SB - black and white photos

d4disney

Earning My Ears
Help! I need to make some baby and childhood scrapbooks with photos from the 50s, 60s, and 70s. Many of these photos are black and white, but I don't necessarily want the "heritage" look. Any suggestions? Thanx:rolleyes:

PSX has some rubber stamps and stickers with a 50's theme. Here's the link.

Go to Winter 2001 Stamps and then it will load an Acrobat Doc, the stuff I'm talking about is on page 15. It's a cool look.

psx.com

I've done many layouts with black and white photos without the heritage look. I basically treat them the same as a color photos. I use colored paper (blues, reds, greens, purples, etc.), I cut them into circles, I corner round, I matt and/or double matt, etc.

The only word of caution is not to use a photo labeling pencil on the front of the photo. B&Ws are matte finish and the labeling pencil will NOT rub off. I made this mistake when I was doing a layout of my puppy's first bath. I wanted to cut the pictures into water drops and didn't have a template for it so instead I drew them freehand. I was more than a little surprised when I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and I was left with a light blue line!! Fortunately, I cut really close to the line and matted each picture in a matching blue color. In the end it turned out really cute!

Lisa

I personally would use lots of soft colors ... you don't want to overpower the pictures !

Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter