Should we SURPRISE our 4 DD on our 2nd. trip to WDW!

maybe i'm crazy but i think the planning part is half the fun even for the kids. also i don't think i could ever hold back my excitement, i don't care if its one of your first trips to wdw or your fiftieth the magic and excitement is always there.

I just booked a surprise trip for my four year old. This year my son is really aware of the holidays and knows that Santa is coming soon. What I am planning on doing is setting up my Christmas tree the weekend before we leave and having a surprise package under the tree.

I will have a big box wrapped with his backpack ready to go, his Mouse Ears, and a couple of new Disney toys. I am debting on when to do this the day before the trip or the day of the trip. My only concern about doing it the day of the trip is that we have a 6:00 am flight.

I have been talking to him about our trip in August asking him what he would like to do again. So I think the surprise wouldn't be such a shock.

No I haven't but my dad tried to a few times but he cracked each and every time. Hi my name is Jeremy and I am 10.

16 days to go and my 3 little people don't ahve a clue that we're going to WDW. DH is driving his parents to Florida and will be meeting us there. I told the kids that they were going to have to miss a day of school because we were going to pick up Daddy from the Airport, (4 1/2 hours away). DS is all bummed out because he wanted to get "the Perfect Attendance Award" at school. Hopefully he will forgive me:D

deno

We were supposed to go to WDW in October but had to cancel. We have re-scheduled for 11/30-12/9and haven't told our girls a thing!!!! On the 30th we will send our 3 oldest DD's off to school with a note for early dismissal. They will think I am picking them up early for a dentist check-up. When we walk out of school, there will be a stretch limo all packed up and ready to take us to the airport!! I really hope they are excited!! I'll let you know how it all goes....

WE JUST RETURNED ON 03NOV AND WE DID THE SAME THING. WE DID NOT TELL THE KIDS WHEN WE WERE LEAVING FOR WDW. WE DID TELL THEM THAT WE WOULD BE GOING COME THE WINTER (THAT WAY THEY COULD EARN DISNEY DOLLARS FOR THEIR ALLOWANCE UNTIL WE LEFT) WHEN ACTUALLY WE WERE GOING FOR HALLOWEEN WEEK. WHAT WE DID WAS PICK THEM UP EARLY FROM SCHOOL (SUPPOSEDLY TO DO AN ERRAND). I THEN JUST REMEMBERED THAT THEY HAD RECEIVED A LETTER IN THE MAIL (MAYBE A HALLOWEEN CARD I SAID). WHEN THEY OPENED THE LETTER IT WAS FROM MICKEY TELLING THEM THAT THEY ARE GOING TO WDW RIGHT NOW, SO SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE FLIGHT, I WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW. WELL, OF THE MANY MEMORABLE THINGS THAT HAPPENED OVER OUR 8 DAY STAY, THIS STANDS OUT TO BOTH OF MY KIDS AS ONE OF THE FAVORITE. THEY ARE STILL AMAZED 3 WEEKS LATER THAT MICKEY SENT THEM THAT LETTER. WE CAPTURED THIS ALL ON VIDEOTAPE AND GET TEARY-EYED EACH TIME WE WATCH IT.

After reading all of these posts, I am definitely going to try this with my kids.
We are hoping to have a surprise trip for my parents' on their 70th birthdays in May 2003. This trip will have my sister, my brother, their spouses, their kids, plus my family all going with the folks. We have not all been their together as a family since the 70's.
We had been talking to the kids about this surprise for Grandma and Grandpa up until I read these posts. I mentioned the posts to my wife and we've decided to stop talking about that trip completely and are now saying to them that we are going to wait about three years to go again so we can do a two-week mid-Dec through Christmas trip. We're hoping they will have forgotten all about the 2003 trip by then. We plan to pick them up from their last day of school, start driving to the airport and, if they ask, tell them we're going shopping or something. We'll just have to drop it on them when we take the airport exit.

We will be leaving for DW Dec. 5th and I have decided to wait and tell my children that day just in case something were to happen to keep us from making the trip. I think the dissapointment would be more than any of us could take.

A friend of mine had planned a trip to the world on Sept. 11th and had to pick her 5 year old DD up from school and tell her that they couldn't go. It was so heartbreaking and she was so dissapointed.

I am finding it very hard to contain my excitement, but it will be so much fun to surprise them and know that we are definately going.
:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter