September 2008 code watch

When are you leaving for your Sept. vacation?

• Aug 28 or earlier

• Sept 1st-7th

• Sept 8th-14th

• Sept 15th-21st

• Sept 22nd-28th

• Sept 29th- first week of Oct.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You might want to make sure it will cover your flights last year when I looked into the insurance (I read the blue insurance pamphlet they sent me) it said that flights were covered only if you booked it through Disney but not if you booked it yourself.

In March 2007, DH and I were booked to take my parents to WDW for 8 days. We booked through a TA and bought the insurance because of my parents ages..77 and 82. My mother ended up in the hospital 2 days before our departure....with a very, very very bad ear infection. Totally wiped her out, loss of balance, fever, etc.
DH and I went on the trip, (my Mom insisted) but Mom and Dad filed an insurance claim and got all of their $$$ back from WDW and the airline!!!

I wasn't sure about the travel insurance thru Disney either but when I researched it I found that it also covered my flight insurance even though we booked that stuff all on our own (not thru Disney).
$69 to cover all seemed like a better deal when I saw that...especially during hurricane season...but I'm certainly no expert!

When I looked into it on the Disney site it said it ONLY covered flights if boooked through Disney.

I have a question - a little off topic:

I have booked a reservation with Disney in Sept for Free Dining. I had orgininaly wanted to book with a travel agentcy, but didn't want to wait for the email tag of getting a qoute and then booking for fear of not getting what i wanted for F.D.

Can I switch my ressie over to a T.A.? Is it even worth it? Could I get a better deal with a T.A? I thought it would be good just so I have someone else looking over the deals and ressies other than myself!!

Thanks!!

I have a question - a little off topic:

I have booked a reservation with Disney in Sept for Free Dining. I had orgininaly wanted to book with a travel agentcy, but didn't want to wait for the email tag of getting a qoute and then booking for fear of not getting what i wanted for F.D.

Can I switch my ressie over to a T.A.? Is it even worth it? Could I get a better deal with a T.A? I thought it would be good just so I have someone else looking over the deals and ressies other than myself!!

Thanks!!

Personally, I don't see why you would need a TA at this stage. You've booked everything you wanted, so that should do it. :confused3 JMHO

I did call Disney yesterday and was able to book Free Dining! :banana: We arrive on Set 20, so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to, but i did!!!

You can cancel the insurance without a problem, I did it before. They should have went over it with you, but often they don't. They have done it to me before and I was able to call and have it taken off. Your dates are the same as mine, maybe I will run into to you. Can't wait to see the mouse! :mickeyjum :goofy: :donald: :dancer:

FYI- I booked with insurance and was told I had 14 days to decide if I wanted to cancel it.

I wasn't sure about the travel insurance thru Disney either but when I researched it I found that it also covered my flight insurance even though we booked that stuff all on our own (not thru Disney).
$69 to cover all seemed like a better deal when I saw that...especially during hurricane season...but I'm certainly no expert!

You might want to make sure it will cover your flights last year when I looked into the insurance (I read the blue insurance pamphlet they sent me) it said that flights were covered only if you booked it through Disney but not if you booked it yourself.

When I looked into it on the Disney site it said it ONLY covered flights if boooked through Disney.

DF and I booked it too because it states that it "now covers flights booked on your own, through a TA, or through Disney". With all these crazy flight situations going on, we just couldn't turn that down, plus the other benefits of having the insurance.....

I haven't gotten anything in writing yet, but when I booked the inurance through Disney earlier this week, thew CM definitely told me that my flights (booked on my own) were covered. She took all of my flight info and entered it into the computer. I think this is new , because I do remember that last year my flights were not covered.

I spoke to the CM about this to verify when I booked the free dining...
She said "the wording is confusing in the pamphlet but Disney's policies have changed and flights booked on your own ARE now covered as long as you are booking your vacation thru Disney (as opposed to booking it thru travelocity or the like)"

Ok. so I finally booked all but one day of ADRs. It kind of sucked that I waited so long because a few places , like chef mickey and ohana we could only get for 8 and 9pm at night.. which is late.. but thats ok.

On friday is MNSSHP which we want to attend, and during the day we were thnking of just chillin at the hotel and maybe some shopping at DTD before heading to MK that late afternoon/night. I havent booked ADR for that day.. does anyone have any suggestions? Im usually on top of this but Im kind of stuck, not sure what to do? so far we are going to....

Mama Melrose
OHana
50's Prime Time
Chef Mickey
Coral Reef (I couldnt get Lecellier =[ like I wanted )
Crystal Palace breakfast

micknpluto:
Yay! I'm glad you got your ADRs done! Keep trying to get LeCellier, you never know, people do cancel all the time!

Where are you staying again?:confused: If you plan on being at DTD that day, I'd suggest WPC unless you would be willing to travel to a resort for lunch. Or did you want dinner?

I'm full of advice if you want it!;)

We love 'Ohana. :lovestruc We do it our arrival day and it is always perfect! What are your dates? I think you arrive after we leave...

if looking for another character meal I would try NOW to get Crystal Palace or Liberty Tree tavern maybe. You could always do 1900 park Fare. Just a short monorail trip that way. I learned my lesson last year when we didn't have ADR's the night of MNSSHP and got caught in a huge downpour! :scared1: Everyone was crowded into the CS's and no tables. we ended up sitting on the floor with our food. (NOT GOOD). So I would have much rather had ressies and been able to sit and enjoy a meal while it poured. hopefully won't rain this year but because we have early Sept dates I think I will wait until last minute and buy tickets (2 different night s available this year :banana: )

Anyone think they will come out with a code for the end of Sept-Oct that wasn't included in the free dining? We are hoping for a % off code or something.

hey guys!!

ok.. well we are going to be there from SEptember 13th through the 20th.. saturday to saturday....

I was thinking either WPC at DTD.. or an early dinner at GF..maybe 1900 park fare.. theres nothing available for LTT probably not for CP either but i can check. with MNNSHP that night its going to be hard.

I'll let ya know what we decide to do.. Im going to call back tonight and see what I can get.

Anyone think they will come out with a code for the end of Sept-Oct that wasn't included in the free dining? We are hoping for a % off code or something.

That's what I'm hoping for.

We're booked on a Bounce Back with free dining but I'd cancel and rebook if I could snag a good 30-40% off rate. I don't really care so much about the free dining.

That's what I'm hoping for.

We're booked on a Bounce Back with free dining but I'd cancel and rebook if I could snag a good 30-40% off rate. I don't really care so much about the free dining.

We are soooooooooooooooo hoping for a % off code too.
It's hard to be patient while we wait:laughing:

I just booked the last ADR for 1900 Park Fare at 4:30 that day. Its pretty cool cause its with Cindy and Lady Tremaine along with the evil step sisters.. awesome!! :woohoo:

Im sure Im going to wanna get in and out to get over to the MK that night as quickly as possible. I have to get as much MK in as much as possible. *sighhhh*

I think I made a good decision.

thanks again for all your help!!! <3333

I just booked the last ADR for 1900 Park Fare at 4:30 that day. Its pretty cool cause its with Cindy and Lady Tremaine along with the evil step sisters.. awesome!! :woohoo:

Im sure Im going to wanna get in and out to get over to the MK that night as quickly as possible. I have to get as much MK in as much as possible. *sighhhh*

I think I made a good decision.

thanks again for all your help!!! <3333

Yes, I think that sounds great! :thumbsup2 I've never been to Park Fare but I think it sounds fantastic! So glad you got such a good time too--that will give you enough time not to rush thru dinner & still enjoy the MNSSHP!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter