Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

We are looking forward to meeting many of you on the ship this coming September!

One of our favorite events on the ship is Pirate Night. Does anyone know what night of the the cruise Pirate Night will be for the WB Transatlantic?

Thanks!

Welcome to the party! :banana: It gets even better once we're on board the Magic! :cheer2:

I'm Richard, and my DW is Jacky. I'm 60 (just) and she's not. We look forward to meeting you!

See You Real Soon! :flower3:
Richard

Hi everyone,

Sorry for this, but I'm showing my inlaws how to post and quote here.... :)

Thanks!

Welcome board!!! :wave:

My name is Melodie and I qualify as a geezer although this is the first cruise where I've heard of a geezer meet so I'm looking forward to hitting the Cove Cafe several times at least! I am traveling in my own room solo but I'm right next to my DS and DIL who will also be on board.

I`ve been in a planning mode for our post cruise 5 day stay in WDW. So lets say DH and I have been having a "discussion" ;) over tickets options. A one day ticket is now $87, times that by 4, a day in Epcot and one in MK, covert into GBP and that comes to £232 :scared1:
On a more positive note have got the dining plan booked. I wonder if they`ll let us stay onboard another 5 days :laughing:

Welcome to the party! :banana: It gets even better once we're on board the Magic! :cheer2:

I'm Richard, and my DW is Jacky. I'm 60 (just) and she's not. We look forward to meeting you!

See You Real Soon! :flower3:
Richard

I am going to be looking all over the ship for a guy who looks like your avatar! ARe you bringing those goggles too?

Corinna - the jewelry packet arrived today!!! Can't wait until I can see the finished product!

Thought we may as well jump in. My wife Shanna and I will be leaving on 9/15 and staying at Le Meridien. We are in 6128 on the Magic. Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Thought we may as well jump in. My wife Shanna and I will be leaving on 9/15 and staying at Le Meridien. We are in 6128 on the Magic. Looking forward to seeing all of you.

Welcome aboard!!!! :wave:

We are leaving 9/16 and are staying at the Praktik Ramblas (I think DISer's have about 27 rooms there!!). There are other people also staying at Le Meridien in the group so check out the hotel listings on page 1/2 to find some fellow DISer's.

I just bought DW a 16 GB card to go with her others (a couple of 8's, some 4's, and a few 2's). I'm also bringing a 1TB portable hard drive to download everything. Did I mention that she likes to take pictures? :confused3

2's and 4's?? They make them that low???:lmao:

Annie:flower3:

I am going to be looking all over the ship for a guy who looks like your avatar! ARe you bringing those goggles too?

No, but I do a great Doc Brown impression!

If you're at the DIS roll call on the first day, I'm willing to bet you'll be able to identify me! ;)

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the cruise Artie and Shanna!
John and I are also at the Le Meridien on the 17th. We should all plan an early DIS breakfast!! I have already email the concierge to book John and I at 7:00 AM as we are touring before we board the ship.

We are Noel and John Birkner from Woodside, California. I am 59 and John is 66. This is our 4th DCL cruise but have cruised many times on other cruise lines.

Other DIS members I am sure will answer more of your questions, so let me give you some general information about our cruise thread.

Be sure you read page one for all the exciting things that are happening on this cruise. Here is a partial list.

1. PM DisneyVegas1 to see if there are any cruise shirts left. Here is the Link to what the the shirts look like. Last post I believe there was 1 AS. If that size don't work for you, you can print a copy of the logo from the transatlantic pirates site and make an iron on tee shirt
2. PM Buckeye Gal with your hotel and flight information, see post #9
3. Decide if you want Mickey Mouse shirts which some of us are wearing to dinner of Sept 28 and if you want to join us to order, see post #1
4. If you want to link your dining ressies, PM Mrs. Mork if you are early or PM Totally Angelic if you are late.
5. Sign up on the roll call and send your pictures to the our cruise website at Transatlantic Pirateswebsite.
6. PM Connie (Con5421) if you would like to purchase a lanyard pin. see post #6.
7. Let mdwoodman know, if you can join the HRC pre cruise meet on 17 September @ 1700. See Post 15.
8. Go to: http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...thkey=CJmPqOcK
and put your DIS name at the bottom of the list - then put in the sizes you need for your wristbands (they are a free gift) and fill in any other information you would like to share!
9. If you want to be in the FE please email akblair@charter.net with your family info.
10. PM (Private Message) Sarah (Gismo1554) if you have any special occasions or birthdays that you are celebrating on board so she can put in our personal cruise Navigator.

Hope that gives you a good place to start. Any more questions, please ask away.

Noel

Some more medical issues.....this group is kind of scary....my DD was admitted to the hospital yesterday....she has a viral infection in her intestine and a serious infection in her colon....

Best wishes to your DD and I hope she's feeling much better soon!

That's very cool - I'm waaaay to disorganised for that. Tho' I did manage to co-ordinate my cardigan with my champagne cocktail at the Palo brunch last September... :rolleyes1

DSCF1415-1.jpg

I'm very impressed with your colour coordination! Do they have the on drinks menu the colour of the drinks so you can mix/match with your outfit? :rotfl:

I received my documents. I'm curious about one thing, though. Several people have mentioned one spouse getting theirs and still waiting on the other spouse's documents. (?) Ours came addressed to me since I booked in my name but we got luggage tags for both my husband and myself. This seems to me to mean that they consider this to be for both of us and nothing else will be coming. Is this not true for all of us? Just curious. :-)

We got two packets - one to Mum at her place and one to me and Robert and ours.

Anyway we arrive in BCN around 3 pm on the 16th. Does anyone have any plans to meet up on the 16th? We would love to meet up with some people.:banana: :woohoo:

Hi Bev - welcome! I think some people are going from the Praktik Ramblas (hotel) to the foundation on the 16th (though I don't know if anything has really been arranged for this formally?) and there is a meet on the 17th in the late afternoon at the Hard Rock hotel - check out the first couple of pages of this thread. There are also the incoming flight schedules so you could see if anyone is on your flight.

The vet called and Pepper is doing well after her surgery. We pick her up tonight. Now lets hope she is a good doggie and heals nicely. The first time she had this done she manged to rip all her stitches under her tummy and had to be stitched up all over again. Last time was much better.

Get well wishes to Pepper too!

I`ve been in a planning mode for our post cruise 5 day stay in WDW. So lets say DH and I have been having a "discussion" ;) over tickets options. A one day ticket is now $87, times that by 4, a day in Epcot and one in MK, covert into GBP and that comes to £232

Have you looked at getting perhaps a 10 day pass with non-expiry and you could use it on your next trip?

Some more medical issues.....this group is kind of scary....my DD was admitted to the hospital yesterday....she has a viral infection in her intestine and a serious infection in her colon....they were trying to treat it with antibiotics by mouth but it is beating her up so they put her in the hospital....doctor said she is pretty sick and will be in the hospital through the weekend.....it seems so many of us traveling have some sort of medical problem or tragedy in our lives.....thank God I do not drink......and thank God it is happening now and not 5 weeks from now since she will be staying here and taking care of the house and the pets......
Tom

So sorry to hear this.Sending:grouphug:pixiedust: to you nad your family.

Annie

TIARAS ARRIVED TODAY. BOAS ARE SHIPPED! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I love it when a plan comes together!!!

Welcome!!! Noel has given the official welcome wagon information. Please join in the fun!!

Utah! We are practically neighbors. We live in Missoula, MT.

WELCOME to you and all the other newcomers I missed. We're Andrea and Greg from Virginia on our 4th Disney Cruise.

We are also leaving on the 15th to arrive in Barcelona on the 16th AND are staying at Le Meridien the 16th and 17th.

Andrea

No, but I do a great Doc Brown impression!

If you're at the DIS roll call on the first day, I'm willing to bet you'll be able to identify me! ;)

I will. I met ya before... ;)
IMGP1152.jpg

I'm very impressed with your colour coordination! Do they have the on drinks menu the colour of the drinks so you can mix/match with your outfit? :rotfl:
What can I tell you - it's a gift... :rolleyes1

Hello,

I am writing this on behalf of my inlaws, who will be on this WB Transatlantic Cruise, and they would love to attend the chapel services on Sundays on board the ship, if there will be a chapel service (I assume they would have this on board the ship).

They would love to hook up with anyone on here who might plan to attend a chapel service.

I am planning to set up an account here on the Dis boards for my inlaws so they can start writing into this board, even though it's very close to the sailing date, so if anyone replies to this and is planning or hoping to attend a chapel service on board the Magic while on the EB Transatlantic, let me know and maybe I can get my inlaws hooked up with you.

I'd love to go on this cruise, but my family will be going on the Panama Canal Cruise in January, so we'll have to save the transatlantic for a different time!

Have a wonderful trip everyone!!

-Kathy

I attended a nice service at Sessions on our cruise last year and have every intention of attending this again on this cruise if it is offered.

Sorry to hear they won't be sailing with us, but thanks for the updates. I have removed KellyJeanDVC, CACruisin', DDuckFan and NewDisneyDad from the active list. :sad1:

Of the other names on the list, CarsFans is the only one that submitted a photo, so I have e-mailed her asking for confirmation.

Glenn

I know that the Diswolds have posted quite recently and I think they even posted their room assignment so I think they are still on board.

who made up the transatlantic sign with the parchment backround and Pirate Mickey one side and a pirate on the other with the flags of the different countries we are visiting?

I would like to use the backround and the words with a few addtional flags for my B2B.

Please help! :confused:

I think this graphic was made by Brooklyn, who was supposed to be on this cruise, but then jumped ship for the EBTA and first Med cruise.

I GOT MY DOCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

I love the personalization and yes, I promise to catch up on all the reading tonight. I miss everyone!!! By the way, no Walt suite for me, still 6511!!:rotfl2:

I am glad that you got your documents.

Hi everyone,

We are looking forward to meeting many of you on the ship this coming September!

One of our favorite events on the ship is Pirate Night. Does anyone know what night of the the cruise Pirate Night will be for the WB Transatlantic?

Thanks!

Welcome on board.

I`ve been in a planning mode for our post cruise 5 day stay in WDW. So lets say DH and I have been having a "discussion" ;) over tickets options. A one day ticket is now $87, times that by 4, a day in Epcot and one in MK, covert into GBP and that comes to £232 :scared1:
On a more positive note have got the dining plan booked. I wonder if they`ll let us stay onboard another 5 days :laughing:

I am lucky in this respect. We got off the Magic on October 10th 2009 and I got myself a annual pass with DVC discount. This is still valid for the post cruise stay this time round.

Corinna - the jewelry packet arrived today!!! Can't wait until I can see the finished product!

Thanks for letting me know. I have updated the spreadsheet.

Welcome on board.

Corinna

Some more medical issues.....this group is kind of scary....my DD was admitted to the hospital yesterday....she has a viral infection in her intestine and a serious infection in her colon....they were trying to treat it with antibiotics by mouth but it is beating her up so they put her in the hospital....doctor said she is pretty sick and will be in the hospital through the weekend.....it seems so many of us traveling have some sort of medical problem or tragedy in our lives.....thank God I do not drink......and thank God it is happening now and not 5 weeks from now since she will be staying here and taking care of the house and the pets......
Tom

I hope that your daughter will make a speedy recovery.

I received my documents. I'm curious about one thing, though. Several people have mentioned one spouse getting theirs and still waiting on the other spouse's documents. (?) Ours came addressed to me since I booked in my name but we got luggage tags for both my husband and myself. This seems to me to mean that they consider this to be for both of us and nothing else will be coming. Is this not true for all of us? Just curious. :-)

We only ever got one set of documents. I think they send out multiple documents when there is more than one cabin involved, there are different family names or there are different contact addresses on the booking.

oh no ... dress doesn't fit .... it hovers about 4 inches from the floor and sticks out all strange like ... I suppose thats the hazard of buying from Ebay. Back it goes !!!! Better put formal dress back on the list LOL :rotfl2:

I am sorry that the dress does not fit. So far I have been lucky with this with my online purchases. I hope that you find something suitable soon.

Sitting in Barcelona airport on our way back from our Med cruise. 31 days til we come back. DW (Lorraine) is working an trip report, but anyone got any questions about the ship, entertainment, airport etc?

I hope that you had a wonderful time. What was your favourite port? It must be a great feeling getting off the ship knowing that you will be back on in exactly a month time. I know that when I was on the gangway getting off the Magic in May, I did a quick calculation to see how many days and weeks I had until I can get back on.

Corinna

I'm sure this might be posted somewhere but booking so late, I have no idea where to find things other than the first page. :confused3 Anyway, DD Lindsay and I are flying out of Newark on the 15th and have a 5 hours lay over in Belgium (hope we can get Belgium waffles in the airport for breakfast and Belgium chocolate - no calories) :rotfl2: Anyway we arrive in BCN around 3 pm on the 16th. Does anyone have any plans to meet up on the 16th? We would love to meet up with some people.:banana: :woohoo:

Some personnal info about me - I haven't been on the Disboards:surfweb: much and I know there are old friends :grouphug:(not age wise) that we are looking forward to seeing and making new friends. My mom had Alzheimer's and my DD spent the alot of time with her and watching her especially when I was at work. I got married :lovestruc on the Disney Wonder :bride: one year ago, May 22. Even though everyone said my mom shouldn't go with us, I took her and she was so happy to be at my wedding. :grouphug: In October, DD and I took her with us on a 7 day Magic cruise and she loved it. She was on the last Transatlantic:sail: cruise with us. Anyway, at the age of 92, she passed away on :sad:my first anniversary. :sad1: Then in June, my retina detache:cool2:d and I had emergency surgery and during this time, I booked this cruise and wasn't sure if my doctor would let me travel.:confused3 I got the go ahead. Yesterday I had laser surgery on my good eye to correct some problems that could led to a detached retina in my good eye. We usually go to the MNSSHH but we can't this year because I can't miss more time from work and I'm scheduled for cataract surgery on my bad eye since the retina surgery created a cataract. Anyway, if anyone has any eye problems, don't put it off. Make a doctor's appointment right away and don't play with your eyes. The sight you save can be your own. Okay, enough with the bad stuff.

So as you can see, we had a rough year. I can't begin to tell you how much we are looking forward to and excited to be going on this cruise:banana:. Just want to hang out with people, enjoy our 14th Disney cruise, can't wait to have the drink of the day (everyday:drinking1 ), celebrate our September birthdays:bday: and just have an awesome time:cheer2::dance3:.

Just curious, does anyone know who the CD is?

Can't wait to meet everyone. CYA real soon.

Bev:)

You really had a tough year and have deserved a cruise. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Ive worked it out, it took 4 hours but It didnt beat me:rotfl:

Well done for working this out.

Well done!!! :thumbsup2 I'm completely inept if not using a Mac so thought it best not to offer any suggestions... :laughing

I did not know that you were a Mac person as well. We changed over to a Mac about 4 years ago and I have not looked back since. Unfortunately at work, I have to put up with a PC.

Corinna, the jewellery package arrived today, thank you. :thumbsup2

Thanks for letting me know. I have updated the spreadsheet.

Corinna

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter