• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Section 504?

buzzlady

<font color=purple>Loves to play tag!<br><font col
DS is under 504 for OT. Each year it's a problem getting him started. Today his principal said to me that she thought that a 504 plan continued. Therefore, she didn't submit paperwork for this year. My question is does a 504 continue from year to year or does she really have to submit paper work. He was re-evaluated at the end of last school year and found still eligible for OT. Thanks.

I don't know if my principal submitted paperwork or not over the summer, but I have a 1st grader in my class with a 504 plan that we did not create this year...it was created last year in Kindergarten. We are using that one & have already met to update it.

There should be a date of 'expiration' on the 504 - at least, we have starting/ending dates on the ones in my school district. A meeting should be planned before the ending date, but sometimes that can't be scheduled, and the old 504 continues until the meeting/review/update is done, and the updated 504 is signed by the parents.

If your child's needs haven't changed then the 504 plan should still be in place. If you think your child is in need of more services or something on the plan should be changed you can demand a meeting and that they provide him with an updated evaluation. Aside from that, you should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter