• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shorter cruise after second?

mikewdw

wdw coach
Anyone experienced with shorter cruise after their first couple? we were 7 days first two and are planning a 4 day next summer. anyone too disappointed after shorter one? my wife LOVES the cruise so wondering about shorter trip. taking it to go to different ports. done western and eastern carribean. really locked into last week of may first week june because of job so other options not really good for us.
mikewdw

Anyone experienced with shorter cruise after their first couple? we were 7 days first two and are planning a 4 day next summer. anyone too disappointed after shorter one? my wife LOVES the cruise so wondering about shorter trip. taking it to go to different ports. done western and eastern carribean. really locked into last week of may first week june because of job so other options not really good for us.
mikewdw
We much prefer 7 nights as the minimum length of cruise. Last year we did a 4 night Dream followed by B2B 7 night Fantasy cruises, so it didn't really feel as much like a short cruise (the 4 nighter). We've done one other 4 night cruise (different line) and, again I'll say, we prefer longer. I wouldn't say we were disappointed, since we were just looking for "something to do over the weekend" basically. But for a more "real" cruise feel, I think longer is better.

We did a first 3 day, then two 7 days. Then a 4 night this year. 4 was just too short. Sooooooo missed the sea days.
Booked 7 days again next year.

I really was disappointed.

A 4-day on the Dream was our most recent cruise. Yes, I still prefer the 7-nights, but for me and the kids, it was still a Disney cruise, which means a whole lot, and it was the perfect timing for our schedule. So given the choice, I'd rather do a 4-nighter than none at all! :)

Prefer longer cruise but would not turn my nose up at any DCL cruise!!! Just go in with the expectation that you won't have as long onboard and just enjoy the days you do have!!!

We have done 2 night, 3 night, 4 night, 5 night, 7 night, 14, night and 15 night DCL cruises. Love the 15 night but would still go on the 2 night (well not anymore as they don't have cruises to nowhere anymore in 2016). point being the cruise will be what you make it.

MJ

I agree with what others have said, a 4-day Disney cruise is better than no cruise at all.

I will say, our family did a 5-night Dream cruise in 2011, and it went WAY too fast. It was very disheartening when we disembarked. :( (Of course, it is with any Disney cruise, but this was the saddest.) We said to ourselves the only way we'd do a short DCL cruise again, would be if we had ANOTHER (7-day) booked in the near future.

My first Disney Cruise was a 14 days and my second was 7-days. I was not disappointed with my shorter cruise and only wished it was longer but doesn't everyone feel that way regardless of how long your cruise is? No one ever wants it to end.

I have to do longer anything under 7 days is far too short you have just got on and your going off again mine are normally 11/12/14 nights.

We did a 5 day and then 7 day. afterwards we did a 4 day on the dream and were a little disappointed. We had a blast but just as we were getting used to the ship, etc we were already packing up to disembark. We decided well only do longer cruises even if it means holding out to save for the longer trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter