Sea World San Diego - Breakfast with Shamu?

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Has anyone done the breatkfast with Shamu at Seaworld San Diego? The price is much lower than the lunch. I wonder if it is worth it to spend the precious time when kids are still fresh at breakfast, rather than at shows and attactions.

Thanks

We did the Dinner with Shamu, where you sit next to the tanks and eat, it was wonderful and well worth the money. Never done breakfast.

Donna

I have done the breakfast with shamu last August. My 6 and 1 year old loved it. I think it is best to do it at the begining of the day while they are still in a good mood and not fried yet. We spent an hour at breakfast, and still had time to do everything we wanted. How I thought about it was that this was a moment that we will never forget being able to see all the killer whales up close and spend quality time with the kids. (By the way we saw 4 killer whales). If you can try and get a table next to the fence by the main pool, it seemed like that was the best viewing area.

I hope this helps.

Courtney

You can get the tickets ahead of time on the internet, but there is a place that you have to check in so that they know you are actually there. Alot of people crowded up and were ready to run to the "good" spots even though we were all told that it was assigned seating. It did seem that they assigned the best seats to those who arrived first. I couldn't tell how they did it. They call your name and lead yo to a table. We got a great table right next to the tank. While you eat the killer whales swim around and pop up. A trainer comes and talks for awhile. They don't do any tricks, but they are right there super close. Our kids loved it. The food was ok (buffet style). The Shamu cookies with black and white frosting look better than they taste. They made for cute photos with the kids. I would say it is worth the money. Bring sunscreen since some of the tables were in the sun. We lucked out once again and had a shady table. We are glad we did it and highly recommend it. HTH.

We had lunch with Shamu last year, and my 4 year old loved it. I thought it was overpriced for the quality of the food and the lack of service, but since the kid loved it , it was worth it, although I wouldn't do it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter