Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My symptoms were nausea, tightness in my chest, a sharp pain in my left shoulder, and a cold sweat. My cardiologist told me in the past when in doubt, chew a whole 325mg aspirin and get to the hospital. The aspirin opens your blood vessels to allow the blood to flow more freely. She also said you can never cry wolf when having chest pains or discomfort. They can tell from a blood test if you have had or are having a heart attack. There are two enzymes in your blood that elevate.

Good for you for volunteering for the first aid team. I work for an electric company and all of us are required to be recertified in first aid and CPR every year.

Donna - thanks for sharing. The symptons sound pretty much like what would be normal to expect. You often hear that women tend to have unusual symptoms and not as easy to diagnose. I'm glad there was someone with you that understood and got you the help you needed right away. Yes the aspirin thins the blood which helps the flow since most heart attacks can be caused by the build up in the arteries.

Certainly glad you're on the mend!

posting so I can find ya'll easier when I have something to say...

And so I can read all your fun stuff!

I saw Eric ... Hello!

I'm just wondering if Lorraine has checked in yet. I can not remember her Dis name! Lorraine, are you here????!!!!!

Hi Deanna,

I think she's been too busy with the holiday etc, but I'll make sure she does check in. We're both really looking forward to the repo - can't wait!

BTW her Dis name is Lorraine - imaginative eh lol

Giles

Thank you!

Yes, plans in full swing, indeed. We made our invitations and they are ready to send out. We've got many of the details worked out, but few implemented! I'm off-call this weekend so have some must-do's to do. It's fun, but expensive and a bit stressful. I'm so looking forward to it though. Many friends and family are joining us and I look forward to all the reunions. Plus, I get to look girly for the day (I'm normally just a little femme day to day!). Also, looking forward to our first cruise, our first vacation together, and some time to focus on being a couple after 12 years of parenting, sleepless nights, nursing, changing dipes, and wiping noses. Ahhhh to sleep in for 5 whole days! Bliss!

Thanks for asking.

lol Im sure it will be fantastic! Im sure it will all go well. Youll havew to keep us up to date with plans lol. I think we have a few weddings going on over the next year or so on here.

Found you! Just popping in to say hi.

Life has been a bit crazy for me. I was supporting 7 (COO, Partner, 2 VPs and 3 associates) people and backing up the assistant to the President at work and finally broke down at work in April (sobbing at my desk - Guess I found my breaking point). So they have done some reorganization and now I only have 4 people to support (COO, 1 VP, 2 associates) and still back up the assistant to the President. I am hoping I still get to do the B2B, all depends on if we are in "fundraising" at work. Worst case I guess I will only get to do the Westbound Trans-Atlantic - I know Kimmy doesn't like that.

I have just now found the light at the end of the tunnel and have started my planning for the B2B (staying positive that I will get to do both). I figured best to start now since I am not sure how we have already entered June.

So based on my planning I thought I would share a few things...

1. I am planning on flying to BCN on 9/4 - You can start to book airline tickets around 330 days out (10/8/09) - right now I am finding 1-ways to be about $1480 and round-trip to cost $706. Then for the return on 10/3 from MCO to SFO I am getting $180 for a one-way. (I got these by basing travel on departing in 2009 close to the 2010 date and same day of the week) Not sure what Disney will charge to add air.

2. Not sure when you can start booking hotels in Barcelona, but would be interested in where people are thinking about staying. I see that Disney has their hotel list up (and they are different than 2007 - 2 are the same). In 2007 I stayed at the Hesperia Presidente which was quite nice. Booked on my own though a website and got a cheaper rate than Disney was charging and was able to add on transfers if I wanted to the port.

I hope to stay updated a bit better now that work is more sane, but I am marching in the San Francisco Renegades again this summer so starting last weekend, I am busy every weekend from now till Labor Day. So if you are in the Bay Area or in LA area (7/11 & 7/12) check out the schedule at our website. I think I am a glutton for punishment as this was much easier when I was younger.

TTFN

1. I am planning on flying to BCN on 9/4 - You can start to book airline tickets around 330 days out (10/8/09) - right now I am finding 1-ways to be about $1480 and round-trip to cost $706. TTFN

Be sure to check one-way flights on Aer Lingus. I just booked JFK to Rome for a Celebrity TA in November 2009. The one-way fare was only $372!

Marilyn

Like I said , would have been nice if the MOD that closed the thread would have provided a link in the final post :confused3:confused3

Thats how its been done before in the past

pirate:
That was the first thing I looked for... not sure why - maybe they were taking a little nap?
Hi everyone...glad that I found you here.
ME TOO !
Just bumping us back to page one to make it easier for others to find us!
Well done!

I hope everyone has a good day - and HERE'S TO OUR HEALTH!:wizard:

Hi,

My husband, son and I are booked on a med cruise for 7/8. I toyed with the idea of the TA, but after looking at the headline costs on the DU website dismissed it as being far too expensive for a second holiday!

However, after meeting up with DizzneyDAnn whilst she was passing through Heathrow a couple of weeks ago i thought i would check out the costs just in case! I contacted DU and was astounded that the cost of the two week TA was over 50% cheaper than the 11 night med cruise! What could I do, it seemed such a good offer, it would be ridiculous to turn it down! We were initially quoted on a Cat 6 but we could not chose the stateroom, but for an extra $400 we upgraded to a cat 4 which we could chose. So we are booked, just four weeks between the two cruises! I did toy with canceling the med cruise, it does now seem amazingly over priced, but as our son is not coming on the TA felt it was a bit mean to tell him we are not going. I intend to keep an eye on the costs of the med cruise in case they come down with the lack of interest.

So there we go, we are booked and i am soooo looking forward to all those sea days and spending time with DizzneyDAnn and her family.

We did the last WB TA and the weather was amazing, the Atlantic was like a mill pond without a trace of a wave for several days in a row - here's hoping to a repeat.

Lorraine

Hi Guys

Cant believe it has been so long, Ive been away SO much,been a bit diff to get on comp at home and shared computers are a hassle.
I cant begin to catch up but I hope you are all well, I am away to Vegas and Ca this/next month for 3 weeks:cool2:, then I will book next years flights, it might seem a bit more closer then so will try to keep up.

sorry havent posted in a while last couple of months been working around 80 hour weeks. i know there is still plently of times to post. this week it looks like a 40 hour week again. hopefully it wont last long.
we had a storm yesterday took out a big tree of mine and landed on my fence. tree people just left now i have to call the fence people to fix my fence. its always something you try to get ahead.
one other thing what about those WORLD CHAMPIONS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES? they are started to play good ball now starters started off slow and brad lidge was terrible now everything is coming together. there should be no reason why they shouldnt repeat

Looks like the prices on this cruise went up significantly today, about $400.00 for two in a cabin.

I think the website is...umm...seriously screwed up. I re-priced our cruise and got wildly different prices throughout the booking process. It came up 1000 more than what we are paying now, then on the final page, without changing any of the defaults or anything, it came up 1000 lower (the same as we are paying), to the penny. I suspect that the prices are the same but the website is screwed up. Or the website is screwed up and the prices have been raised. :rotfl:

Looks like the prices on this cruise went up significantly today, about $400.00 for two in a cabin.

I've been tracking the prices on a spreadsheet at least once a month, and have found that they are back to exactly what they were before the price drop in late April/early May. Glad I upgraded a few weeks ago!

Along those lines (well...sorta), I became unemployed today. They eliminated my position. So let's hope in the next few months I find a new job so I can still take this amazing cruise!

Hi,

...I toyed with the idea of the TA.....the cost of the two week TA was over 50% cheaper than the 11 night med cruise! What could I do, it seemed such a good offer....

Welcome, Lorraine! You join many others here who were on the WB TA in 2007, so you will no doubt see some familiar cruising friends! Congrats!

Our two cat 4s are exactly the same price as they were last week when we booked them. Maybe because there are still a ton left they haven't gone up? or the prices went up last week...

Along those lines (well...sorta), I became unemployed today. They eliminated my position. So let's hope in the next few months I find a new job so I can still take this amazing cruise!

Kimberly, I didn't know your position got eliminated! I thought you only had to some time off. :( I'm so sad for you. You'll find something soon, I'm sure! Sending you pixie dust and good thoughts your way. :hug:

!

Sorry to hear about your job. I hope you find something soon.

I'm sorry, too. At our house we have felt the sting of job loss in the past and man oh man does it bite.

I hope you find something really great soon.

Thanks you guys! :grouphug: I'll be doing my best to keep a positive attitude. I truly believe that things happen for a reason, and indeed I needed to move on to a happier work-life. So this is my kicker. :)

I know that unfortunately, I'm far from being in a unique situation either. I'll just be darned if this impacts my party plans in 472 days!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter