*September Car Rental Rates* 2011

Sorry, just realized how vague my post was. I'm actually trying to find out what type of cars Alamo uses for economy. I usually rent compact and never pay attention to the economy, but because the difference in price is so much more than usual ($29/week vs the usual couple of dollars), I'm tryng to decide if I want a compact. I know it's smaller, but is it really THAT much smaller? When I rented in May I had a Mazda 2 which was fine, and even tho it was on the compact aisle, I'd swear it was actually supposed to be an economy.

Any feedback?

Last year, I went for economy. We ended up choosing a Kia Rio. There were several of them, and we picked an obnoxious orange one. We called her the Lil' Pumpkin.

Manual Doors, Manual Locks.... but :confused3 who cares? I can roll up a window, KWIM?

I was down with my son for 2 weeks, my girlfriend came down for the 2nd week, with her then 8 & 4 y/o boys. The car was -just fine- for going to and from parks, the mall, etc etc.

Now when it came time to drive to the airport, and my g/f and I being uber-over-packers? That was a wee bit tough. However.... not undoable. Her 4 year old had to sit 'indian style' as we needed his floorboard, for luggage. Luggage was stuffed here, there and everywhere... I joked the car was probably dragging, and sparking down the road, the way we stuffed it full. But it worked.

And frankly, I didn't see the economy being that much bigger - at all.

Here - this is the Lil' Pumpkin outside, and a couple inside shots......

62732_1538043005567_1069637892_1571293_3959750_n.jpg

60988_1551243775578_1069637892_1599594_5942934_n.jpg

This one cracks me up. They are POOPED! This was to the airport... I guess no one had leg room. To the left, those are my son's legs smooshed up, too. :lmao:

62965_1633670559230_1160653916_1808963_5191868_n.jpg

Those kids look sad to be going home! Bless their little hearts, they wanted to stay longer.

Just booked a Compact going thru Costco and using the Alamo Insider $40 off code for Sept 24-30th for $78 and change. I don't know if there are any other codes I could use to get it even lower, but that price seems real good to me, especially considering what we paid for a car on our last trip(Oct. 2010, $300 or so for a shorter stay).

Check your Alamo rates again!

My full size rate went down about $5 again. Sept 24~30 (7days) $78.34.:yay:

Just booked a Compact going thru Costco and using the Alamo Insider $40 off code for Sept 24-30th for $78 and change. I don't know if there are any other codes I could use to get it even lower, but that price seems real good to me, especially considering what we paid for a car on our last trip(Oct. 2010, $300 or so for a shorter stay).

Instead of Costco's join alamo insiders (which is free). You can use 7014667 and coupon AD4027JDO. Your rates should be lower or could get full/standard for the same price.

Thanks. I got 9/13 - 9/18 for $57.45 using the codes above. Does anyone know if they will ask for a physical coupon when we pick up the car?

Thanks. I got 9/13 - 9/18 for $57.45 using the codes above. Does anyone know if they will ask for a physical coupon when we pick up the car?

Hopefully not since most of us won't have them...haha...I think the codes are from mousesavers, right??

One is contract id which you do not need and the other coupon is currently offered on alamo site (without paper) so you shouldn't need any actual coupon.

I have a midsize for 9 days through Alamo for $102, all taxes included. Insiders $40 and costco corporate ID.

Last year, I went for economy. We ended up choosing a Kia Rio. There were several of them, and we picked an obnoxious orange one. We called her the Lil' Pumpkin.

Manual Doors, Manual Locks.... but :confused3 who cares? I can roll up a window, KWIM?

I was down with my son for 2 weeks, my girlfriend came down for the 2nd week, with her then 8 & 4 y/o boys. The car was -just fine- for going to and from parks, the mall, etc etc.

Now when it came time to drive to the airport, and my g/f and I being uber-over-packers? That was a wee bit tough. However.... not undoable. Her 4 year old had to sit 'indian style' as we needed his floorboard, for luggage. Luggage was stuffed here, there and everywhere... I joked the car was probably dragging, and sparking down the road, the way we stuffed it full. But it worked.

And frankly, I didn't see the economy being that much bigger - at all.

Here - this is the Lil' Pumpkin outside, and a couple inside shots......

62732_1538043005567_1069637892_1571293_3959750_n.jpg

60988_1551243775578_1069637892_1599594_5942934_n.jpg

This one cracks me up. They are POOPED! This was to the airport... I guess no one had leg room. To the left, those are my son's legs smooshed up, too. :lmao:

62965_1633670559230_1160653916_1808963_5191868_n.jpg

Too bad the Lil Pumpkin didn't come along with Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, as she might have been able to tap it with her wand and make it bigger! :wizard: :rotfl: The main thing is the car was affordable transportation.. Hope the trip was a special one.

Instead of Costco's join alamo insiders (which is free). You can use 7014667 and coupon AD4027JDO. Your rates should be lower or could get full/standard for the same price.

Thanks for the Codes! Just booked the full size for $79.58. Awesome!:thumbsup2

I wish they would let us choose a specific vehicle. I would choose compact if I knew for sure I would get a Nissan Versa Hatchback.

Oh my... I just ran the rates at MCO, everything the same as my current reservation from Evansville... and there is a $100 difference. :headache:

I wish they would let us choose a specific vehicle. I would choose compact if I knew for sure I would get a Nissan Versa Hatchback.

We always go with compact from Alamo, and I have yet to get the example vehicle. In fact, I rarely see them on the aisle. I do wish they would list several examples, to give us a better idea of what to expect.

HAs anyone had any luck renting a car (on the cheap) from the orlando amtrak station? Or Kissimmee station? I cant find anything under $240

I wanted to post this website I found, while poking around for car choices at MCO. I know some people were asking about sizes:

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/CarTypes.aspx

They have videos and what is most likely on the aisle, it looks like. Might come in handy.

Booked a one day rental from Avis for September 20th and prices have come way down since I looked a few weeks ago. Or they were running some special. Was able to rent a premium car for $25 (not including taxes). Any ideas what premium cars from Avis are? The website said Buick something or similar. Just wondering if anyone knew what the "similar" might be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter