September 2008 code watch

When are you leaving for your Sept. vacation?

• Aug 28 or earlier

• Sept 1st-7th

• Sept 8th-14th

• Sept 15th-21st

• Sept 22nd-28th

• Sept 29th- first week of Oct.

Results are only viewable after voting.
just got back and we did get the free dining offer for next year but were too broke and didn't get to book it.hoping for free dining next september. have ressies set for sept. 20-27:woohoo: hope so!:love:

How many are currently booked? I book our Aug '07 trip last november, but that trip was a lot more expensive then our next trip will be and it took a lot of time to pay for.......wondering when I should book our September 2008 trip??:goodvibes

We will be doing the REPO cruise next year, and will be spending a bit at WDW afterwards.
Amor4Pooh

I am thinking about a Septermber 2008 trip as well, but I wonder if there are room-only codes for that time. It seems like Free Dining will be the only promotion, or am I wrong? I am hoping to stay CSR, WL, or maybe Contemporary if I hit the jackpot and get something like $200 a night.

I'm new to code watching and in the past have just sucked it up and paid full price. Any tips?

I am thinking about a Septermber 2008 trip as well, but I wonder if there are room-only codes for that time. It seems like Free Dining will be the only promotion, or am I wrong? I am hoping to stay CSR, WL, or maybe Contemporary if I hit the jackpot and get something like $200 a night.

You know, I was thinking about this over the past few days...

I was originally hoping for the free dining promo too, but with the 'updates' to the plan of $1 less p/p but exclusion of the appetizer/tip, the fact that you're only getting meals based on the # of nights of your stay (not days) and the fact that inevitably you're one meal short per day (if you're a 3 square meal kind of person), I'm not so sure this adds up to be a good deal for us.

For our trip next year I figured out:
1. a budget with the dining plan (both free and not free)
AND
2. a budget for an 'a la carte' trip without the dining plan/package. True we'll have fewer sit down meals but there's really only 5 restaurants we're planning on going to. This figured my AAA discount on the room (@ AKL) plus the remaining individual costs (tickets, dining 'budget', etc.)

#2 ended up being much less expensive! I think that's what we might end up doing.

I'm new to code watching and in the past have just sucked it up and paid full price. Any tips?

We went a few weeks ago on a room-only code that had some of the deluxes for $149, moderates for $109/night so I'm hoping to have that same pixie dust again for next year too.

We went a few weeks ago on a room-only code that had some of the deluxes for $149, moderates for $109/night so I'm hoping to have that same pixie dust again for next year too.

Count me in for that, too!

When were any discounts announced last year for Sept? I know free dining was in April.

hey two owls are you refering to the 40% code!! if so would you mind sharing when that was released and was it a pin code??

thanks in advance~
Jill L:)

Yes it was the 40% off. It was a public code, if I am not mistaken it came out the last week of June. Expedia was also booking rooms, so when people couldn't get in with Disney, they booked with Expedia.

I'd like to be in on codes for next September as well please. I'm looking more for room codes than dining codes. We're not that hooked on doing the dining plan because we tend to pick during the day and eat 1 big meal at night, so it's not really that economical for us unless it's free, then we might use it... We'd (my boyfriend and I) would like to try and get in somewhere that can get us a king bed (those double beds just kill us, we're in a long distance relationship to begin with, nothing is worse than having the anticipation build of being together, then being so far apart in the rooms! We just can't seem to figure out how to share those little beds at All Star Music). We want to go for 10+ days so anything above a value/moderate is out.

Subbing! We are planning our first trip for Sept. 2008 and I would love ANYTHING that would convince my husband that I am not bankrupting us. ;)

Just got back from POR with free dining and had a blast. Here's hoping they do it again for next year for our annual trip.

subscribing as well. We just got back and booked the bounceback deal at SSR but I'm pretty sure a better code will pop up.:thumbsup2

Do you really think a better code/deal than the bounceback will pop up?? We too booked the bounceback..I can't imagine a better deal if you want the dining plan..which we do..although I would love to try a deluxe if we could afford it!

I guess it's hard to say as this year ds was only 2 so he was a freebie and next year we have to pay for him:sad2: I guess I'm just dreaming of a better deal. Also with the meal plan changes it might be better for us to go another route. I'm not that hooked on the food at the World, in fact I ate less than I do at home!! Of course, that could have been the stress of trying to keep ds, dd and dh all happy:rotfl:

Subscribing. We are off on a 5 day on the Magic in Sept and would like to spend a couple of days at the parks either before or after. Discount codes would be great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter