September trip at RPH questions

flamark

Mouseketeer
Hi all. First time back on the boards in a minute. We are going as an extended family the last week in September staying at RPH in 3 standard Queen rooms. Is it against protocol to ask if any room upgrades are available at check in? if it’s acceptable, how do you phrase it to be more likely to get the upgrade? Is the procedure anything like in Vegas where you kinda sorta show the desk person the edge of a $50 in your hand or more just asking nicely? Also any recommendations as to room locations and if so when should I request that? We will be myself and wife and 5 kids ranging in age from 29 down to 15. Also MIL and a friend that are older. Are there any less desirable areas of rooms? How far in advance should I make dining reservations? Most important are Cowfish and Toothsome. Thanks in advance for all of your very knowledgeable replies!

Are you trying to get 3 rooms close to each other, or just all at RP? 3 rooms close to each other = pretty much take what you get. If you're just looking for one room to be upgraded, you might have a shot at that. If you really want an upgrade, book an upgraded room category.

You can technically reserve dining now if you desire. Since it's free, no cancellation fees, no CC required for reserving, there's no real reason not to book now if you know when you'll want to eat at those places. Although it isn't necessary for at least a few months, but if you're looking at around Columbus day weekend you may want to book it a good 2 months out for maximum availability. 1 month should be okay availability. Less than that might become iffy, especially for Toothsome, especially for weekends, especially for ideal dinner times.

Hi all. First time back on the boards in a minute. We are going as an extended family the last week in September staying at RPH in 3 standard Queen rooms. Is it against protocol to ask if any room upgrades are available at check in? if it’s acceptable, how do you phrase it to be more likely to get the upgrade? Is the procedure anything like in Vegas where you kinda sorta show the desk person the edge of a $50 in your hand or more just asking nicely? Also any recommendations as to room locations and if so when should I request that? We will be myself and wife and 5 kids ranging in age from 29 down to 15. Also MIL and a friend that are older. Are there any less desirable areas of rooms? How far in advance should I make dining reservations? Most important are Cowfish and Toothsome. Thanks in advance for all of your very knowledgeable replies!
I don't believe front desk TMs are allowed to take bribes. September is a busy time, if you inquire about upgrades I expect they would tell you how much an upgraded room would cost. Toothsome is very popular, especially with a large group you could make a reservation as soon as you know when you want to go.

I don't believe front desk TMs are allowed to take bribes. September is a busy time, if you inquire about upgrades I expect they would tell you how much an upgraded room would cost. Toothsome is very popular, especially with a large group you could make a reservation as soon as you know when you want to go.
Is it a bribe or a tip?

Doesn’t matter, they can’t accept it.

They can accept tips, we tip the front desk staff for many things they do including opening the safe box for us.

A bribe however, is very different and they won’t accept that. I agree if the OP wants an upgrade, ask and pay for it if it’s available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter