Sept / Oct 2011

We've bought a few things with Land's end and have been very happy with their quality and price. They are very good with honouring faults etc. Shipping is flat $28 for purchases up to $100. Might be worth "sharing" a purchase with someone else to cut down on shipping if you're keen to buy stuff but don't have enough to get to $100 IYKWIM.

Us too Shushh - only that SIL needed some stuff for DN I wouldn't of bothered. She was looking with me at the time when we found a winter coat for her DD who is off to NZ in a couple of weeks. Funny I don't need anything for any of us otherwise at present.

OK I just booked our domestic flight to NYC and our accomodation there and it is PAID IN FULL :cool1:

Was the most stressful thing I have done since I booked our international flights - but now I feel exhilerated!

I anyone stumbles across a great deal for flights from Sydney to Orlando can you please let me know. We flying out on 5 September.

:goodvibes

We're waiting for some fare discounts as well, I have a great travel agent on the case, she said to wait until after March 31 for Aust/US return fares. Not sure if they'll "war" like they did in 2009 when fares were ridiculously low, but they're way too high right now.

Just checked the Qantas site, and the flights I wanted have gone UP!!!:scared1:

What is with that! And they are saying that there is "fewer than 5 seats" on the flight home I want.

I do not know what to do! :confused3

Return flight is now more than $1600...

Any advice folks...do you think the price will go down!?!??!

Just reading your quote "wet shoes" for DW in Sept! We are also going in Sept 6-29 are you wanting wet shoes for the wet parks or is it usually wet in Orlando in Sept ?

Just reading your quote "wet shoes" for DW in Sept! We are also going in Sept 6-29 are you wanting wet shoes for the wet parks or is it usually wet in Orlando in Sept ?

Shoes for rain. Most days in Sept, especially early one, almost guaranteed to rain each day. From what I can tell either short sharp downfalls of perhaps 30 minutes or steady all day rain. Best I can compare to is Darwin in wet season, but hurricanes are more in August and rarely in September.

I thought I'd try to get some shoes that would dry out pretty quickly for those wet days! Or it's good insurance that having them means I won't need to use them ;)

It can sometimes be wet but it's a bit hit and miss. One thing that CAN be guaranteed is heat and humidity. Have been for 10 days each in both Sept 2009 and Sept 2010 and had only one rainy day in 09 and a couple of half rainy days in 10, but nothing tragic. It's tropical, so the weather is changeable.

We wear crocs, suits all weathers.

Just checked the Qantas site, and the flights I wanted have gone UP!!!:scared1:

What is with that! And they are saying that there is "fewer than 5 seats" on the flight home I want.

I do not know what to do! :confused3

Return flight is now more than $1600...

Any advice folks...do you think the price will go down!?!??!

Nobody can ever say for sure what may happen with airfares but considering what has happened in the past few years it's still very earlky days for Sept flights an dthey will highly likely go down. Best time to buy for the last couple of years has been April and May.

It can sometimes be wet but it's a bit hit and miss. One thing that CAN be guaranteed is heat and humidity. Have been for 10 days each in both Sept 2009 and Sept 2010 and had only one rainy day in 09 and a couple of half rainy days in 10, but nothing tragic. It's tropical, so the weather is changeable.

We wear crocs, suits all weathers.

Thanks Oz-kateer. That sounds better. It's all wet wet wet on the other parts of the boards and Accuweather for September!

I to wanted cheap airfares from Aus to Orlando offered $1940 rtn, didn't like the price and didn't have the courage to wait an see, so got Melb - LAX rtn $1300 with advice to wait till May/June to book internal flights....

Thanks for the weather update, I will check closer to Sept and make sure I pack the Crocs!

I to wanted cheap airfares from Aus to Orlando offered $1940 rtn, didn't like the price and didn't have the courage to wait an see, so got Melb - LAX rtn $1300 with advice to wait till May/June to book internal flights....

Take care if you book your trip as an international flight and then a domestic flight separately with regard to baggage allowances - factor the cost of your bags into the flight - what can seem like a bargain domestic flight can add up.

If your LAX/SFO/DFW to Orlando leg is part of your international fare then bags are included.

Also, if you get a cheap domestic flight, confirm confirm confirm what their policy is if you miss your connection for any reason - is there any refund? Automatic bumping to another flight? etc. Or is a no-show simply a full forfeit? Especially relevant if your domestic flight airline and your international flight airline are not partner airlines.

Thanks for the advice, I have tried to leave enought time between flights
4-1/2 for LAX to SFO and will keep an eye on other flights by internet when there.

:banana::cool1:

As everyone is searching and flying on different airlines throughout America could you please give me your opinion on better/worse airlines (not the seats or food) but the service and reliability? Is there an airline you would not use no matter how cheap?

Thanks

We are planning to leave N.Z on 29 September next year and fly to Orlando. We have 9 nights booked at POR with free dining and then we move offsite (not sure where yet) for 6 nights with a rental car. During this time we will do the Universal parks, Sea World and shopping. Then we drive to Cape Canaveral where we will visit the Kennedy Space Centre and spend 1 night before boarding Freedom of the Sea's for our 7 night Western Caribbean cruise. We fly home after that. We've booked POR and the cruise but can't quite do the flights - nearly at booking time for them though :cool1:

How did you get free dining? and have you been to Cape Canaveral before?

How did you get free dining? and have you been to Cape Canaveral before?

We booked last August when there was a free dining out. We originally planned to start our holiday on Saturday 01 October but the free dining was only for check-ins by 29 September so we shifted our holiday to two days earler in order to get free dining for the whole stay :cool1:

No, we have not been to Cape Canaveral before so looking forward to it :thumbsup2

Just booked our ADR's for September:banana: can't believe how easy it was. I have booked the following:-

Day 1 Crystal Palace breakfast
Day 2 Tusker House Lunch
Day 3 Tony's Magic Kingdom Dinner (still undecided if I will keep this one)
Day 4 Ohana Dinner (my birthday :goodvibes)
Day 5 Via Napoli Lunch
Day 6 Cape May Dinner (as we are staying at Beach Club)
Day 7 Sci Fi Diner Lunch
Day 8 Is our rest day so will just do CS meals this day
Day 9 Cape May Breakfast and Teppan Edo Dinner
Day 10 Departure Day - depends on Flight times to what I book

I may still change a few but I am happy with my choices at this stage.
:)

Just booked our ADR's for September:banana: can't believe how easy it was. I have booked the following:-

Day 1 Crystal Palace breakfast
Day 2 Tusker House Lunch
Day 3 Tony's Magic Kingdom Dinner (still undecided if I will keep this one)
Day 4 Ohana Dinner (my birthday :goodvibes)
Day 5 Via Napoli Lunch
Day 6 Cape May Dinner (as we are staying at Beach Club)
Day 7 Sci Fi Diner Lunch
Day 8 Is our rest day so will just do CS meals this day
Day 9 Cape May Breakfast and Teppan Edo Dinner
Day 10 Departure Day - depends on Flight times to what I book

I may still change a few but I am happy with my choices at this stage.
:)
Look's good. How exciting. :cool1:

Is it now just sitting back and waiting??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter