**September 2019**

Thanks to those who posted here, I set my alarm for 7 AM to check on SW flights even though there's a snow day (AGAIN--4 in a row!) and I can sleep in.

Same here, schools closed due to extreme cold. But up at 7 AM booking flights. We managed to book round trip flights for 4 this morning for just over $700. So I consider it a win, even if it's from a different airport (Reagan National) then my normal (Dulles)

It's so odd to me they only opened September up today. Our stay is 9/28-10/4, and I can't even check the return flights for my trip. I am waiting for Spirit to release their Sept/Oct dates because we prefer them because our closest airport is Spirit-only. Hopefully it's any day now!

Well, originally they were going to open flights only through 9/3 on February 7. So I'm happy with the change!

We must live close to each other! I looked at Regan, Dulles and then found the best price in Richmond. A little further away but not terrible!

Richmond is unfortunately out of the question for me, although being western Maryland does give me the benefit of BWI and Pittsburgh as well. 4 major airports within 2 1/2 hours, gives lots of choices

Checked again on Southwest flights at 10:30. Outbound flight that was $319 at 7:08 was now $155. Booked with points. So now we're all set on flights. Yay!

That's awesome!

Yesterday, I compared points prices on flights similar to the ones we would be looking for. I looked at all dates between now & the end of their booking window. The lowest I saw were 5,700 and 4,500 for outbound and return. I was able to get both our outgoing & returning flights for around 6,300 points each, so I booked. I'll keep an eye out for sales and re-book if they pop up. I'm happy with the 6,300, though. Last year, I was only able to get September flights for around 9,000 points each way.

Hmmm, we can fly for $419.92 Round trip (thats for both of us and with tax and fees). Its an hour and a half flight so I may talk to hubby. The downside is we would fly out at 6:35 AM and the airport is 2 hours away from us. The airport closer to us doesn't fly southwest. However my sister lives in the area where the airport we would use is so we could stay with her the night before so it's no biggie. I could probably just leave my car at her house and she would drive us to the airport or we could take an Uber to the airport. It sure beats a ten hour drive (plus any stops), especially since I do the majority of the driving due to my tendency to get car sick.

Hmmm, we can fly for $419.92 Round trip (thats for both of us and with tax and fees). Its an hour and a half flight so I may talk to hubby. The downside is we would fly out at 6:35 AM and the airport is 2 hours away from us. The airport closer to us doesn't fly southwest. However my sister lives in the area where the airport we would use is so we could stay with her the night before so it's no biggie. I could probably just leave my car at her house and she would drive us to the airport or we could take an Uber to the airport. It sure beats a ten hour drive (plus any stops), especially since I do the majority of the driving due to my tendency to get car sick.

I totally feel you. It's a 12ish hour drive for us. With 2 kids, it's pricey to fly unless we can use points. But for just the two of you, I'd still think it would be worth it to fly at that price. You'd gain almost a full day with your early arrival - you could relax or stroll DS or even resort crawl.

I'd do it for sure!

Hey guys! hoping to hop on this thread! I'm 28 and my DH31 will be going on a delayed honeymoon in September. We are staying at the BWI from 9/10-9/17. We were originally going to stay at AKL, but we rent a car when we are there and like to drink so we wanted easy access to the boardwalk. I'm so excited for our trip!

I totally feel you. It's a 12ish hour drive for us. With 2 kids, it's pricey to fly unless we can use points. But for just the two of you, I'd still think it would be worth it to fly at that price. You'd gain almost a full day with your early arrival - you could relax or stroll DS or even resort crawl.

I'd do it for sure!

Yep, Hubby says to book it. So it looks like we will be flying. I'm glad because the thought of driving was not appealing to me at all. Even though we love road trips, I was dreading the drive this time. Since we will be there so early, I may rearrange some plans I had. I originally was going to have Check in day be our Whispering Canyon Cafe night since it's one of hubby's faves, but now I may just plan to eat at DS instead and let this be our DS afternoon/evening. If I do that, I'll make an ADR at WCC on another night and use it as a break from the parks.

Hey guys! hoping to hop on this thread! I'm 28 and my DH31 will be going on a delayed honeymoon in September. We are staying at the BWI from 9/10-9/17. We were originally going to stay at AKL, but we rent a car when we are there and like to drink so we wanted easy access to the boardwalk. I'm so excited for our trip!

Welcome. Just a random piece of info..you arrive on my sister's birthday and leave on mine :)

I just got round trip SW 2 people out of Buffalo for 439 which is already great but remember SW allows 2 checked bags to that's another savings

LOL, that's what I told hubby. I told him I'd have plenty of room for souvenirs. :jumping1:

Whelp, we had planned on driving, thinking it would save us money LOL.

With the new SW rates that just came out, plus a bunch of SW points I had saved up from business travel, I was able to book one-way flights (orlando to Boston) for $108 TOTAL (3 tickets using points + the 9/11 fee, one ticket cash). I wasn't crazy about the times of the SW flights out of Boston and there is a Delta fare at a better time to fly down and slightly cheaper - that will cost me about $354 for 4 one way tickets.

I had a bunch of Hilton points saved up from work travel too, so I booked the Hilton Garden near the airport for the day before check-in at AS Mu and the day after checkout. This allowed us to choose less expensive flights, and I paid NOTHING for them.

All told, flying AND being in FL two extra days will now cost us $462 and will be about 10 hours of our time. Driving and paying for resort parking was going to run us $400-425. Plus 40 hours of our time.

I got a better deal for my short trip 9/24-9/26 so I changed my dates.
Updated

Added to roll call :)

LOL, that's what I told hubby. I told him I'd have plenty of room for souvenirs. :jumping1:

We fly SW, too. I may bring along an empty suitcase for souvenirs and candy! LOL. Last year DH, DS15, and DS 12, and I had free QSDP and we came home with 89 bags of trail mix and Goofy candy purchased with our leftover meals and snacks. This year it's just DH and I, but we'll probably still come home with 40 bags or so. Also, we're going to do at least one MNSSHP, maybe two, so there will be candy from that, too!

Whelp, we had planned on driving, thinking it would save us money LOL.

With the new SW rates that just came out, plus a bunch of SW points I had saved up from business travel, I was able to book one-way flights (orlando to Boston) for $108 TOTAL (3 tickets using points + the 9/11 fee, one ticket cash). I wasn't crazy about the times of the SW flights out of Boston and there is a Delta fare at a better time to fly down and slightly cheaper - that will cost me about $354 for 4 one way tickets.

I had a bunch of Hilton points saved up from work travel too, so I booked the Hilton Garden near the airport for the day before check-in at AS Mu and the day after checkout. This allowed us to choose less expensive flights, and I paid NOTHING for them.

All told, flying AND being in FL two extra days will now cost us $462 and will be about 10 hours of our time. Driving and paying for resort parking was going to run us $400-425. Plus 40 hours of our time.

NICE!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter