Should I go to Discovery Cove?

Lacey73

Earning My Ears
I am figuring out my plan of attack for the week I will be in Disney. I would like to get some feedback from people that have spent a day at Discovery Cove. Is it worth $200 a person for the day? From what i've heard it is very relaxing and a good break from the Disney crowds.
Thanks in advance!

P.S. No kids :)

Lacey73 , I would also love to know. Would it be worth to go and pay $100.00 and not swim with the dolphins. With dolphins it's $200.00???????????????????

So worth it...

Read my trip report on the Universal board about it.. awesome.

You might have come to the wrong place to get an unbiased opinion.

Discovery Cove is such a unique experience from top to bottom. The dolphin encounter is the highlight, but it is a great day even without that.

We are booked for next June...our second trip. We all (DW, DD9, DD11) did the dolphin swim last year. Next year, the DD's will do the dolphins while DW and I enjoy them enjoying their experience.

We have often commented that DC was the one real vacation day in the middle of our Orlando vacation. Impossible not to relax and feel like your in the South Pacific. Snorkel the coral reef or an awesome lazy river (not like the water park concrete troughs). Feed exotic birds in the aviary. Just read a book.

Don't forget the admission price includes valet parking, wet suit use, snorkel to keep and a great gourmet lunch. And when you're done, you've had a unique experience.

Worth it, dolphins or no dolphins?

YOU BET!!!

granny forgot to mention that seven days of Seaworld admission is included as well....

Good catch, Cindy B! Thanks.

Lacey 73....did I mention we absolutely loved it?

I'm sure there are those who have walked away after a day thinking....what's so special? Just the same as those who say the same after a day at Disney.

If a beautiful setting, relaxing day, encouter with dolphins, exotic fish and birds, and a great meal don't sound good to you.....

then you REALLY need a vacation! :D

Do you know if the tickets expire in 7 days or good until all 7 days are used or for a specific time period? Did that make any sense?
Alos, is there a website that I can find specific info for Discovery Cove?

loribell

www.discoverycove.com should answer your questions.

Regarding the seven day tickets, it is consecutive with your DC visit. It can be seven days before/up to the day, or seven days after/during that day.

For example, our DC reservations was for Sunday. We were able to go to Sea World Sat night, and up to seven days after that first use.

You still had to pay for parking, but when we went after 600 pm, the parking attendents were not present.

WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

My wife and I went on our honeymoon last month and just adored it! DC is truley fantastic. Something you will remember long after your trip.

It is a must do!

Definitely worth it...especially the dolphin swim. If you go without doing the dolphin swim, you will be kicking yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter