Sci-fi movie clips scarey for kids?

McKelly

DIS Veteran
My DH wants to go to Sci-Fi but I am afraid my DD5 and DS3 might be afraid of the movie clips. They are afraid of monster-type things. Has anyone taken young children there and had a problem with this? Or do you think the hustle and bustle of the restaurant would detract from them being scared? Thanks for any tips!!

We took DD5 and she wasn't afraid. It never came up. To us they were more the cheesy/funny 1950's type clips like "Attack of the 50 foot Woman." By the way- we loved it and are going back on our upcoming trip.

DS5 and DS3 loved the restaurant. It's one restaurant they want to go back.

Thanks for the tips! My DS just saw it on the Food Network and wants to there and eat in a car!! As if he doesn't do that enough already!!! LOL!!

I don't think it's a problem at all. The sound level is not very high and the clips are kind of funny. I think a few are cartoons. The place is also large and has lights on so kind of takes the edge off anyway.

I would not say "scary" but my son (when he was 6) found them uncomfortable as the meal wore on. We explained that they were just silly, pretend movies but all the screaming women being carried off by monsters got to him and I took him out a few minutes earlier than the rest of the family. But trueyly they are just campy, not scary, my DS at that age was very sensative to dark attractions.

Given what kids are used to seeing today, my guess is, like the adults in the restaurant, they'll find those clips silly and humorous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter