Share your Bundt pan recipes here, please!

It's A Happy Day

<font color=darkorchid>I am on a troll<br><font co
Inspire by another thread I started. I had asked if anyone still uses their Bundt cake pans - I do and like to use them even with a boxed cake recipe as I think they make a prettier presentation sometimes and if I'm looking for something quick I just mix a box chocolate cake & microwave a can of Betty Crocker Vanilla frosting for about 30 seconds and literally pour it over the cooled cake - makes a white glaze on cake and then maybe add rainbow sprinkles if I want to "decorate" it. Quick & Easy for those last minute desserts.

What are your tried & true bundt cake recipes?

from allrecipes.com

Black Russian Cake

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

btw, I use the Pam for Baking spray (the one with flour)...perfect release EVERY time!

Mom's Rum Cake

1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 yellow cake mix
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup light rum
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs

Grease and flour bundt pan. Put nuts on bottom. Mix cake and pudding in a bowl. Add rum, with oil, eggs and water. Beat 2 minutes. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Take from oven and pour hot rum glaze over cake while still in bundt pan. Let it sit 5 minutes, then turn out on plate.

Glaze

1 cup sugar
1/4 cup rum
1 stick butter
1/4 cup water
boil for only 2 minutes

This is always a huge hit at cake wheels.

I love bundt cakes because they are easy to slice and serve...we do bereavement dinners at church and you can always stretch a bundt cake to feed a crowd.

I use mine for monkey bread. Just cut frozen (but thaw it) into 24 pieces and roll in butter and then cinnamon and sugar. Put in bundt pan and bake. Yummy!

I'll have to try that, but we don't get Pillsbury here so I'll have to make some scones. What weight are the packets of dough (approx)?

I fyou can get frozen bread dough that needs to rise, I would use that. You simply cut it in to pieces about 2.5 centimeters. One loaf of the yeast risen bread should do.

I would think scones would possibly be too dry and not work well for this recipe, but the American version of scones is probably quite different.

:confused3

MadzaUK here is a biscuit recipe I found perhaps you can adapt it.
Title: Biscuits
Categories:
Yield: 1 Batch

2 c Flour
4 ts Baking powder
3 tb Butter
1/2 ts Salt
3/4 c Milk

Mix dry ingredients and butter with 2 knives as
for pastry. Add milk and mix. Roll out an inch
thick. Cut in rounds, brush over tops with melted
butter. Bake about 15 minutes in a 350 degree
oven.

Thanks, I'll try that. DS(7) loves American biscuits! We don't get frozen bread dough either, but I could make up a batch in the breadmaker and use that.

What weight is a can of pillsbury biscuits? (Just so I don't end up with too much monkey bread to fit in the oven):rotfl:

MazdaUK, Here is the link to the pillsbury biscuit company's recipe. http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=12327 They say to use two 16.3 oz cans of biscuits. But if your oven is anything like the one that I had when my husband was stationed in Germany, you may want to cut the recipe down. I had to bake my Thanksgiving turkey with the oven door open and use foil to try to seal the heat in.....:rotfl2: and I had the smallest turkey I could find..:lmao:

two things:

1) Paula Deen's Gorilla bread (very similar to monkey bread, except she puts a small piece of cream cheese in the middle of each buiscut and OH! it's sooo good! Food Network has the recipe for those who are interested.

2) ice rings! Put some pretty fruit in the bottom, cover with water and freeze. Just run some warm water over the bottom to loosen it and get it out.

The oven is OK, I just didn't want to have enough monkey bread to feed 5,000:rotfl2: Or a tiny little bit at the bottom of the bundt pan.

I'm really hungry now! I don't suppose weightwatchers does a 0 point version? :lmao:

Any great pound cake recipe, don't have one on hand right now, but that is what came to mind. My DM and I made a carrot cake recipe in our last weekend and it didn't turn out very well.

PrincessSuzanne princess:

Take a look at the recipes at recipegoldmine.com. There are several pages of bundt cake recipes and also some under "cake mix recipes". I haven't tried any of them, but I find most of their recipes are really good. If anyone makes one and likes it, let the rest of us know.

I just made this one over the weekend and it was delicious!!!! I clipped the recipe from a recent issue of Martha Stewart magazine, I think.

Aunt Patty's Coffee Cake

Filling:
3T sugar
4-1/2 t instant coffee granules
4-1/2 t unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder

Batter:
1/2 C (1 stick) unslated butter, softened (plus more for the pan)
2C all-purpose flour (plus more for the pan)
1t baking powder
1t baking soda
1t salt
1C sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1C sour cream, room emperature
1t pure vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make the filling: stir together sugar, coffee, and cocoa powder in a small bowl; set aside.
2. Butter a 10-inch (12 C) Bundt pan. Dust with flour, and tap out excess. Make the batter: Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium-high speed until pare and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Reduce speed to medium. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Mix in flour mixture in 3 bathes, alternating with sour cream. Add vanilla, and mix 1 minute.
3. Spread 1/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle withhalf the filling. Spread another 1/3 of the batter on top, followed by the remaining filling. Spread remaining batter over top. run a thin knife through batter to marbleize.
4. Bake until a cake tester inserted into center comes out clean, 35 to 38 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes. Invert onto plate.

:)

I take it t is teaspoon (5ml) not table spoon (15ml)? Otherwise that's a lot of vanilla.

Think I've found what I'll be cooking tomorrow:rolleyes1 Does it taste of coffee much? Could you replace the coffee with more cocoa or just leave it out? I really don't like coffee taste.

Sorry, I forgot accommodate for DIS-ers outside the US...

Lower case "t" is the abbreviation for "teaspoon"; upper case "T" is the abbreviation for "Tablespoon". Hope that helps!

As far as the coffee goes, you really don't taste the coffee per se. I think it just enhances the flavor of the cocoa. But I see no reason why you couldn't adjust the proportions to your liking -- like maybe 6t (2T) cocoa and 3t (1T) coffee granules?

Hope you like the cake!
:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter