Shared Wine list?

Sheriff

Earning My Ears
People talk about the wine list at Jiko but no one ever mentions wine at Boma. Is it possible that the restaurants share a wine list?
Ditto for Whispering Canyon/Artists Point.

My brother is coming over from Vero Beach (Where he lives and does a wine show on TV - anybody ever see Seller to Cellar?) and I want to show him a good time yet find a restaurant my family would like.

No, Boma did not seem to have the same wine list. It appeared to be less extensive than that at Jiko. We once had an amazing dinner in the early Jiko days where we ended up having several servers, the wine steward and the manager pouring tastes from many of their more obscure blends. We didn't even order food for the first hour. However, we arrived early once for Boma and went to the bar-lounge area near Jiko and bought glasses of wine there to take to Boma. We did ask about getting one of Jiko's bottles on another trip to Boma, but the server seemed to be at a loss as to how to do this (it was very busy), so we let it slide. This was several years ago, but a recent trip to Boma did show the wine list to be smaller than we remembered Jiko's to be. Anyone else?

Carla

I know there is some overlap, but I do not believe it is a shared wine list. We were at both this past October and enjoyed both, I think Jiko a bit more bcs of the intimacy; Boma is big and gets a bit loud, but the food is excellent. But it was Jiko that knocked our socks off. The wine steward brought us a bunch of different things to taste, and since Jiko has the best selection of South African wines on the continent, there was lots to try. We had a 4 yr old and 6 yr old with us, so we kept it to three selections and ended up getting a bottle of one, then some glasses of some others (we were staying at AKL, and could just stumble back to our room;) ). We took a long and relaxed dinner (even with a 4 yr old DD, tho she enjoyed the warm octopus salad), and the servers accommodated us completely as it was a Wednesday in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter