SB:Adhesive ??

...but i'm a newbie so hopefully you will forgive me!

everyone seems to like the glue that is repositionable. but is it repositionable forever? or only for a few minutes?

i want to build a memory album that will last until the day i die. i don't want things to be falling out of it in a couple years. so should i use permanent glue?

thanks!

lisa

PS. what are the best PENS or MARKERS to write with on your album pages?!

excellent question. I with I knew! I will say I use to love hermifix dots, repositional but I found after time it didn't hold well and then when they merged with another company it didn't stick unless it was very light weight paper.
I have used my little zyron x with repositional and havent' had a problem. My books are maybe 4 years old. I don't think I can move it. I know some of the glue sticks are only repositional for a short time and then become perm.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the 3L EZ-Runner. This is by far my favorite adhesive, but since it can get a bit expensive, I use a combination of Ez Runner and the 3L mounting squares. For a liquid glue to use on heavier stuff, I love the Gloo by KI Memories and I would be lost without my glue dot collection... I love them all (though the new vellum ones aren't as sticky as I would like).

pintradingwedding: For writing on pages, I always recommend the Zig markers by EK Success... they are available in several colors and have 2 different size tips on them.

beglluvr said:
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the 3L EZ-Runner. This is by far my favorite adhesive, but since it can get a bit expensive, I use a combination of Ez Runner and the 3L mounting squares. For a liquid glue to use on heavier stuff, I love the Gloo by KI Memories and I would be lost without my glue dot collection... I love them all (though the new vellum ones aren't as sticky as I would like).
I too LOVE the 3L EZ Runner! The regular is so easy to use and I couldn't work without the one for Vellum. JoAnne Fabrics just had a 50% off coupon so I got 4 of them :woohoo:

I've used the CM tape runner forever and I do like it, but I have the same problem as some have said, it bunches up on the tip quite often. I liked the old photo splits, haven't tried the new ones CM came out with yet, but it is an extra step to remove the backing on each one. I like the CM photo tape for items that are large/heavy and stuff you really want to never remove, it's like super glue!

I am new to scrapping, and have been using the 3L EZ runner, and find it very easy to use. I hope I"m using enough. I put maybe half inch on each corner of the pictures. Is that enough? It seems to hold fine, but wondering if down the line, things will loosen up. Thanks

Wow... this thread is an oldie that just won't die! It started in 2000! And has been added to almost every year since.

FWIW, I go between the CM tape runner and the Herma Dotto. I prefer the CM, but I like the convenience of buying my adhesive at the store. I don't attend any CM parties or crops, so I have to call a CM rep when I want to order adhesive. .......................P

Wow... this thread is an oldie that just won't die! It started in 2000! And has been added to almost every year since.

FWIW, I go between the CM tape runner and the Herma Dotto. I prefer the CM, but I like the convenience of buying my adhesive at the store. I don't attend any CM parties or crops, so I have to call a CM rep when I want to order adhesive. .......................P

wow! it has been resurrected again! lol..i can't believe it is SEVEN years since i posted this! :thumbsup2

I think I've gone through every tape runner out there and I really like the 3L EZ runner, I use a combo of different adhesives depending on my need including glue dots, UHU twist and glue, and I love my xyron for die cuts letters.

I only use Duck Adhesive and love it! I never use anything else...it works great and is cheaper then most adhesive runners! LOL

wow! it has been resurrected again! lol..i can't believe it is SEVEN years since i posted this! :thumbsup2

OMG Grover! I can't believe you're still around! I remember you from years ago :) I just today peeked into this forum to see what this scrapbooking stuff is all about. So far... I'm deeply confused, but I'm off to read more newbie threads! Good to see a familiar name btw :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter