo, etc. Be sure to check out the campfire program--free movies with Chip and Dale and marshmellow roasting, too!

We don't feel removed from Disney at all at FW!! In fact - just the opposite! There is so much Disney feeling all around you! The Trading Posts are filled with Disney merchandise, the Campfire Program has Chip & Dale, as well as a Disney movie, the restaurant, dinner show, petting farm, blacksmith shop, play areas, marina, etc, etc, all make you remember you're in the middle of the World! And, don't forget, in the evenings you can go down to the beach to watch the Electrical Water Pageant, and the fireworks from MK! :)

That's great that you got such a good rate! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!

Thanks so much for the encouragement and the tips!
I'm always so worried that I'm not going to pick the right place.
We don't go very often, so I'm trying to make it perfect!
I think we'll have a blast...Can't wait! I didn't know you could see the fireworks from the beach!!! That ought to be cool!
Can you see the castle from there as well? Is that rate
for the cabins really good? Have you ever seen lower?

Jill :Pinkbounc

Thank you so much for the information. I feel very good about my decision to stay at the FW Cabins. I wanted something that was nice, but not too fancy.

I want to be able to relax and let the kids have a good time without saying every 2 secons "Don't Touch That", LOL.

Oh, my, I can remember our first trip to FW! We needed room for 5 or 6 (sister's husband bailed at the last minute as we thought he would so really room for 5) and we picked FW. I was so nervous when we planned and when were driving up--I so wanted our first trip on-site to be great! It was!!!!! The cabins (homes back then) are super and the atmosphere is pure Disney!!

Enjoy the anticipation!!!

Suggestions--take a ball for the kiddies. Our's loved being told to go out and play in the street! Take a couple of flashlights, stuff for smores, and rent a golf cart for even just a day if you can. That way you can really enjoy all FW has to offer!!

Yes, you can see the castle from the beach at FW--probably farther down from the marina, though. I have a wonderful photo taken from the far end of the beach at sunset that shows the castle and Space Mountain!

Thanks for the info about the views of the castle...
That should be cool! Have any of you cabin dwellers ever
taken the boat in the morning to go have breakfast at the
Wilderness lodge or the Contemporary? Isn't that where the
boats from the marina go?(in addition to MK) I thought that
might be kind of fun a morning or two...We're from Colorado
so I think we'll appreciate the woods and the camping feel
at Wilderness! I get so excited when I hear all of these tips
and facts from you guys!

Jill:Pinkbounc

I have stayed in the cabins and in an RV at Fort Wilderness. I have never heard of the AP rates. Could someone explain? I have a sister-in-law that would probably book in Fort Wilderness if she could get a rate like that. :confused: :D :D :confused:

Originally posted by CamDon
I have stayed in the cabins and in an RV at Fort Wilderness. I have never heard of the AP rates. Could someone explain? I have a sister-in-law that would probably book in Fort Wilderness if she could get a rate like that. :confused: :D :D :confused:

The AP rates are rates that are sometimes available for Annual Passholders. It can often be worth one person in the party getting an AP for the good rate. You can call to get the rate and they buy the AP and I've even heard you can get a child's AP for the rate.

Check mousesavers.com for more info about codes and rates.

Thank you all for making me feel so much more comfortable with my decision!!!

I can't wait, each day I get more and more excited. Our 1st night there we will be taking it easy for the most part, doing the Hoop Dee Doo that night. Then the next day off to the parks we go!!!!

Thanks again

You will never regret your decision to stay at FW.We have stayed there twice and it is our favorite resort.We would take it easy the day we arrived and did HDDR the first night.It really put you in the mood.We are squeezing in another trip this August.We are trying to cut down the expenses.So we will be at CB.Last night DH started asking the prices etc of FW.He really wants to stay there.So if there are good AP rates for August maybe we will bite the bullet and stay there again.We love all the space for our family of 4.The more I think about it the more home sick I get for it:p
Enjoy your stay at FW!!!!
Heidi

I hope that we feel that same way! I figure either way we can't lose, it WDW after all!!!

I just wanted a place that the kids could "go wild" if they wanted to, and we could relax all at the same time. I've very glad I found these boards to ease my worries and help get me even more excited!!!!!

I will be sure to post our experience when we come back so that I can hopefully help others as much as I've been helped here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter