Sci Fi becoming harder to move?

princesslover

DIS Veteran
Just curious. I made my reservations at 180 days, and we are at around the 90ish day mark now. About a month ago, I moved our DHS day to a different day and have been stalking the reservations and/or touring plans dining alerts to get an ADR for Sci-Fi. After some trying, I was able to get a 4:25, but nothing else has come up. Right now nothing from 3:30-8:30. In the meantime, I was able to book CRT(!) breakfast, and a Yak and Yeti. Heck, I can even move the CRT right now and still have options. I know Scii-Fi is a popular restaurant but in the past it has not been THAT popular. Just curious if others have have noticed an increased difficulty with this ADR.

For our August trip I switched around part of our schedule while we were still pretty far out. I wasn’t able to move Sci Fi so we had to modify the plan. I switched around quite a few other reservations, but that one was tough.

For our August trip I switched around part of our schedule while we were still pretty far out. I wasn’t able to move Sci Fi so we had to modify the plan. I switched around quite a few other reservations, but that one was tough.

Thanks. That is what I was afraid of. Weird though, that I could book CRT spur of the moment 90 days out and have options. That never used to be possible. I guess BOG has made CRT easier.

Ditto. Been trying to move one and can't. DS favorite place so I can't cancel.

But I really opened the thread because I thought it was about moving the restaurant ...... and I'm thinking don't mess with this place.

Ditto. Been trying to move one and can't. DS favorite place so I can't cancel.

But I really opened the thread because I thought it was about moving the restaurant ...... and I'm thinking don't mess with this place.

Yikes, sorry about that! Bad thread title.

I am also trying to move a Sci Fi reservation from 6:20 to something earlier because of Fantasmic... no luck so far. I'm on two notification websites and I haven't seen anything come through yet.

I was finally able to move a 3:45 lunch to a 1:05, but I had the touring plans reservation finder set for probably 2 months until it happened (any notifications at all, not missing it). This is our first time so no other experiences with it, but I had almost lost hope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter