Sept 24, 2005 It's early but I had to tell somebody!

Hello Peggy,
Yes, we will be on the boat with you. I was wondering how soon someone would start a thread being its soo far away.

This is our 2nd Disney Cruise but first 7night western also.
We took the 3night last sept and absolutley fell in love with cruising and DCL.

Its hard to think its still over a year away:( :(

Kim

Hello Kim,
Glad to see that someone else will be on board. We are very excited about the western. I hope this year goes by fast. My 4 year is ready to go now!
It is nice to have something as great as a 7 night disney cruise to look forward to but it is a long time.
We are a family of 5. DH, DS(14), DD (10) and DS (4).

:crazy: pirate: :earsboy: :earsgirl: ::MickeyMo

Hi Peggy,:wave:
We're trying not to think about the cruise too much at this point. I am pre planning though, thinking about excursions and researching.
We are a family of 4 myself, DH, DD (10), and DD (8).

I don't think the reality of it has hit DD's yet. They know we are going but I don't know if they realize its for a whole week this time. We did land and sea last time. Luckely there's been lots going on to keep them preoccupied.

I hope the year fly's by too. Anticipation makes time go by soo slow.:(

I'm REALLY! excited about seeing the Western Carribean.

Kim

My hubby and I will be joining you--celebrating his birthday on the day we get off the ship! :( This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and we're leaving the kiddos at home this time. They're not real happy about that!

Denise

Hi Denise,
Glad to see more people will be joining us. Is this your first Western? Awesome birthday present. My kiddo's would be pretty upset if we went with out them too. They have just this week started talking about the upcoming cruise.

Does anyone have their cabin assignments yet??

Kim

We did the 4 night back in February. Next February (2005), we're doing the Eastern with the kids. That's the only way we got past the guilt of not taking them in September!

We've been assigned cabin 7067.

Denise

Our cabin is on deck 2.....20??.....we requested the same cabin we had on the wonder.
I know its soo far away but just wondering if anyone was planning excursions yet???
We have picked a few so they can be added to our budget and saved for.
Definitely Stringray City in Grand Cayman...Paradise beach in Cozumel.....maybe a golf cart tour of Key West, DH is interested in trying Parasailing so maybe that in KW.........

Just some ideas......

KIM

Hi Kim and Denise,
We will be in the same cabins as we were on our first Wonder cruise 2635 and 2637.
We had a port hole last time (2nd cruise) but was never in the room long enough to enjoy looking out and the kids said the don't care. Maybe we will luck up and get upgraded but if we don't at least I know I will like our cabins.
Kim,
We are thinking about the stingray and maybe the beach. I kinda want to have a clue also so we can save for it. The kids are talking about the cruise every day. Only 400 more to go.:( That is okay still alot of planning to do. Plus it gives us time to know each other.
Denise,
Congrads. on going without the kids would never get to do that. Would love to someday, but guess I will have to wait until they are grown. But by then they will just have their own cabins.:teeth: They love these ships as much as I do. :earseek:

How do you plan on dressing on the formal and smi formal nights?

Peggy,
Upgrades would be fabulous. On our 3day last year we had booked cat 12 gty and were upgraded to a large porthole cat 9. Our DD's LOVED watching the ocean thru the porthole, during the day and night, we were also able to see our arrival in port. So I decided since we got such a good price for this 7day we would do the porthole again. Hey now maybe we will be upgraded again for a Veranda!!!!!! ::yes:: ::yes::
For formal and semi formal I am pretty sure I won't be able to squeeze DH into a tux with out more complaining than I want to endure on a vacation, so I will probably settle for jacket and tie. I'm sure he will have the jacket off the moment we are seated at our table. I have heard Jacket and tie are acceptable, not all men wear tux's.
I am still working on my own attire, hoping to rework some of what I have in my closet and locate a nice, dressy summer dress next spring. JC Penny clearanced a bunch this past summer but by the time I found them they were out of my size.:mad:
Need to pick up new summer dresses for DD's too. Presently I can't keep up with their growth spurts:confused3 :confused3

Did anyone request dinner seating??? We have requested Late since the girls are older now and don't want to be rushed to get to dinner.

Kim

DH & I will be joining you for our first Disney cruise. We will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary. We are huge WDW fans starting with our honeymoon at the Poly almost 30 years ago! We will be returning to the Poly next year, too. We are both looking forward to all that we have planned for next year! And meeting new people!

Donna & David

Kim,
We have the early seating. My youngest will just be turning 4 on Monday. If we don't do the early he will be asleep. The older kids wanted late too.
I am going to try for a tux it will be a great family picture I think. But who knows. I will be doing some shopping for sure. All three kids have grown a foot this summer.

Welcome Donna and David,
30 years! That is great. A cruise with Mickey is the way I would celebrate too. I bet you will love the ship. Have you ever cruised any other line? We love to sail with disney. My kids would pick it over anything. DH too. This is a great site to help with question. I use to just read and never post. But now I am getting into posting. If you ever need any help I would be happy to if I can.

Happy to see more people are joining in. I know I couldn't be the only one on the Magic that week.

Hi Peggy,
Thank you very much for the very warm welcome! DH & I are not seasoned cruisers. We have only cruised one other time and that was when our youngest was just a baby. He is now 21, so that tells you how long it has been! We are so excited! DH checks this forum every day to get pointers! As fast as this year has gone by, Sept. 2005 will be here before we know it!

Donna

Hi Everyone, Welcome Donna,
I'm glad to see more will be on our cruise.
I'm really wishing the cruise was 2004 not 2005. Could really use a vacation about now..........Trying to get DD's ready to go back to school::yes:: ::yes:: ......This staying up late and sleeping late all summer is becomnig a hard habit to break:earseek: :earseek: . I told DH the first 2 weeks of school are going to be insane.

But such is life......
What are everyone's plans for travel to port.....any arriving the day before? How are you getting to port?? ETC.......
We will be arriving the evening before......coming from the west coast our travel day is a FULL day of multiple planes....we usually don't arrive at MCO till 7 or 8pm. Will be staying at Best Western Airport inn by MCO and picking up 1way budget car rental from MCO in am to drive to port. (this is same thing we did in 2003).

Kim

Kim,
We are not sure at this time how we will travel down to Fl. The pass couple of cruises we have drove from Tennessee to Fl. but this time we are thinking about flying. A couple of airlines will be flying non stop from Knoxville then with about a 1 1/2 hours fly time. Sounds better than 12 hours driving. We have never flown (DH has) so it will be a first. Kinda wondering how that will go. If we do fly we will then go to the Cocoa Beach area for the night. I have to wait for the dates and prices to come out to see for sure.
Is it hard to rent a car at MCO once there? How far is the rental place and which rentals are there? What about at the port once you get back from the cruise?
The 7 night may be new for us all the way around.

I wish the cruise was 2004 too.:(

Hi everyone,
Sorry to have been away from the boards for soo long.
Peggy,
I don't know exactly how many car rental are at MCO but you can put it in the web site to see if one you are interested has it. Maybe they could answer that on the other cruise board.
We used Budget, it was the cheapest and I used a walmart discount code (I can give to you if you want) it was about $35-40 for a car the size of a Taurus, beware they consider that a large car not midsize.
Renting at MCO and when you get back into port was very easy, they provide free shuttle service from port to the car pickup. The car rental place at MCO is on the same level as the Luggage pickup very close.

I am kind of glad we are not cruising this Sept. I can't believe how many hurricanes they have had.:( :(

But still wishing it was closer.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kim

Hi All,

My husband and I are also on this cruise! This will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We just booked it while we were on the Wonder during Hurricane Jeanne, Sept. 23 to 27. I will be posting a trip report for it soon. This will be our first Western cruise, but because of Hurricane Jeanne we have already been to Cozumel. We did not like the Cozumel Ruins & Beach Tour because we felt rushed at the beach. We will probably try snorkling in Cozumel next time. We have stateroom 6503, cat. 11. I stopped by to see it before breakfast the last morning. It was open and already clean. It actually seemed bigger than our last room 7009, cat. 11. By the way, 7009 was noisy. My husband will wear his tux since he loves it. We will have late dinner seating again. It is during my husbands birthday again. We will be driving to Port Canaveral like last time, but we may get a hotel room the night before near the port. We had to get up pretty early this time to get there by 11:30am. By the way, we disembarked the ship in Port Everglades near Fort Lauderdale and had to ride the Disney bus 4 hours to get our car. Not fun! Tip for the bus ride, sit in view of at least 2 tvs. We could only see the front most tv, and it did not work. But it is so much cheaper to travel in September at the height of hurricane season that we are willing to risk it again next year. Disney automatically changed guests' flights to leave out of Fort Lauderdale for those passengers that booked through them. Others had to wait in a long line at Guest services to change their flights. Oh and the 4-night cruise after us is now only a 3-night cruise that may only go to sea, no ports. I am glad to see so many on this cruise. No one responded to my Cruise Meets post for our last cruise.

------------------
Magic 7-night Eastern, April 2001
Wonder 4-night hurricane Jeanne cruise to Cozumel, Sept 2004
Magic 7-night Western, September 2005

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter