Scooter insurance?

lsg1

Mouseketeer
I always rented a scooter in the past from Apple scooter (last time I rented was in 2015) and never had a problem and their rental included insurance.

I will be renting a scooter in November and from reading this forum, it looks like Apple's reputation has gone down, and I'm thinking of going with Walker. I see that insurance is separate. Does anyone get the additional insurance.when renting with Walker?

Thanks

I've rented from Walker twice, and I haven't gotten the insurance either time. Somehow I thought maybe my home owners or credit card covered me if anything happened. But fortunately nothing's happened so I've been OK.

I always get the extra insurance from Walker Mobility. I was pushed by a group of young people into a flowerbed at AK. Scooter was damaged and I had to call for a new one. The insurance covered all damage to drive belt and broke plastic. I would not be without it.

That's a personal comfort level kind of thing; I own my scooter, but on our last trip I saw an older man repeatedly driving his scooter into a group of other rental scooters trying to "bulldoze" them out of his way, so... yeah.

I used to work for a very well-known rental car agency, and so I never take the insurance on anything that is covered by my personal home or auto policy but if it makes you more comfortable to know you don't have to worry if something happens, then I vote that you pay the extra, for the peace of mind if nothing else.

Your vacation should be a time when you worry as little as possible, and have the best time - if that insurance helps you do that, then by all means, go for it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter