Seaworld San Diego Dine with Shamu Photos!!

Thank you for those pictures LauraBearz. They are beautiful.

I know that there is also a Sea World in Orlando and in San Antonio. How many are there nationwide? Does anybody know if they are all pretty much the same?

I have been to SW San Diego and SW Orlando. The Dinner with Shamu in Orlando is very different...not a whale interaction program at all. Basically just the buffet and priority seating for the nighttime Shamu Rocks show. We were a bit disappointed in that after having had the San Diego experience where you get to see the whales close up and the trainers talk about them etc.

In general the exhibits are similar, the shows were a bit different. There were things I liked about both...the manatees in Orlando are outside so you get a different view etc. We just love Sea World, where ever it is :)

We did this last summer and the seating we had was right next to the small slide at the side. "Our" Shamu sat there for ages after the show part of the dinner and my son asked the trainer if they were making Shamu stay there and she said, "Nope, Shamu is doing this all by herself. 5t's all her idea!" Itwasamazing, but it frightened my 2 year old a bit when she first slid up onto the slide though, LOL!

The kids chicken...was it breaded? If so, I am definitely signing up for this! My older son is finicky and it is rare for me to find a meal that has food he's willing to eat.

I think my kids would get a real kick out of eating with Shamu!

Thank you for sharing!

This sounds pretty neat - a few questions..

How many times a day do they do this??

How much does it cost?

How soon before you go do they open up the reservations?

Thanks.

Thanks for your report. We are going to Seaworld in September and want to do the Dine with Shamu too. Can you request table numbers when you book? Just wondering if it's better to ring up and book rather than doing it online?

Thanks for your report. We are going to Seaworld in September and want to do the Dine with Shamu too. Can you request table numbers when you book? Just wondering if it's better to ring up and book rather than doing it online?

I've heard from multiple sources, including Laura's first post, that tables are assigned in booking order. So, call or book online (not sure why it would matter which) as soon as you can since it's highly doubtful you'd be able to request a particular table.

I am just waiting for our dates to open up. Should be soon. Last year, we were booked but my little guy got sick and we missed it, hoping we have better luck this year. Laura, your pics make it look wonderful!

Do you think that a 4 year old would enjoy this?

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter