SD Zoo vs. SD Animal Park

Grendel

Where ever you go, there you are.
Is doing both of these overkill?? Or are the unique experiences?

I just want a feel if we do this back to back are going to enjoy the whole feel or will we think that one of these parks would have been enough?

We have been to both, and while I liked the WAP we love the zoo. The WAP was a problem for us because my dd was 4 and from the train that goes around to show the animals, she had trouble seeing them. The zoo is better for smaller kids. But if you really like animals go to both.

well my girls are 10 and 16...so walking and seeing shouldnt be too much of a problem...

are the parks drastically different in terms of the animals you get to see?

We were just there last week and actually enjoyed the WAP better. The zoo was nice but the WAP was cool. We did the train ride and then walked around. We actually felt we could see a lot more animals there and a lot closer than at the zoo. We did the zoo one day and then the WAP the next. If you could wait a day in between that might be better. Have a great time!!

is the WAP an all day thing? or for that matter is the zoo?

is the WAP an all day thing? or for that matter is the zoo?

We went to both the zoo and WAP from about 10:30 ish until around 4. You could do all day and I would suggest at least 3-4 hrs to see a lot and get your $'s worth!! We did a San Diego pass that included the zoo, Sea World and the WAP. It is unlimited visits to those parks for up to 5 days. We were there only 3 days..but it ended up being cheaper that way. HTH

great...were only gonig to be there 3 days as well...but i think we might pass on seaworld to take in some of san diegos other charms...

thanks again..

Went to both (Zoo in 05 and WAP in 06) Enjoyed the Zoo more because of the Koala Bears and Pandas.
WAP can get very hot and we have a similar safari type park near us.
Will go to the Zoo only next time.

Drew

My DBF and I are members of the Zoological Society of San Diego, so we have been to the Zoo and the WAP many times. I like the WAP much better. I mean a Zoo is a Zoo right? :confused3 At the WAP they no longer have the train ride. It is now a tram ride and you get much closer to the animals. It is so neat to see all of the animal together in one big open area just like they are in the wild.

We did a San Diego pass that included the zoo, Sea World and the WAP. It is unlimited visits to those parks for up to 5 days. We were there only 3 days..but it ended up being cheaper that way. HTH

Can you tell me where you got that pass? My DS (4) and I will be on our own every day next week while DH attends a conference and that sounds perfect for us.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if they can be purchased somewhere when we get to San Diego? We're leaving on Thursday and I won't be home on Wed. to sign for them. It would save us a ton of $$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter