Signature picture

In the upper left you should see your name, inbox, alerts. click on your name and a window will open with various preferences, one of them being your signature.

In the upper left you should see your name, inbox, alerts. click on your name and a window will open with various preferences, one of them being your signature.
On my screen, it's upper right. Interesting....

I go in to edit signature but how do I replace the old picture with a new one?

If it's on a website you can link to the URL.
upload_2015-2-6_11-25-9.png

But, if it's just on your hard drive, I don't see an upload option, so you'll have to copy it and paste it in.

If you want to copy a portion of the picture:
(Windows screen print here)

open the picture in paint, (right click on it and choose edit)

1. use the ---dashed-- select tool
2. surround the section you want to copy
3. click copy

upload_2015-2-6_11-28-22.png

If you want to copy the whole picture, right click on it in file Explorer
and choose copy.
or
Open it in paint and do 'Control+A' then 'Control+C'

I can backspace to delete the old picture but the new one will not paste. When I paste it, it shows for a second and disappears.

I'm going to go test. Meanwhile can you paste it into a reply to this thread? That way you'll know for sure if it's pasteable (small enough).

SORRY!! I didn't TRY pasting the picture, I'd assumed it would. It won't paste into mine either. I'm going to try to find something.

SEE NEXT POST... this didn't work out like I planned.

Ok, I figured out ONE WAY to do it, but it's several steps. (And I lost my last avatar in the process!)

1. make sure you have the avatar you want to have saved to your hard drive so you can set it back afterwards (let's call this PICTURE-A)
2. set the picture you want to have in your signature (let's call tihs PICTURE-B) as your avatar
3. go back to edit your avatar (currently PICTURE-B), right-click on it and do 'Copy Image location'
upload_2015-2-6_13-40-57.png

4. edit your signature, press the image button and give it the url that you've just copied
(something like: http://www.disboards.com/data/avatars/m/70/70032.jpg?1423251489 )
5. edit your avatar and reload PICTURE-A

(or in my case, another picture altogether... now I need to go back and take the extra picture out of my .sig)

Last edited:
That may not work at all. It might be one link to your image period. not a link to your picture. I'm going to try something else.

Here's the picture I want to put in my signature:

upload_2015-2-6_13-44-53.png

After I POST REPLY I'm going to right click on THIS and choose 'Copy image Location', and then use that url for my .sig

THAT worked!
Seems like there should be an easier way. Of course, if you already have it somewhere like photo-bucket you can use that url in the link

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-6_13-44-27.png
    upload_2015-2-6_13-44-27.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter