SEPT 2009 code watch

I am in! I also had 40% off last november. I received it via e-mail. we stayed at AKL. It was amazing- just a little far from MK.
:surfweb: Was hoping for another discount of any kind for this november? Any codes for this november?

This thread is folks watchin out for September 2009 discounts. I'm sure there is a Thread going you could join for November 2008 discount watchers! :thumbsup2

Good luck!
-mary

Has anyone gone to wdw in sept in the past? We did last year and the crowds were great! Anyone else, photos?

Has anyone gone to wdw in sept in the past? We did last year and the crowds were great! Anyone else, photos?

We were there last year (2007) 9/22 to 9/30 (8 great nights!) We stayed at POFQ - no kids trip (left the teens home!), it was my DH, me, and my in-laws (they live in Florida, and joined us - and, they both celebrated their birthdays while we were there). We enjoyed Free Dining and the Halloween Party, and treated my DH and FIL to the bass nitro fishing excursion - it was the only way I could get him to let me do this trip ;)

It was hot and humid, so we just made sure we didn't overdo it. It was good having the dining plan, because it forced us to go and sit and relax in the air conditioning quite a bit. We also left the park each day to shower and rest before our dinners. Don't forget love bug season! The love bugs arrived a couple of days before we left. Not bad at all in the parks, but the pool area had a lot of them.
-mary

DisneySept07261.jpg

DisneySept07027.jpg

DisneySept07221.jpg

DisneySept07073.jpg

DisneySept07142.jpg

Here are the love bugs!

lovebugs07.jpg

Mary we were at wdw the same week last year! I also sent dh and df fishing, they loved it. I am promising richard petty driving this time. I had my parents with us and ds turned 1 during our trip. I remember the heat but we did fine, I did not see love bugs. We stayed at the Poly. I am new to posting photos but I will try.
view from poly

P9240085.jpg

ds first time on small world
P9220045.jpg

DS first haircut at MK barber shop
P9260057.jpg

We are going in a few weeks for FD but are hoping while we are there they offer a bounce back for next year, room only discount at AKL for September.

It doesn't hurt to hope.

We were there Sept 14th till the 23rd last year... free dining was great!!! and we had a blast, no crowds... it was fantastic!!! I can't wait until September 2009 to go back to my happy place!!!!!;)

MARY-IN-OH... Did you take that picture of the pool from your room? That would be the best room....:thumbsup2

I'm in for sept '09 codes or free dining we will be at least 8 and staying at Pop tenatative dates sept 12th thru 20th!Are the 40% off codes more likely if you order a dvd, or not? I am also planning a Feb, March or May solo trip! What are the chances of me getting a Bounce Back offer and could I get more than 1 room with it should I get it.I am thinking with 8 of us the free dining might be a better deal! What do you think?

I'm in for sept '09 codes or free dining we will be at least 8 and staying at Pop tenatative dates sept 12th thru 20th!Are the 40% off codes more likely if you order a dvd, or not? I am also planning a Feb, March or May solo trip! What are the chances of me getting a Bounce Back offer and could I get more than 1 room with it should I get it.I am thinking with 8 of us the free dining might be a better deal! What do you think?

I think it will depend on where you want to stay. For us last time the %40 was better than the Free dining, we had 2 rooms at the Poly and we were paying for it all as a gift to my parents, anyhow when Fd came out I called and when we ran the numbers that is how it worked out for us. Decisions ,decisions, free dining, %40 off, :goodvibes I hope we have to choose when the time comes! I would assume they have to offer something.

Don't worry, as long as you check in to the disboards you will hear about free dining if offered. You will be one of the first to call disney to change your reservation to free dining, again "if offered". It won't be a problem at Pop. And, yes you can wait to add dining until later. I think I'd wait till they announce free dining (I'd guess early to mid April for announcement if they do it the same as they have in previous years). And if for some reason there is no free dining in 09 you can add it later.

You can still make your ADR's though as soon as permitted whether or not you have dining makes no difference. When you add free or paid dining, you just tell disney you already have your reservations.

Sounds like a plan! Now I just have to wait :rolleyes1 until the 2009 rates are available online (I'm hearing Mid-August)...

I'd like to join the code watch too!! We are starting to plan a trip for Aug 31-Sept. 5, 2009. We are thinking right now about a moderate (Probably POFQ) but if we can get 40% off maybe I can convince my DH to go back to WL :yay: Right now he's making me wait until the regular 2009 rates come out next month. I don't quite know why, we are going to go anyway! :rotfl:

Dona

I think it will depend on where you want to stay. For us last time the %40 was better than the Free dining, we had 2 rooms at the Poly and we were paying for it all as a gift to my parents, anyhow when Fd came out I called and when we ran the numbers that is how it worked out for us. Decisions ,decisions, free dining, %40 off, :goodvibes I hope we have to choose when the time comes! I would assume they have to offer something.

We will be staying at Pop, I guesstimated the #,s figuring they would only give the free CS meal and if I upped it to Basic The DDp is still the best for 8 of us Have to wait and see what they offer !! Anyone know if you get a bounce back offer is that still just 1 code ??

MARY-IN-OH... Did you take that picture of the pool from your room? That would be the best room....:thumbsup2

Nope, we were more on the side with the river. I think there were four floors, we were on the top floor. I remember that every time we walked out of our room, our glasses and video camera fogged up! The humidity was very, lets say, "tropical" !! ;)

Here is more of what our view was (we were one room away from a corner room), so this is actually a few left from our door. This resort was very peaceful. Was glad to have free dining to justify spending more for a moderate.

pofqview1.jpg

pofqview2.jpg

-mary

Well it seems that the new $$$ for 2009 will be out this weekend if all the rumors are true. I am a little afraid to see the non-discounted rate but I guess that I need to prepare for the worst, just in case no discounts become available,:scared1: I do have AAA so I guess I can fall back on that if need be. I don't know much about AAA rates I need to check it out.

Hi Joining this thread too. MY DH and I are planning a trip Sept 13th - Sept 23 2009 at the CSR.

who was planning this far in advance!

I'll be going Sept 8 - 14, most likely styaing at the POP again (DD10 loved it!)

Here's hoping for codes or something!

:lmao: We are going THIS September and are already planning for next September. We will book while on property if the free DDP bounceback is offered. And if we get a code we will give up the free DDP for a cheaper room rate so we can stay at a deluxe or moderate. We are going to purchase an AP for next year so a code would be nice.

We are planning a trip for next September as well. We are DVC members so I am not familar with the codes and discounts. However, I don't think we are going to use our points. So if I book the vacation when the 2009 rates come out soon, I can modify the reservation to apply any discount code I might get in the future? And if I don't get a code I can then apply for AAA or change to free dining when that is announced?

Also we are paying out of pocket in December and January at CBR and Poly so is there a possibility I could get a bounceback offer and it would be good for September?

We are planning a trip for next September as well. We are DVC members so I am not familar with the codes and discounts. However, I don't think we are going to use our points. So if I book the vacation when the 2009 rates come out soon, I can modify the reservation to apply any discount code I might get in the future? And if I don't get a code I can then apply for AAA or change to free dining when that is announced?

Also we are paying out of pocket in December and January at CBR and Poly so is there a possibility I could get a bounceback offer and it would be good for September?

Yep! You can modify to add a code, the only time I've seen problems, is if it is done later and that discount might not be available for the resort you want. But since you watch the disboards, you won't be "late"!! :goodvibes

As far as bounceback, yes it is possible...there has been bounceback for December trips for the September free dining. I remember (when we went) in 2006 there were folks flying down for 1 night so they could sign up for the bounceback! I do not remember if there was a bounceback this past December for the following September.

You have a lot of trips planned!!! Enjoy them all !! :thumbsup2
-mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter