SeaWorld...

Sadie Girl

Earning My Ears
First, does anyone know where I could get my hands on a map of SeaWorld before we get there? The one on their website is a little hard to navigate.

Second, anyone have any tips for SeaWorld in November? We're going mid-week so I'm hoping it wont be too crowded, but it's only open 10-5 so I hope we can squeeze it all in. Any thing to avoid there?

Thanks!

skip the rides... plan your schedule accordingly. You probably finish all the show around 5PM... go out for dinner and come back for the night shows...

Plan your day around the shows. If possible, try to do the Dolphin Interactive program. It's not cheap ($150), but my 9 year old son said it was the best part of our trip (we just got back from 7 day trip to San Diego/Anaheim). You have to reserve a space ahead of time, but it's a great experience. You actually suit up in a wetsuit and get in the pool with the dolphins. The whole thing is about an hour. We did it first thing in the morning and still had time to see everything else that day.

I agree that it is hard to plan for rides if you want to see the shows. The Shamu show runs until 4:30 (or at least it did when we went last week) so i'd do that last since the park can close as early as 5 pm.

I saw the Dolphin Interactive Program and it looked really cool and very much worth the cost. Unfortunately we couldn't afford it but if I went back and could i'd do it!! We swam with the dolphins at discovery cove in florida and it was way more expensive and much less time.

You can also feed dolphins, seals and sting rays if you time it right.

I was just there at the end of October, we went mid week, the crowds were quite light. I printed off from their website the times for all of the shows and planned accordingly, and we were able to do all the rides and catch all of the shows with no problem.

We went in February 2 years ago, off season, open 10-5. We missed a couple of rides, shows and animal exhibits. It all depends on what you're interested in seeing. Make sure you see the Shamu show, the Dolphin show, the sea lion show, and Pets Rule. If the rides have long line ups they aren't worth waiting for in my opinion. If you don't want to get wet, skip Atlantis and Shipwreck Rapids and don't sit in the soak zone! You can buy small trays of fish to feed the sea lions/seals and dolphins, that's pretty fun. Grab a quick meal from any of the counter service places, they all have decent kid's meals (hot dogs, chicken fingers etc) but there is also lots of good grown up food.

I actually bought a kids meal at a BBQ style restaurant...sorry can't remember the name. It was cool because you got a neat shamu lunch box. we ordered the sample meal (ribs, chicken, corn, etc) and it filled my hubby up and he has a good appetite. We thought it was good value and good food.

November = somewhat cold weather.

The rides you will want to skip unless you're crazy and want to be soaking wet and cold. If you're pressed for time, don't bother with:
Pet show
the small aquariums
Clydesdales
Sky Tower
Bayside Skyride
Kids Playground

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter