+++Scavenger Hunt Sent/Received+++.....COMPLETED!!!

Meriweather

Being a Nana is my superpower
Finally.....all names are out. The DIS was in slow motion mode this morning :rolleyes:

Post here when you mail out and then again when you receive your package and tell us what you got!! Always so fun to see what everyone finds.

If you are having problems with an item....mention it here and people can answer for ideas of where to look or where they found their item.

mail by date is Feb. 4.....please get them out on time.

We have 19 people playing :yay:

have fun!! Can't wait to hear!!

The list for those that are watching these...hope you all join in next time!!

The list: :woohoo:

1) red item
2) star shaped item
3) item with polka dots on it
4) pirate related item
5) chocolate treat
6) something that says your town or state on it
7) metal item
8) something for winter or wintery item
9) something soft
10) item for the hands
11) bookmark
12) something that says the name of a Disney park or resort on it
13) book from your favorite author (this can be the exception to the "new" rule. It can be a used book in good condition)
14) international item....FROM that place, not made it that place. (think Pier One, Cost Plus...or from your travels)
15) something that starts with the letter "C"

:rotfl: That is right....already had one person pull out :rolleyes:

It can be done.....be creative. ;)

Wow, what a list. Hopefully I can get out and start my hunt, I got a new car last week and don't want to take it out in the snow, the roads are good so maybe this afternoon I'll go out and start. That's right I'm a snow sissy.

What kind of car did you get, Jean?

I am a snow sissy too......one reason I am glad to be where there is no snow now ::yes::

Wow, what a list. Hopefully I can get out and start my hunt, I got a new car last week and don't want to take it out in the snow, the roads are good so maybe this afternoon I'll go out and start. That's right I'm a snow sissy.

Snow sissy - funny! :rotfl:

What kind of car did you get, Jean?

I am a snow sissy too......one reason I am glad to be where there is no snow now ::yes::

My middle son's car died, so we decided to get a new car for us and let him drive my old car. My DH and I love the ford mustangs, so we picked up a 2008 Ford Mustang Convertible. Beautiful car. I hear they don't do well in the snow at all.

LOL...sounds like it wouldn't.
We had an older Mustang for DD for awhile and she almost went in a ditch with it.

Just went out to do a look around for possible items. (I know I have a few of them at home...)

Now a question: can the international item be a food item? I don't have a Pier One close by, but I know my local supermarket carries candy, cookies etc. that are from other countries.

Just went out to do a look around for possible items. (I know I have a few of them at home...)

Now a question: can the international item be a food item? I don't have a Pier One close by, but I know my local supermarket carries candy, cookies etc. that are from other countries.

Ooh, I hope so! I love trying new foods.. maybe I'll pick up some international foods to send along too! I do live right next to Mexico.. maybe I can go down close to the border and try to find something super fun.

I didn't even think about the international item being food! I'll check out grocery stores too. I have probably 3/4 of the things at home, some from other exchanges and stuff. Its so much fun searching for these things! :) Good list Meriweather!

OMG-- I think that some of this list is so hard. I don't even know where to begin.....and I was just told today that instead of working my usual 20 hour work week next week, I am needed full time (so not a lot of time to shop except this weekend). :scared1:

OMG-- I think that some of this list is so hard. I don't even know where to begin.....and I was just told today that instead of working my usual 20 hour work week next week, I am needed full time (so not a lot of time to shop except this weekend). :scared1:

I personally don't read books, so I got mine from the thrift store! I think that if you think outside of the box, it shouldn't get too hard.. You can do it!

I personally don't read books, so I got mine from the thrift store! I think that if you think outside of the box, it shouldn't get too hard.. You can do it!

Oh, I am sure that I can do it. I just got home from work and and very overwhelmed with that at the moment. I will go on my search either tonight or in the morning and I am sure that I will find items. I actually just started to write down some ideas, just have to find the items now. Thanks for the encouragement. :goodvibes

Well, I just talked my husband into taking me out to dinner tonight and going on a "Scavenger Hunt" to find my items. This should be very interesting. I will post back to let you all know how I did.

Sure can ::yes::

And yes, they should all be fairly easy to find once you get looking.

PLEASE>>>>PLEASE>>> for future exchanges (any of them), if you don't think you can do it because of finding the items or time restraints, don't sign up.
It is very hard on hosts when people pull out after names go out !!! (Just had one do that).
Means catching people before mailing and rearranging names around :(

Just went out and found all but one item. I will have to go out again looking tomorrow. This is actually pretty fun. I think I was just very overwhelmed with work today and then seeing the list, I panicked. All is good now. My package will be out in the mail on Monday. I will post once it is actually mailed.

Nancy, 2 people dropped out??? That is too bad.

::yes:: One before names, which is a lot easier.
And one this afternoon after looking at the list :rolleyes:

I sent a PM to her sender, hopefully she will pick it up before she mails and send to the other person.

Glad you had fun and it went well. ::yes::

Did a shopping spree earlier for this exchange.. how fun! I still need a few more items, but I have almost all of them down! Very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter