Share Your Low Crowd Pics!

Leaving today and all these pictures have me excited!! taking my 4 1/2 yo granddaughter so low crowds will be nice to deal with!!

I'd love to go in September for low crowds, but getting the husband to agree to Florida in summer is a battle I would never win.

May I suggest the week before Thanksgiving? We went then a couple years ago and the whole time we felt like they had closed the park and we just didn't get the memo. Walk on to Splash Mountain at 2:30pm type of crowds. Almost eerie! Daytime temps in the 70s, no rain, Christmas decor. A very neat time to go, your husband would love it! :thumbsup2

We are in this year for Sept 24-28. Excited to see what's in store!

Here is a photo of driving in at 11am yesterday ( Saturday)

634861E8-55F5-471E-9966-240072B4D1A3.jpg

Wow, I would have felt like the Griswolds going to Wally World in that first shot.

Sorry-Folks-parks.jpg

Sneaking into this thread to ask our low crowd enjoyed what the weather has been like? Have you had much rain?

Sneaking into this thread to ask our low crowd enjoyed what the weather has been like? Have you had much rain?

There was some heavy rain last night. I think it went on for about an hour. But it was so overcast prior to that so it really helped with the heat. And it cooled things off after. Today is predicted 80% chance of rain. I'm hoping that prediction will keep the crowds even lower but then maybe the storms will not happen. Florida weather is unpredictable!

Ahhh these pictures have me SO excited! My past trips were in June, July, and January .. I really enjoyed the low crowds in January as well as the cooler weather (we went from the 6-13th), but it looks like September might take the cake as far as being my favorite time to go!! I'm looking forward to being able to take it a little easy and maybe get to try some things we normally wouldn't try. I can officially say that we leave THIS WEEK! :) :) we're leaving Thursday morning. I will update everyone on the crowds at that time!

We usually go in September (but usually a few weeks after this) and I have never seen the crowds this low.

That's actually quite typical. Crowds typically build as the month goes on. (Food and Wine starts, and as kids get more settled into school, more parents are comfortable taking them out). Early September is probably as good as it gets for low crowds!

All these pics and reports are really really exciting. As a mom of three (two toddlers included) that has never been during low season I think I will be grateful for low crowds and wait times. My tots melt down at anything over 20min wait. It's gonna be nice to finally go when it isn't crazy packed.

These were taken between 1:30 and 2pm on Wednesday (Sept. 2nd)/QUOTE]

All these pics have me so excited for our trip that starts Friday. Though next year I think we are coming this past week as the post labor day crowds look way lighter than anything we've typically seen later in September.

These pics are making me wish I was brave enough to pull the kiddos out the second week of school! DH says it's a good time to pull them out because they have not really started anything yet, but I just can't do is so early in the year! We went at the end of Aug and it was very crowded. If you can swing it, Sept is definitely the time to go. Also Nov is a fabulous time (if you work around Thanksgiving), low crowds and no humidity.

No pix but Soarin' is a walk on this morning and yesterday I had the Haunted Mansion stretch room all to myself!

We leave in 13 days and I hope the crowds stay relatively low. We'll be there 9/20-9/27. I expect it'll be a bit busier than this due to F&W starting, but hopefully crowds will still be low overall. I've never been in Sept before and am really looking forward to low crowds and MNSSHP!

these pics definitely have me excited for rides, but then also with the rain are the fireworks shows often cancelled because of bad weather? I am really looking to seeing wishes/hallowishes/frozen fireworks

These pics are making me wish I was brave enough to pull the kiddos out the second week of school! DH says it's a good time to pull them out because they have not really started anything yet, but I just can't do is so early in the year! We went at the end of Aug and it was very crowded. If you can swing it, Sept is definitely the time to go. Also Nov is a fabulous time (if you work around Thanksgiving), low crowds and no humidity.
IMHO The key to pulling them out over labor day is that with the lower crowds you can get soooo much more done in a shorter amount of time meaning you don't have to take them out of school as long and I agree, taking them out earlier in the year, they are just doing review from the previous year and they aren't missing as much.

We usually go in September (but usually a few weeks after this) and I have never seen the crowds this low. It's not hot either because there was some bad rain for about an hour yesterday and it really cooled everything off. I needed a light sweater walking around last night. I am on the balcony now at 7am overlooking main pool and it's not warm or muggy at all. I've been sitting here 30 minutes and have not seen a single person.

Yesterday at epcot I noticed Soarin at 20 min (on a Saturday) but did not ride because we were there for dive quest. All the other rides were walk ons except test track of course. We went on Nemo while we were at the Seas area but were literally the only ones on it. The park felt so empty and it was a Saturday. I got lots of photos with no one in them. Even on dive quest there was just 3 other people with us. Wow! Soarin with a 20min wait.......that is awesome! We always do Dive Quest and have never only had 3 other people. DD did it last Oct and it was full, 12 people total.

I have never stayed at the Boardwalk but it feels pretty quiet here overall. We were walking around yesterday (Saturday) evening at about 8:00 and there was only 3 kids in the main pool. Every restaurant and bar had lots of open tables. I have not stayed here before so not sure if that's normal but I was not expecting it. Goodness, that is crazy how there is no one around the BW area. When we went in Oct last year it was packed with no tables open at night.

Today we skipped animal kingdom to sleep in but headed back to epcot in a few hours.

Here is a photo of driving in at 11am yesterday ( Saturday)

634861E8-55F5-471E-9966-240072B4D1A3.jpg

The Boardwalk on Saturday afternoon

BC658AA2-634D-4A09-A197-1C54E986F7A6.jpg

Boardwalk lobby Saturday evening

33A5B6D7-27BF-43FD-A8AD-935B4DCFEE8C.jpg

Again I have not stayed at this resort here to know how it normally is but it feels so quiet. Its wonderful so far

Maybe we should go in Sept instead of Oct.......but I love F&W festival and the lower humidity Oct brings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter