seniors

I don't think we really need a special thread for widows and widowers. It comes under adults and solo's. There is no special requirement because a spouse has passed. It is the same and if it is concern about what it is like to be solo, well it is hard to describe because that is within our own mind and can only be encouraged to get into it and see if it works for you. My wife left 23 years ago and I made annual trips solo until 2019. Different, but very enjoyable.

My first trip started out a little on the melancholy side, but also motivated me to look ahead and not dwell on the past. There are new memories to obtain. We may still flash back to other times but the current always jumps up and takes over.

I'll be 75 in 16 days and all I ever needed was the adults and solo's thread to get all my questions answered.

I don’t know that we need a specific seniors thread, but some people may like one. I don’t think it would need any qualifiers other than seniors, and solo if people want it to go there. There are a few things that might apply more to seniors than other age groups. To be honest, I don’t see many seniors on the adults and solo boards. Most people seem to be younger than 50, with a few exceptions.

I don’t know that we need a specific seniors thread, but some people may like one. I don’t think it would need any qualifiers other than seniors, and solo if people want it to go there. There are a few things that might apply more to seniors than other age groups. To be honest, I don’t see many seniors on the adults and solo boards. Most people seem to be younger than 50, with a few exceptions.
You don't see many because they are the ones answering most of the questions, not asking them. However, I'd venture that there are more seniors on then you know. We were the young travelers when this all started and as long as we are not mentally checked out, we are still interested and keep track.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter