Sept/Oct Code watch

blestmom said:
I'm hoping to get back in September. It will be me and 5 kids. We went last September, NO dining plan, and even though it was HOT, it was so uncrowded that we loved it. We were thinking of going in January 2007, but the kids would rather go this September. So I'll be watching for codes, too!

Blestmom what dates in Sept did you go???

I will be there Sept 23/Oct 1st!! POR-- saved 264.00 w/ AAA.

I am expecting heat and LOW crowds.

:smokin: Maddhatir :hippie:

We are hoping to go over Halloween this year (we already have our costumes!) and would like to stay at POR. However, the prices are so much higher for this trip than our last trip in Dec, I was shocked. We got very lucky last year with a discount code and it being value season - saved substantially. I guess I got spoiled.
:(

maddhatir said:
Blestmom what dates in Sept did you go???

I will be there Sept 23/Oct 1st!! POR-- saved 264.00 w/ AAA.

I am expecting heat and LOW crowds.

:smokin: Maddhatir :hippie:

We were there September 21-October 5 last year.

Hi,

We are looking to return to WDW from Sept 23rd through the 30th. I have not booked anything yet as so far the best I can do for a deluxe is $184.50 a night at the S/D with an AP discount.

Has anyone gotten a deluxe with a AAA rate for less than $200 a night? What are the moderates going for with a AAA rate?

What's Up?

post #1 here. My whole family is headed down from Oct 21-28. Been there in Oct before and that's why I'm going the same time. Weather is good crowds are lower. Unless you go the week they open up Mission: Space and Mickey's Filharmagic. Like me in '03.

Gonna book everything through AAA. I'm planning on going to Pop Century. Is this a good Idea or are there better ways to save some $$? The rest of the fam will be spread all over the parks. I'm going back and forth between Pop and Port Orleans-French Quarter. Would like to go to PO but I'm trying to keep some of the costs down.

Really looking for some suggestions.

subscribing. Also spoiled by the free dining promo (am paying for it for out trip in May...Disney people are so smart!) and hoping for something like it again.

October 4-9 for us...birthday bash for me (you're never too old, right?). Hoping to stay at a deluxe, preferrably GF. Anybody know what the historical AP discounts for fall at a deluxe?

I'm in... we are going to try and make a short trip in late October for my 30th bday :woohoo:

LazyDuck said:
What's Up?

post #1 here. My whole family is headed down from Oct 21-28. Been there in Oct before and that's why I'm going the same time. Weather is good crowds are lower. Unless you go the week they open up Mission: Space and Mickey's Filharmagic. Like me in '03.

Gonna book everything through AAA. I'm planning on going to Pop Century. Is this a good Idea or are there better ways to save some $$? The rest of the fam will be spread all over the parks. I'm going back and forth between Pop and Port Orleans-French Quarter. Would like to go to PO but I'm trying to keep some of the costs down.

Really looking for some suggestions.

Welcome to the DIS!!!

I haven't stayed at Pop but I can tell you that French Quarter is wonderful!!! It's our favorite moderate resort.

LazyDuck--Do you have your own car? Do you plan on spending most of your time in the parks, not at the hotel? If you answer yes then you should be just fine at POP. My family stays at the moderates because we like to take breaks during the day to enjoy the pool. But if you plan on being more commando save your money and stay at a value. :wave:

Count me in o this htread, although I am from Canada so the AP and AAA won't apply to me, we do have CAA though. I'll have to check them out. We are going Oct. 8-15 for our honeymoon! Can decide where to stay yet though. I'd love the Poly but way too pricey at regular rate. It will probably be a value or a moderate.

Tiffany said:
Has anyone gotten a deluxe with a AAA rate for less than $200 a night? What are the moderates going for with a AAA rate?

We are doing a split stay and the last four days of our trip 9/30-10/4 we have a AAA rate of 187/nite Standard at AKL.

TyRy said:
We are doing a split stay and the last four days of our trip 9/30-10/4 we have a AAA rate of 187/nite Standard at AKL.

Thanks TyRy. Is that $187 a night including taxes?

i wouldnt think disney would offer free dining during the food and wine festival- do you?? :confused3

When did they offer the free dining last year, 2005?-- or do you mean 2004?

did they just do that to get back the tourists after the hurricane??

Thanks
:hippie: Maddhatir :smokin:

I hope the weather, bills, and children (will stay with my ex) behave themselves enough to get DH and I there 9/8-9/18. Since we didn't get any free dining last Oct, I'd love a treat this year!

I'm subscribing too! :wave2:

We went last year October 3rd to 13th on the free dining plan.
While my plan is go in January 07 this time around, I most certainly will change those plans if a deal even close to that comes around again - If we get a great deal, I won't need those extra months to save money :woohoo:

Kelly

Count me in as well. Just got back from Pop Century for a week and now planning to go back in September. It was pretty crowded last week for January. I prefer September low crowds!!
:wave2:
Disnemimi

kelsco99 said:
I'm subscribing too! :wave2:

We went last year October 3rd to 13th on the free dining plan.
While my plan is go in January 07 this time around, I most certainly will change those plans if a deal even close to that comes around again - If we get a great deal, I won't need those extra months to save money :woohoo:

Kelly

What exactly was the free dining plan that everyone is refering to? :confused3

Just subscribing. We were originally planning a dec 06 trip but thoughts of Food and Wine and maybe a few days at the beach are making me lean towards October. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter