• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea World two days , or sea world / zoo?

lillady718

Earning My Ears
Ok- I am rethinking my original plans. If you only had two days in San Diego, would you do two days at Sea World, or one day sea world, one day zoo ?

(The reason I ask, is I can actually get two days at sea world for the price of one.....)

It would be myself, husband and 11 year old son.
Thanks

I can't imagine how I would spend more then a day at a time at Seaworld San Diego and I love Seaworld.

Do both.

Ditto what YoHo said. I think one full day at Sea World should be plenty of time. Once, we got there at Noon on a day they closed late (like 9 or 10 pm), and I was worried we weren't going to be able to do everything, but we did.

I also love the Zoo too, so I would definitely try to make time for that as well.

I think one day at each! That's what we did back in 2003 and one day was plenty for each park!

I agree with one day each; this is one of those situations where "free" is not the best price.

You can definately do Sea World in a single day, especially during summer months when Summer Nights is running. You can do all of Sea World in 5 hours if you know what you are doing, including every show, attraction, and aquarium and the night shows. Take one day at Sea World and one at the Zoo, you won't regret it.

Definitely go for one day at sea world if you are only doing the regular park stuff there and not any special stuff (like dinner with shamu and the dolphin interaction exp.) in the summer one day will be enough. :flower:

Adrienne :wizard:

We went to Sea World June 14th and were there from 11-7. We made it to every show, all of the exhibits, the sky ride and the 2 wet rides plus had time for a good rest at lunch. I'd say one day would do it.

We are all in stunning agreement!

We had two days in SD and did a day at each - we got there late so only had 3 hours at the Zoo, and so missed a lot, but we were at Seaworld for about 6 hours and saw just about everything.

2 days would be a waste and the zoo is sensational and well worth a look.

lillady718 said:
Ok- I am rethinking my original plans. If you only had two days in San Diego, would you do two days at Sea World, or one day sea world, one day zoo ?

(The reason I ask, is I can actually get two days at sea world for the price of one.....)

It would be myself, husband and 11 year old son.
Thanks
Sea World is not a 2 day attraction. Do the zoo on day #2 or the Wild Animal Park.

that's what we are doing on our trip... 1 day Sea World, 1 day Zoo and 1 day wild animla park..

LucyKate said:
We are all in stunning agreement!

We had two days in SD and did a day at each - we got there late so only had 3 hours at the Zoo, and so missed a lot, but we were at Seaworld for about 6 hours and saw just about everything.

2 days would be a waste and the zoo is sensational and well worth a look.

Count me among those in agreement :)

I'm not sure I have seen so many people agree on one thing on these boards! ;)

I would definately do 1 day at each. I recently went to Sea World, was there right at opening, and literally had the park to myself for 2 hours. At one point, I was the only person with Walruses. There were like 10 other people with the dolphins. It was unbelievable. I managed to get so much done in 2 hours, that I was able to leave by 2pm, and felt that I did everything that I wanted, nor was I rushed.

That left time for shopping....

I agree the zoo or the wild animal park is hard to pass up. If they are the same price though you may want to go back the second night to SW for the night shows which are different from the day time ones and any do overs or we forgot abouts.

In the past they used to have a fun cards you used to be able to sign up for where you could go back the rest of the year after 4:00. We usually go for a few days when we go to SD and we found we always went at back to SW at least one night with the fun card. I did this with my nephews once and we purposely sat in all the splash zones and had a blast.

I'm a certified Shamu nut though.

I personally can't imagine going to San Diego and not visit San Diego Zoo. I love that Zoo. Don't tell anyone, but I like it more than Animal Kingdom - Shhhhhhhhh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter