SB-5x7 album for autographs...pen?

Lesley

DIS Veteran
Okay, so I'm planning to bring a CM 5x7 album for each of my kids as an autograph book (to be turned into memory books also!) Now what do I do about a fat pen? I want to use something that is sb safe...permanent, waterproof, fade-resistant.....but all the pens like this I have are not fat! Any ideas to fatten one up, or ideas on a good fat sb pen? One that I could get someplace easy like WalMart or Ames (not sure if I'll get to Michael's or AC Moore before the trip)

Any other ideas for these would be great too. I'm going to have my 6yo make his as a photo journal of his trip (I may give him film to take a photo or two per day) and I'll probably make one for my 22mo since she love scrapbooks so much and will have her own autographs/photos anyway (or should I go ahead and skip her?...the cost of the albums isn't an issue since I'm a CMC...but perhaps we really don't need to carry two of them!)

I'm also thinking of taking pieces of photo mounting paper to have the characters sign for my scrapbook...might be fun!

Thanks!

I did that exact thing, Lesley. I used a Zig writer pen with a .5 mm tip on one end and a 1.2 mm tip on the other. To make it easier to hold, I got some of those soft pencil grips that you can get at an office supply store and put them on there. It was a bit of working getting them on, but they worked great. The characters didn't have any trouble with them at all. :)

1529.gif

OOh, I have those Zig pens! I'll be at Staples this week so I'll have to look for grippers!

Thanks!

Lesley,

One idea for your books would be to take them apart and only carry the pages. This way you would only have to take a few to the parks with you each day and not the entire albums.

Stop at the post office or an office supply place and pick up one of those padded envelopes to keep them safe in your back pack.

You might also want to include some card stock or some of that in you face Disney paper you may have picked up and later wondered what you were thinking. It makes great autograph paper if your're using a fat marker.

Enjoy your trip,
Chessie

PS. My 23 month old Grandson loves his scrapbook.

Update!

No grippers at Staples, but I've come up with another idea....I'm going to build up one of those Zig pens with Sculpey clay...I have some leftover from last Christmas and I can make it red with white mouse ears on it...and it will be nice and fat! Now I've gotta find those pens..lol...I know I had a set of 5 of them!

Haven't decided what to do as far as the album(s) either.....not even what color.... black? blue? green? pink for my dd? Yikes I wish I had black pages in stock! I have some Gelly Roll pens that would look great for autographs....Maybe its time to place an order.....

I'm really afraid to carry just pages....I think I'd end up getting them all beat up!

I'd have to vote for black or blue. They just seem more Mickey-like and would go good with bright Disney colors.

Last year we took a 4x6-ish spiral bound af/lf mini album with us and had the characters sign in that (using a Zig Writer with the "fat" tip) We had them sign one signature per sheet. I then took the book apart and trimmed the signatures and used those for my titles. They turned out really nice! The only character that didn't use the Zig Pen was Mickey. He used his own Sharpie. :-( I sprayed it with some deacidifier but I was still bummed. I mounted it on af/lf buffered paper so hopefully it will be ok. (paranoid aren't I?) LOL!!

It really worked well because it wasn't bulky, it opened easily. We could flip it to where we wanted so that they signed in the right places. and we had a place to tie the pen on to it so we didn't loose it. We did end up loosing one of the caps (the skinny end) but by the next morning it was dried and we just put a piece of tape over it. So if you take a double ended pen, you may want to tape on the cap you aren't using so you don't loose it.

Have fun on your trip!

:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter