Shared Toiletries in the Age of Covid

Mainsail Minnie

Momketeer
Speaking of the multiple things DCL might want to change to improve hygiene once operations resume, I wonder if the shared toiletries that were recently installed is something they'll reconsider. Guest after guest after guest putting their hands on those right before washing their faces, etc., isn't as hygienic as each family having their own little bottle.

Speaking of the multiple things DCL might want to change to improve hygiene once operations resume, I wonder if the shared toiletries that were recently installed is something they'll reconsider. Guest after guest after guest putting their hands on those raight before washing their faces, etc., isn't as hygienic as each family having their own little bottle.
They'll just bring out the heavy-duty cleaners to ensure cleanliness.

Speaking of the multiple things DCL might want to change to improve hygiene once operations resume, I wonder if the shared toiletries that were recently installed is something they'll reconsider. Guest after guest after guest putting their hands on those right before washing their faces, etc., isn't as hygienic as each family having their own little bottle.
Too expensive. Extra cleaning is cheaper.

We interrupted our stateroom host cleaning the room on our last cruise one day. He had all the toiletry bottles out of their cage and was cleaning them.

That said, I really doubt that's even remotely close to the dirtiest thing on that ship.

We interrupted our stateroom host cleaning the room on our last cruise one day. He had all the toiletry bottles out of their cage and was cleaning them.

That said, I really doubt that's even remotely close to the dirtiest thing on that ship.

Elevator buttons and handrails.

At least toiletries are filled with soap. Soap is the enemy of an RNA-transmission virus.

I'm sorry, but what is so bad about touching a SOAP dispenser that you are literally dispensing SOAP out of, into your own hands, during shower? There is literally NO risk here. The soap gets rid of the virus, like, immediately.

I'm sorry, but what is so bad about touching a SOAP dispenser that you are literally dispensing SOAP out of, into your own hands, during shower? There is literally NO risk here. The soap gets rid of the virus, like, immediately.
As long as you 100% sure that the contents of that dispenser are what they are supposed to be and not tampered with.

Yes, I know DCL says they are filled and sealed after each cruise, but it seems to me to totally dump out and refill the big bottles after every cruise is more costly than the smaller, individual bottles that used to be available.

It isn't all a cost issue. Part of it is a plastic use issue. So if the cost is net zero, with less plastic waste, they consider it ok.

True story. Stayed February 18th-23rd 1 bedroom Riviera. So what its been open 2-3 months? Im a bit of a germaphobe and the shared shampoo and body wash freaks me out on a good day. Anyway I jump into the shower after a long day and noticed I forgot to bring shampoo in with me. What they heck I think, I'll try the wall mount stuff. I go to pump the shampoo and the entire locking mechanism swings right open. So yeah Im done with that.

As long as you 100% sure that the contents of that dispenser are what they are supposed to be and not tampered with.

Yes, I know DCL says they are filled and sealed after each cruise, but it seems to me to totally dump out and refill the big bottles after every cruise is more costly than the smaller, individual bottles that used to be available.

Do they really dump out the contents and refill with new materials? That seems more wasteful than just consuming what's needed in smaller portions. For those that are concerned about plastic wastes, recycled and alternative materials would be better options though likely more expensive. I have always thought these primarily cost-cutting measures are just disguised as environmental moves.

LAX

Do they really dump out the contents and refill with new materials? That seems more wasteful than just consuming what's needed in smaller portions. For those that are concerned about plastic wastes, recycled and alternative materials would be better options though likely more expensive. I have always thought these primarily cost-cutting measures are just disguised as environmental moves.

LAX
I don't know that they dump them or not. It just seems adding to the product left from the last tenants in the room just isn't that sanitary, either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter