September 2014 car rental watch

Costco members!!!!!
Check your rates this morning.
I am booked with Alamo and my rates dropped again today.

Don't forget to play with your pick up and drop off times.
I shifted mine slightly and got an even better rate.

Does anyone know what is the issue with Alamo website? I can't even check in online with web difficulties!! I really want to check in to bypass the counter!!:furious:

The website has not been functioning properly for the past week or so. When my rate dropped, it would not allow me to modify my reservation, so I had to make a new one, then call them to cancel it. It won't allow me to do online check in and the only code I used was the Alamo Insiders one (no coupons). I will not be happy if I can't bypass the counter, as I could have gotten a lower rate from another company. I was willing to pay a little bit more in order to go straight to my car with Alamo. Ugh!

The website won't let me check in online either. So I called and the man told me that because I used a coupon code, I have to check in at the counter or the kiosk in the airport. The code is not from costco or BJ's so I think he's just making it up. The website is not working right. I can't even view my reservation.

I asked if I needed to bring in anything to the airport and he said no. I'm running to the kiosk. I hate going to the counter.

It is definitely something in the system.
I have been having this issue for over a week now.
I can't tell you how many ressies I need to cancel, because we have to have multiple vehicles for our group.
I'm debating whether to even bother canceling them, sine Alamo doesn't seem to care that their site is malfunctioning.

I am not about to call and spend some gosh-awful amount of time on the phone waiting for a rep to cancel them for me.

I have noticed that intermittently, the check in button will work for one or two of them, and I can then cancel through that link.
Other than that, it's been a bust trying to cancel the old ones.

OK for those who had trouble with Alamo website...use this link: https://v1.alamo.com/
I got this link from another Diser from another thread who had the same problem with Alamo....This is an old Alamo website but still works and works WONDERS!! You can cancel, view, and modify and use the "save time" to input information...Some online check-in may not still work, but i utilized the "save time" and go to the Kiosk...no biggie!! Good luck to all!!

I am leaving in 10 days and i got the lowest rate i can find and am very satisfied...Now waiting for my disney vacation!!! :cool1:

I'm so happy! My Alamo rental car rate dropped last night! I now have a standard car reserved from 9/10-9/22 picking up at MCO and dropping off at the Disney Dolphin near Epcot for $215! I originally had from 9/10-9/20 for that price with Alamo or a Budget rental from 9/10-9/22 for $209 but dropping off at Budget would've been a pain. We plan to do F&W at Epcot on 9/22 so now I can just drop the car off and walk to Epcot! I cancelled all my other reservations because I'm happy with this. When I went back to play with times after booking it, the prices had already gone up (not by much but by $5-$10). I booked through Costco.

Mine dropped too!
Late last night for just a short time, they dumped the prices again and I managed to get one of my standard cars for $91 for a week!!!! :cool1:
BTT I logged into the second account to get the second one, the price was back up.
But at least I managed to snag one at that price!!

Ok can someone please help me ive read through most of this thread and im still confused, i have no memberships to bjs or costco however i am a usaa member and im looking for the best deal for 9/13-9/21.
Thanks in advance

Ok can someone please help me ive read through most of this thread and im still confused, i have no memberships to bjs or costco however i am a usaa member and im looking for the best deal for 9/13-9/21.
Thanks in advance

I would suggest going to car rental savers dot com to find current codes for USAA members, and try plugging them into their search.
See if that helps you get a good rate.

The Alamo site is finally back up and running properly for cancellations and modifications.

Thanks in advance

I would recommend checking mousesavers. They have many general codes for various rental companies. I have always done best with Dollar and Budget, but as we all know, it can change from hour to hour lol. Dollar also offers city deals on their website. Once you put in your dates and location, a choice will come up to "check out city deals". Sometimes those are better than some of the codes. But it changes every day. Good Luck!

I would recommend checking mousesavers. They have many general codes for various rental companies. I have always done best with Dollar and Budget, but as we all know, it can change from hour to hour lol. Dollar also offers city deals on their website. Once you put in your dates and location, a choice will come up to "check out city deals". Sometimes those are better than some of the codes. But it changes every day. Good Luck!

Awesome looking into it now thanks

Well I think I did ok I got an intermediate through budget and prepayed and the total was 140 for 9/13-9/21 (9 days)

My question is if the price drops do I just rebook or is that not an option because I prepayed? How would that work? And did I get an ok deal?

I've got a full size with alamo for $142 and a intermediate suv with alamo for $169. Not sure which I'll go with but prices haven't gone any lower than that in the past six weeks so that's probably as good as I'll get. Just wish I knew which brands for suv alamo typically has.

Well I think I did ok I got an intermediate through budget and prepayed and the total was 140 for 9/13-9/21 (9 days)

My question is if the price drops do I just rebook or is that not an option because I prepayed? How would that work? And did I get an ok deal?

That's not a bad rate. If it goes lower, you will have to pay a $10 cancellation fee, but if it drops more than $10, it is still money in your pocket.

Budget is down on Costco for my dates 7-14. Sticking with alamo but for those still looking.

I've got a full size with alamo for $142 and a intermediate suv with alamo for $169. Not sure which I'll go with but prices haven't gone any lower than that in the past six weeks so that's probably as good as I'll get. Just wish I knew which brands for suv alamo typically has.

picked up two days ago and rented through alamo -full sized.

There were NO cars, only SUVs and mini vans in the fullsized lane at MCO. We are driving a nissan pathfinder. there were kia sorrentos and dodge minivans. And an extended cab truck. i didnt notice the model.

tiggerplus5 said:
picked up two days ago and rented through alamo -full sized.

There were NO cars, only SUVs and mini vans in the fullsized lane at MCO. We are driving a nissan pathfinder. there were kia sorrentos and dodge minivans. And an extended cab truck. i didnt notice the model.

Guess I'll do online check in for my full size reservation and hope we get a nice selection like that! Thanks for reporting back.

picked up two days ago and rented through alamo -full sized. There were NO cars, only SUVs and mini vans in the fullsized lane at MCO. We are driving a nissan pathfinder. there were kia sorrentos and dodge minivans. And an extended cab truck. i didnt notice the model.

What time did you pick up? My flight lands at 5pm and I wonder if that's a bad thing because all the good cars will be gone by then. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter