Shirley.....you Made Our Day!!!!

peagreenid

<font color=blue>We ran off to Disneyland<br><font
Shirley-
Thank you so much for making our day. My children and husband just loved meeting you and hearing your stories about Key West. Tommy carried that card you gave him in his wallet, and was definately on a mission to see the Sexton. Unfortunately the Sexton was not working on Sundays. He was a little bummed about that, but proceeded to find your family's burial site. He takes photography in school so spent quite a bit of time, taking black and whites of the cemetary. We even tried to see the Manatees and they just weren't there, but the kids got to see an Alligator and that was pretty impressive to them

I want to Thank you again, and tell you that the first thing my son said when we got in the car, after our visit, "MOM, Why can't WE have a Grandma like her!!!!"

Thanks so much again.........

I hope that you are feeling better.......

smiles Patty

I am soooo jealous, Patty!
You got to meet Shirley!

Wow!

Hurricane Lili put a damper on our 9/28 DIS-cruisears plans with her - but we thought of her everyday since she made the beautiful floral arrangement of blue carnations for my mom, the delicious and very filling Key Lime Basket along with a Mickey Puppet/snack basket for Michael!

Well worth the money spent for the baskets and flowers!! My Mother started to cry when she saw everything - it was her first airplane ride and first cruise so I wanted something very special and Shirley came through!

But oh, we did so want to meet Shirley that Sunday! So I definitely envy you.

Rae

Hello Patty,
I am thrilled that Tommy was able to get to the graveyard - did he find the ones I was telling him about - I am anxious to know - tell him if he will email me, I will make sure he gets a book on Elaine, the young girl that was my mama's friend, that was taken by the Dr. for so many years - also I will send him information on Ernest Hemingway he would find interesting - being born and raised there and knowing how it was so long ago as to what it is now - makes the trip there a little more enjoyable by understanding the history and the conchs - Did he see my uncle's headstone - did he notice how the graves are stacked and everyone is buried with everybody - did he see the airplane on top of the grave? That belongs to the Arnolds - their son 14 yrs old was killed on his way home and being that he loved airplanes one was built on his tomb - also meant to tell Tommy not to far from there, a man loved his car so much - he paid extra to be buried in his car - tell you these conchs --you just never know :)
It was a sincere pleasure to meet you and your family - I have always enjoyed meeting those that stop by and Rae please know you and your cruise group will never know just how disappointed I was in not meeting you all. Maybe someday I hope.
Until then I wish each of you to know that you light my life more than you realize regardless in what manner I get to know you - if by business, if by questions, if by needing help - I have enjoyed it all.
God bless each and all
With love always
Shirley

we also had the pleasure of meeting Shirley ,
when we met her she wanted to give us her Car..
it was on May11,2002 in lobby of the Rad. was with Joe&joanne getting ready to go on our 7 day Inaugural western cruise , was a warm hug and a kiss and she said if we wanted to go Cruising around after the cruise we could have her car ..
was very nice of her ............ she is just a great Lady
oh yea and she Makes Great Baskets Also ...
wife had ordered a birthday basket ... was great to have and enjoy in the after noon on our verandah

peter

Hi Peter,
thanks for the kind words and yes I did offer my car simply b/c I wanted you and yours to have the opportunity to drive around and just sightsee if nothing else - this is why the offer is always there for anyone that needs the use of one - and there were no strings attached - if I am going to do something for someone - its cause I want to do so and there be no obiligations intended - life is too short and there is enough meaness in this world so kindness is a way of counter acting it - right?
Hope you and the family are doing great --hugssssss to all from a not too sunny and not too warm Florida.
Always
shirley

oh meant to add to Patty's letter - that alligator took up residence here in my "backyard" so everyone has taken care not to let their 4 legged little ones out near the water - he must be about 12 ft now -
chat with ya later

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter