Security measures...??

violet13

Mouseketeer
What all security measures are the Orlando parks taking after 9-11??? Everyone says "go on your vacation"...but I am very uneasy about being in a LArge popular park such as Disney. And is Universal and IOA using the SAME security measures also? Thank You....

Just came back on the 18th and was down Disney on the 11th when everything happened. We had driven down all day Monday and arrived on Tuesday at 6am, ate breakfast and then went to Animal Kingdom. We were in awe when in the middle of the Lion King show they said we had to evacuate the parks. We had no clue. I have admit the CM were terrific in getting everyone out safely and in a orderly fashion. CM from the parks came to the resorts to help out because you relly could not go anywhere. For the rest of the week, they did check bags some looked well others did not. My Mom who was in a motorized scooter never had her bags checked. It just depended on what line you went in. Universal was the same. You could not get on Men in Black at all with any kind of bags.

Was there 9/9 to 9/22.. All parks have security in place - all bags checked (including fanny packs, purses, camera cases, diaper bags, etc.).. Also LOADS of security people walking around the parks keeping a much closer on on what people are doing. Security is as good as it can be but nothing is 100%. My own personal feeling is that it's probably safe to be there now but I wouldn't want to be there when we first launch our attacks on Afghanistan as there are too many unaccounted for terrorists at large. I realize that people save and plan for these trips for a long, long time but if I had known what was going to happen on 9/11 I can assure you I would have canceled my trip. Granted, nothing went wrong, but I was 1325 miles away from the rest of my family when this madness occurred and I much rather would have been home - especially considering I LIVE in New York state! Watch the news - consider all facts - hold a family conference - take a vote - and if everyone is in agreement that they still want to go and feel that they can have the same magical experience that they would have had prior to these events then by all means go.. Only you can decide.. Have a great time and God Bless..

I think I feel exactly like you do...if they start bombing, I won't go as planned. Thank God when I bought my Universal and IOA tickets, the things don't expire! I'm more worried about a car bomb, or truck bomb in the parking lot at one of these parks, I mean, you have to admit, Disney is USA and it could easily be a Target, they can check all our bags, put us through metal detectors, but they can't check every car, every truck for explosives. Just my thoughts. A shame we have to worry about these things, but how can we NOT consider the possibility either????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter