Seattle to MacDIll AFB?

AuntieKels

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone! My Future Husband is in the Air Force for another 2.5 years and we are thinking about making our first move. I have always lived in Seattle but he is a transplant from CO. He hates the weather here and I'm up for an adventure so we are thinking about asking for MacDill AFB. Does anyone have any experience there? Am I in for a culture shock? Any advice is welcomed. Thanks in advance!

-Kels

PS. I've never lived on base or even near base before. Will that be my biggest change? I make DF live in the city and drive an hour to work everyday so I can continue taking metro downtown for work. :rolleyes1

The weather will be a huge shock for you. If he only has 2.5 years left they may not move him, I know right now there are a lot of budget cuts and PCSing is limited or on hold for certain branches.

I have not lived at MacDill but it's somewhere we visit often because it is near family and I really like it.

Thanks for the input. My airman is thinking about reenlisting if there are no FAA jobs when he gets out. I guess we will just have to wait until then to make the move.

Does anyone have any tips for a first time relocation?

THANKS!

Make copies of all your paperwork because at least one very important one will be lost, have a lot of patience and anything can change :rotfl: Anything you do not want the movers to pack, put somewhere out of the way or not in the house. If you just verbally tell them do not pack it, they will. They pack everything. I had them pack open apple juice I put on the counter for second while I went to get a cup for my kid.

You will be fine :).

Actually-you said hes your fiance not your husband-if you are not married-you are invisible to the miltary-so unless you plan to get married and on his orders before the relocation-the military wont move your stuff-that will be completely on you and at your expense-and you cant live in military housing. If you are getting married-then make sure you are in DEERS and on his orders before he goes to JPSO to make arrangements for movement of HHG.

Thats right, we are not married yet but will be before the move. I'm just planning ahead.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter