Scottish Wedding & Christmas Disneymoon: Photos added

No way!!! Did they tell you why your room was unavailable? I am booked through Going Places with Tradewinds and I am struggling to get moved. We are going when the construction is on and I know people are being moved because of that. Tradewinds is adamant that there is no construction going on in the hotel.

You are so lucky that you have been moved to The GF, you must be ecstatic:banana:

Oh and I have lost another 4 pound since Mon, the Atkins is working for me:)

I've just posted a message on your PJ - well done on your weight loss chick - that is brillant - you must be so chuffed. :goodvibes :banana:

I mentioned the construction to Going Places a month or so ago and never heard anything, then they got in touch with us yesterday. They just said that due to construction work our room wasn't available in December. Maybe they are planning a break in construction during August xx

Summer- if you really want to know I would call another going places and as them to check availiabilty for the same time you are going to see what they say, that way you can go back to where you book it and tell them

I have just checked with virgin and they are saying no rooms but that might be because they have sold out. The only other way would be to call disney travel company and ask them if there is construction etc

I have contacted Disney several times and they have said there is construction, on the resorts board there are loads of threads on it, and apparently they are moving everyone that is booked right up until Sept 1st, I'm really annoyed, I can't get anywhere with them:sad2:

I would call tradewinds direct, you might not get anywhere with them either as they are all the same company but its worth a try. I know if I was yout TA I would do my utmost to get it sorted after all its your wedding!

I was a great travel agent!!! Always helping, it was my downfall in that business!

The probelm with calling Tradewinds is it takes about an hour to get thorough to them. The last time i called them they said that I had to talk to my TA as they can't change anything. I'm getting really fed up now, Disney told me on Sun they would easily change me at no extra cost, but because my TA booked me, they have to do it and Tradewinds just aren't budging. :sad2:

If it was me I would go into your ta and say you have contacted disney and they are moving everyone and that you want to be moved due to the construction at no extra cost, if they turn round and say no I would contact citizens advice as they have to move you if its going to effect your holiday. Buidling a whole new hotel practically is going to effect your holiday. I would tell them you are seeking legal advice! being a law student and all! You want it taken further and something sorted. I know its a bit drastic but you dont want to get out there and have a bad time not on your wedding

Summer - what is your Going Palces TA saying? Are they trying to contact Tradewinds in your behalf? xx

Yeah, they are contacting Tradewinds but Tradewinds are saying I won't be affected as there is no construction in the lodge. They obviously don't know what they are talking about, it's all over the internet and one call to Disney would confirm that!

awesome! We are going on our disneymoon in December too, staying at the Wilderness Lodge! We are going the 10-17th. I cant wait!

I'm going to be there 9-16th! We're staying near you at the Contemporary

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys. Sending lots of pixie dust to those who are having problems due to the AKL construction pixiedust:

Ring-a-ding and Kilt Time

We're off to look at wedding rings tomorrow, I think I'm sorted - I want a plain band. We're not sure what to buy DF, as he is a bricklayer we need to decide whether he should wear his ring to work or not and if yes, what is the most hard wearing metal!!

We're also going to order the kilts tomorrow :banana: This is the kilt that DF and his two brothers (who are his best men) will be wearing...

kilt.jpg

My bridesmaid is wearing ice blue. I'll have to snap a photo of her in the dress the next time she tries it on as I cannot find any snaps of it online.

I've just ordered or TSA security straps for our cases as we have hard cases with normal locks. Another thing to tick off the list - yippee.

Still can't find wedding stationery I like... I'm way to fussy about it as I used to make cards but I should get my finger out about that. xx

congrats on your wedding & disneymoon!!

Your dress is beautiful!!

Im glad you got your tile at epcot!! thats neat & a great surprise for DF!!

Cant wait to see more

Oh....ill be in WDW in dec celebrating our 10yr!!

congrats on your wedding & disneymoon!!

Your dress is beautiful!!

Im glad you got your tile at epcot!! thats neat & a great surprise for DF!!

Cant wait to see more

Oh....ill be in WDW in dec celebrating our 10yr!!

Thank you!! And congratulations on your 10th anniversary. You will have a wonderful time :love:

Ok well I took the plunge and ordered the stationery...

thankyouinvite.jpg
invite.jpg

I hope everyone likes them. They are the first invites I though yes!! I like those then I talked myself in and out of them!! :rolleyes1

We also got our rings on Saturday, I thought we'd just be ordering them but they had them in our sizes so we got them then and there :yay:...

rings.jpg

We got a platinum 2.5mm court wedding band for me and platinum 6mm wedding band for DF. I'm so pleased that they match as I though DF would say no way to such an expensive ring for himself but once we got into the shop he was all oh yes I really like this one :lmao: :cloud9:

While we were shopping a few more thing just kinda fell into my bag lol

A couple of wedding guests...

MickeyMinnie.jpg

A keepsake for us...

globe.jpg

Both are from the Disney Store and have 2007 written on the boxes which I thought was a nice touch.

Also I took a few better (or I hope so!! lol) photos of our cake slide and knife and favours...

Mickey.jpg
favours.jpg

Thanks for looking!! I still haven't heard from the Disney Photography people since I emailed my booking form - it's been over 2 weeks so I'm adding that to my to-do list xx :cloud9:

Everything looks teriffic, I love, love, love the invites, they are so pretty! How weird that you went out and got your rings last weekend too, so did we, and we bought similar looking rings:)
Your venue for the ceremony and reception looks beautiful:love:

Thanks girls,

We have booked a classical guitarist to play at the ceremony. He called last night to ask us if we had any songs in mind, which we dont :confused3 Any ideas? What are you having/had?

Kxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter