Second Solo Pre Trip and Trip Report Complete

ExpatDisneyLover

DIS Veteran
Sorry I meant to put this on the DLRP TR board!

If you want to skip right to the trip report go to page 2!

Hi Everyone,

I have been soooo busy that I haven't had time at all to think about my next DLRP trip -but since it is about 2 weeks away I think I need to gear up!:)

And now that I have been once and have planned another solo trip I think my friends are catching on to my Disney obsession and two people have expressed interest in joining me for my next trip - so we will see how many solo trip chapters I get to write. But at least I have one more solo trip coming up - which I must say I do enjoy!:)

Who - expat American teacher living in Turkey.:teacher:
When/Where - June 15th-17th - staying at Magic Circus and using a Francilien Annual Pass:thumbsup2

Things I want to do differently this time around:

pre-book some good meals at least one per day - maybe Walt's quick lunch, or buffets at Plaza Gardens, Agrabah or Rendevous de Stars:goodvibes

First time for:

Staying off site - Magic Circus - hope I like this option!:lovestruc
Using an annual pass:cool1:
Taking Eurostar to London on the way back to Turkey - interestingly this was a far cheaper option than booking the return flight from Paris - I know weird. Hope it is not exhausting to do it this way!:hippie:

What I want to do:

Hit the attractions I missed last time and enjoy my favorites once again - plus soak in the magic:wizard: - and may be look for the "From Sketch to Reality" book about the planning of DLRP. Does anyone know the price of this?:confused3

Sounds great!

We ate table service for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. We used to just rush from place to place, but taking time to relax and enjoy a good meal really added to the holiday - we all loved Walts.

Sketch to Reality is on my to do list too - I think someone mentioned that if you're lucky enough to find a copy it's about 50E - I might have that wrong though.

Hope you have a great time - the Magic Circus looks lovely :goodvibes

Sounds great!

We ate table service for the first time last year and really enjoyed it. We used to just rush from place to place, but taking time to relax and enjoy a good meal really added to the holiday - we all loved Walts.

Sketch to Reality is on my to do list too - I think someone mentioned that if you're lucky enough to find a copy it's about 50E - I might have that wrong though.

Hope you have a great time - the Magic Circus looks lovely :goodvibes

Thank You! I was wondering how much extra to bring for the book if I find it that is (I know you are looking for a copy too - I'll let you know if I find one). I think I really want to relax and enjoy a good meal this time - didn't quite do that last trip. Any favorite dishes at Walt's?

Sounds great!! :thumbsup2

We loved Walts and the quick lunch was really good value, would definitely go back! :lovestruc

Can't wait for your TR when you get back! (Only 2 weeks - you lucky thing!!) :goodvibes

When I go the book in 2003 it had 45 Euros as the price. It is a wonderful book and Didier is a great guy! Booking lunch sounds a great idea - I might have to copy that for my trip in August!

Sounds great!! :thumbsup2

We loved Walts and the quick lunch was really good value, would definitely go back! :lovestruc

Can't wait for your TR when you get back! (Only 2 weeks - you lucky thing!!) :goodvibes

I think I saw your post about Walt's quick lunch and thought what a good idea - good meal for a decent price.:):) :thumbsup2 I'd rather get one good meal than spend the same amount on two counter service meals.

When I go the book in 2003 it had 45 Euros as the price. It is a wonderful book and Didier is a great guy! Booking lunch sounds a great idea - I might have to copy that for my trip in August!

Hope I can find a copy of the book - wish they'd reprint!:wizard:

Just figured out the multi quote tool - how nice is that!

I spent a good part of yesterday on dlrpmagic web site reviewing and watching video clips!:surfweb: A good way to get a little pre-trip pixie dust!:wizard:

I wanted to look specifically about Eurostar information since I haven't done that before. Has anyone stored their luggage at the train station on your departure day? How did that work?

Still need to get some Euros and Pounds - pay rent and bills before leaving - still time to spare. Goal - get my hair cut and styled and find a good book in English to take on the plane!:goodvibes

:woohoo:

Ok - sorry I have got to rant!:headache:

I went downtown today to get the euros and pounds I need for my upcoming trip - also got a much needed haircut which I love!:lovestruc:

On the way home though I stopped off to do some shopping - and bought too many heavy items - onions, potatoes, juices, soda - you get the idea and so decided to take a taxi home. I used the local taxi stand that I use often. But I left my pink princess Disney world hat that my mom got for me during her birthday trip at WDW in the trunk of the taxi. Last I saw it was on the top of a bag of groceries. I have been on the phone with the taxi guys for the past half hour and they keep telling me they can't find it! Argh! Now - I am the kind of teacher who looses my pen behind my ear - so maybe it will show up - but I have this sinking feeling that I will never see it again.:sad2: Ok it is just a hat - but one from my mom on our special mother daughter trip.

Sigh - only good thing is I will be at Disney soon so maybe can replace it with something similar. But honestly haven't seen another hat like it. I bought it at the Studios at WDW last September. Ok rant over - I feel better just getting that out!

Here it is - said hat-forgive the shiny Florida face:rotfl:

ry%3D480

Still no hat - but I have decided to put it behind me and look for a new one at DLRP!:hippie::) Very convenient since I will be going next week!:lovestruc:banana: Now in search of the perfect hat. We will see what I can find!:wizard:

I've just seen your hat photo and one of my daughter's friends at pre-school has the same one (prob in a smaller size though as she's 3!!)

DD kept trying to get her to "share" it but she wasn't having any of it!! It's a beautiful hat, I hope you find a replacement on your next trip...

I've just seen your hat photo and one of my daughter's friends at pre-school has the same one (prob in a smaller size though as she's 3!!)

DD kept trying to get her to "share" it but she wasn't having any of it!! It's a beautiful hat, I hope you find a replacement on your next trip...

Yeah I am afraid the only one I may find will be for a 3 year old!:rotfl:What is wrong with preschoolers these days not sharing their hats :laughing: I taught that age for a number of years:teacher:. Anyway - will have a nice time looking for a replacement. The sun here is a killer in the summer - won't be able to go "hatless" much longer - but really want one I like (pink and princess: would be ideal but not sure I'll find an adult one at DLRP):rolleyes:

Not much longer!:cheer2:

Hi! Just wanted to say I ordered my book from the Disney and More blog and it looks like you can still get a copy from them...

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/12/looking-for-great-disney-gift-for.html

I ordered an autographed copy and I love my book so good luck, I hope you are able to pick one up in Disneyland then you've another option :goodvibes.

Also, I'm thinking of booking my first solo trip which is what has brought me to your post. I'm thinking of doing 2 nights although it's not nearly enough (babysteps), but I'm afraid I'll go into shock from loneliness otherwise! Still, I need a bit of Disney magic so yeah, might give it a go! Here's hoping I'm brave enough :)!

Hi! Just wanted to say I ordered my book from the Disney and More blog and it looks like you can still get a copy from them...

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/12/looking-for-great-disney-gift-for.html

I ordered an autographed copy and I love my book so good luck, I hope you are able to pick one up in Disneyland then you've another option :goodvibes.

Also, I'm thinking of booking my first solo trip which is what has brought me to your post. I'm thinking of doing 2 nights although it's not nearly enough (babysteps), but I'm afraid I'll go into shock from loneliness otherwise! Still, I need a bit of Disney magic so yeah, might give it a go! Here's hoping I'm brave enough :)!

Oh my goodness thanks for the tip on the book!:) I'll look it up.

I had a great time going solo - doing what you want when you want is a nice feature plus there are lots of friendly people to meet too.:wizard: It does feel a bit strange at times but I really enjoyed the trip. It is really easy to enjoy the creativity that is Disney on a solo trip - no distractions. No reason for a Disneyless life! Sounds like a good idea to start slow and see what works for you. Have a great time - I look forward to the trip report!:goodvibes

Weeee :yay::yay::yay:how exciting!! Have a great flight and trip ::yes::!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Well folks! Today is the day! The call to prayer goes off here around 4:15am - with all the neighborhood canines chiming in so I decided to just go ahead and get up - will try to get the 6:00am airport bus. Flight to Istanbul leaves around 8:00am - then to Paris!:woohoo:

It's a happy Disney day!!:wizard:

Just think, you're there right now, scouring the shops for a pink princess hat...!! princess:

Hi Everyone,

Back last night from a really terrific quick trip to DLP - plus I was able to renew my Turkish visa - always when there is a job to do - why not let that spoon full of sugar be there too. So Disneyland Paris was my spoon full of sugar and I enjoyed every minute!:wizard:

Mum to Belle - I scoured the shops for a pink princess hat but unfortunately came back sans hat - just couldn't find one that made me go "yes, that's it!" Oh well I guess I'll just have to make it back to WDW one day -:rotfl:!

Anyway- the trip report continues!

This time I decided to take public transportation rather than taxis and the private airport bus - it is a tenth of the price - that's right a tenth - and so I could rationalize paying for for my lunch on the plane!

And so I started with a mini bus to the city center - wait time 20 minutes - travel time - 10 minutes - :laughing: ok so very few are out at 6:00am in Ankara!
ry%3D400

Then I transferred to a city bus to the airport - travel time 30 minutes - but crowded - everyone wants to save a dime it seems. Glad I had a seat!

Here is the juice truck opposite the bus stop - boy I wish this had been open - a fresh squeezed orange juice sounded really good about now!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then it was off to Istanbul - about a hour late! :headache: But I was still smiling - hey I was going to Disney!:) And then our flight from Istanbul was an hour and a half late!:headache: But I was still smiling - though slightly less so!:) Because of the flight delays - I didn't get the Disney bus I wanted - 2:30pm and had to settle for the 3:30pm.:sad1: Less Disney time.:sad1::sad1:

ry%3D400

Only five of us on this bus!:confused3
ry%3D400

There was a lot of traffic this time of day - so the journey took a bit longer than I remember.:rolleyes1

But then we were there!!! The very nice driver took one family by the Santa Fe then dropped myself and one other person at the Disney bus stop. Thankfully he pointed me in the right direction and told me to take bus 54. I was very happy for this grace since I'd been up since 4:15am - I was tired!:wizard: Finally the pink bus came and I was on my way to the Magic Circus!!:woohoo: I'd been really looking forward to staying here.

ry%3D400

First impressions - nice staff - not too impressive public areas - no "Disney" theming but really, really great quality rooms. Did I say really great?:lovestruc

ry%3D400

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter