• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I bring a Stroller?

julieheyer

Crazy for the Mouse!
Hi Guys,
I'm new on here and getting ready to go to DL next week. We are getting so excited!!! My dd's (6 and 9) haven't been in 3 years, and are discussing what they can remember from our last trip.

Here's my question - Should I bring a stroller or rent one at the park? My youngee dd is 6 and in good shape. We're staying accross the street at Quality Inn Anaheim at the Park. So we'll have a short walk to the parks, then all the walking in the park. I was originally planning not to use one and just have her walk the whole thing. Now I'm wondering if we should do the stroller thing. It's a pain to park it and then go back for it all the time, but by the end of the night she'll be tired and I'll want to have it.

So what's your opinion? I know you'll know better than me. Thanks, in advance!

Julie in sunny AZ princess:

If your DD is in good shape I would think you would be fine without a stroller since she is 6. The first time I went to DL was when I was 5 and I never had a stroller even though we stayed all day at the park. I don't think "older" kids used strollers back then as much as they seem to now. And, if you find that she does need a stroller you could always rent one later. I don't think they will run out during the week this time of year. And since you're staying across the street, I don't think you would need one to get to the hotel and back, especially since you're unsure if you want to deal with the hassle of having a stroller. Of course, one of the advantages of having a stroller is having a place to put things you don't want to carry around with you.

Hope that helps some!

Our first trip the girls were 6 & 9, we did not take or rent a stroller in the parks. They both did fine in the parks, more than fine really, they didn't complain of sore muscles or feet but DBF and I did! LOL

We stopped bringing a stroller for DD (now almost 8), when she was 5 and she did fine (and we stay at Hojos). I think it just depends on the kid though because I know there are other posters that bring them for their older children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter