Scared about College

flipturngirl

DIS Veteran
This is stupid I know. But I am going to be a Junior in High School and I am already scared about college. The past couple of days I have been really upset. I do not want to leave. is this normal for peoplE?

Don't worry about college yet! Just make the most out of your schooling now and through HS. By that I mean study hard AND have fun! Take one day at a time and use your energies dealing with that day. Remember that worrying about something that is a couple of years ahead of you will do NOTHING to help, and quite possibly make your life miserable until then. By the time college comes around, you may ready to "get out of the house". As far as "is it normal"?...anticipating any kind of change can be nerve-racking, just try to focus on the now and what you can do to make sure you are ready for college.

Are there any colleges near home? YOu could try to go there, and if you want, transfer after a year or two.

You might consider a year off between high school and college. With college tuition costs so high these days, a year earning money makes sense.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Just enjoy high school for now. High school goes too fast as it is; don't give it a reason to go faster :)
But I can totally understand being scared. I'm leaving for my first year of college in 2 days. I'm wicked scared, and sad, and nervous, and excited, and any other possible emotion. Everyone tells me it's normal. You're right to begin thinking about college, but don't start worrying about it quite yet. Take the time to enjoy high school and get good grades for now.

Yes it is normal to be scared and nervous. I know I was really scared. If you're scared about the social aspect (friends, etc.), don't make too much of it because the other freshman that are away from home won't know anyone else either. You'll spend time getting to know other freshman from all over the country. If you're afraid about the workload, it can be a little intimidating. You just have to remain focused. When you decide on where you're going to go to college, learn as much as you can about the campus, the town it's in, and the class requirements. You'll feel much better, the more you know.

RELAX AND ENJOY HS.

Don't be scared, you've got 2 years of school left and you'll probably change a lot in that time. I know I did. You'll feel a lot happier to be getting away when the time comes, I'm sure. Just enjoy high school (and Disney!) and worry about college when the time comes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter