Short Trip report Nov 8th - Nov 14th

HappyCoder

Earning My Ears
Just got back and thought I would post a short Trip report.

Overview

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge again in a Standard room. This was our 3rd or 4th time staying here. We just love the place. We arrived early on the 8th and attended our first Christmas party. We had 5 day with park hopper. We do not have children, so it was just me and DW.

We do a moderate amount of pre-planning. Dining reservations and fast passes for each day. We try to have a rough idea of our schedule, and we try to be reasonable. We are no longer young. We don't get to the parks at opening, and normally leave long before they close.

Pros
  • Disney is magic, we always feel like a pair of kids.
  • Great cast-member interactions the whole trip.
  • Everything was clean.
  • The weather was great. 80s-90s and very little rain.
  • First time eating at Artist Point - Food was absolutely wonderful.
  • Christmas Party was fun.
  • Changed several fast passes and dining reservations using the iOS application while in the parks. Worked great.
  • Allergy menus at most restaurants. There are still times when talking to the Chef is required, but the new Menus make ordering simpler and more comfortable.

Cons
  • I have a hard time getting in a Christmas mood in November when its 85.
  • First time eating at Yak and Yeti. Food was ok, but at that price it should be amazing.
  • Second time eating at Sci-Fi Dinner. Seats are not comfortable for poo-sized people.
  • Parks were super crowded. We still had a good time, but we got used to September crowd levels. Was nice not having the humidity.
  • Broken Magic Band readers at every other restaurant. No, I don't really want to give you my band so you can scan it in the back on the working reader. We just switched to credit card in these situations. Disney should do a better job of keeping this system running. When it works its magic.

And now I need to get back to work, ugh need another vacation... :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter