• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shula's Australian lobster tail

Squirlz

DIS Veteran
What is it about this that makes it worth $130? Just curious, we love lobster.

I have no idea but I wanted to say that Shula's was fantastic when we ate there last week. By far the best food we had in 12 days!!

You see the cost of airfare today? Good thing it doesnt need baggage or it would be about $200.

The size for one. It's pretty big. We ordered one once and very easily split it between 4 people. For being such a large lobster, Shula's does an excellent job cooking it.

Is it worth $130? That's really up to you to decide. We personally thought it was worth it and would splurge on it again.

I remember that almost 40 years ago I was at a seafood restaurant in the Siam Intercontinental Hotel in Bangkok and they were having a "Lobster Night". I got a 750 gm (equals 26.5 ounces or 1 pound 10.5 ounces) South African Rock Lobster Tail and my dinner cost me US$ 15.00. When I went, the next day, to the office where I was working they were shocked that I had to pay so much for my dinner.

After 40 years and at a US restaurant I would think this would be a fair price.

The size for one. It's pretty big. We ordered one once and very easily split it between 4 people. For being such a large lobster, Shula's does an excellent job cooking it.

Is it worth $130? That's really up to you to decide. We personally thought it was worth it and would splurge on it again.

If it's so big that you can really share it between 4 people than $130 doesn't seem bad at all. How did they serve it? Was it portioned out on each plate?

I shudder at the prices for lobster in restaurants.

I can go to the local supermarket and buy a 2lber for $10.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter